“Essentiality is the Key”
Review of CABINN Metro

CABINN Metro
Ranked #82 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Milan, Italy
“Essentiality is the Key”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I’ve been on several business trips to this Hotel with my longest stay being of 3 nights.
The Pros:
Location is perfect for business and I believe leisure as well. It is 2 walking minutes away from Orestad Metro and Rail station where you can catch the underground to the city center or back to the Airport.
Quality vs. Price Ratio: Definetly cheap for Copenhagen’s standards and cleanliness is guaranteed.
The Negs:
Room size: It is really a cabin with the complete toilet being the size of a standard shower booth.
Lack of hair dryer in the room: if you don’t want to bother with reception bring your own.
Breakfast variety: little choice and it lacks the famous Danish Pastries or decent coffee
Lack of possibility of controlling heating/AC in the room.
On and on a good choice for singles or young couples on a budget that don’t mind sleeping on bunk beds.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Andvale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hull
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Being a little hesitant about my trip to CABINN metro having read some of the reviews. However i was delighted at how wrong i found the majority of the review. The hotel is ideally situated right on the metro line being around 4 minute walk around the big shopping centre, Fields. It was very easy to get to from the airport, on the metro changing at Christianhavn. The building itself is quite striking when seeing it first time. So i go to check in, the people i dealt with were very friendly and helpful, and spoke extremely good english - something i come to find a common feature with most Copenhageners. So i get to my room and it was perfect size for me on my own in this one. perhaps if there was more then yes the room would be too small, but they do have bigger rooms at a bigger price. Room was extremely clean and the wet room style bathroom was an easy way to fit everything in one room. I used the spare towels that were given to dry the floor when i needed to use the basin after the shower when i wanted to keep my feet dry. Towels and toiletries were changed daily even if "Do not disturb" sign was on the door. THey were left outside the room in a bag. Tv in room was adequate and had numerous english channels,although watching some of the DR channels was quite good to pick up some of the lingo. My room faced the south so i had view of the airport and in coming planes, which i loved the sight of being a bit of an av geek. would definetly like to visit this hotel again in the future. My next trip to copenhagen is already booked but i will be staying at the bella sky. Next time i go to cabinn metro though i shall be booking breakfast purely for the high cost of food in the town. So to keep costs down breakfast at the hotel would be a great way to save money and keep the hunger away until dinner.

Room Tip: south facing for av geeks ;)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank simonsenlis
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I resided at HCM from 5-9 12 13 as a base to explore Copenhagen and environs,it was a good choice .The staff were very helpful ,the location ideal for access by train or metro to the city .The rooms were small as I expected ,very clean and comfortable , and quiet.I opted to eat in the massive Fields shopping mall next door where on the top level there was a choice of six or more fast food outlets..My only slight complaint was inability to regulate the hotel room heat which was quite warm,it was only a minor matter as I changed room to a rear location where I could open the window without hearing traffic outside . With my Copenhagen Card to use over 2 days,I enjoyed travel around the city and entry to a variety of attractions,I would buy the 3 day on reflection to allow more time and have a day outwith the city. In Copenhagen there are plenty of shops and supermarkets to buy food on the move without paying through too much.So its thumbs up for Hotel Cabinn Metro at Orestad Station !

Room Tip: See review above plus choose above seventh floor.Ask for end of the corridor for quietness too. Even...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Lisbon
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My company booked me a night here, this is a good place if you are practicing to live in a bunker, i never been in such a small hotel room, it makes you laugh in the beginning.
The bathroom is the "best" the handle that makes the "shower" run is on the sink so you need to switch them and overall you make a big mess over the tiny bathroom trying to take a shower.
My room door was all messed up, so to close i had to do it really hard and loudly, which i can imagine is not pleasant for the other folks next to that room.
If this is just to spend the night, is doable, but i don't see myself paying my own money to stay here.
It's close to the airport, that's the only good thing.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Quartilho

Travellers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were supposed to be traveling to Sweden for my birthday, but got stuck in Copenhagen due to a storm. We were already on a bit of a budget, so the airport information directed us to here.
A fifteen minute metro ride away from the city centre took us to the hotel and we were greeted warmly on our arrival. They were very sympathetic to our travel and money worries, so were happy to accommodate us for a few nights. We were pleased they had rooms left and even offered us a double room. Now, there was maybe some sort of language barrier, but this was NOT a double room. Could barely call it a room, to be honest, and more like a cupboard with bunk beds (much to my girlfriend and i's displeasement) and a shower. We decided just to roll with it and not let it ruin our journey anyway, as it was very cheap and it was very clean. The shower was probably my favorite part of the room as the whole room (that, again, wasn't very big) was the shower.
Had drinks in the lobby/reception/bar area, which had a bizarre queuing system and service was quite slow due to the amount of people checking in/out/ordering beers/ordering food/asking questions. The place could do with separate, dedicated areas of hospitality, rather than a massive free-for-all riot.
Didn't include breakfast in our stay as it didn't look entirely appetising, but there is plenty of options for food in the shopping centre across the car park.
Overall, the hotel isn't exactly swanky, but it definitely didn't ruin our visit. The place would be more ideal for groups of friends literally needing a place to sleep. Not the best, but definitely not the worst place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Penderpop
Trondheim, Sor-Trondelag, Norway
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We booked a "double room" to be sure to get a double bed, but when we arrived to the hotel, it was only a bunk bed. We told the person in the reception about it, and the reply we got was quite rude as we were told that it was what they ment with a "double room", but we could upgrade. We tryed to tell them that in every other place (to our experience) a double room has a double bed, and that they should change it if thats not the thing at their hotel. We talked about it, and decided to pay 50 DKK (per day) to upgrade to another room. The room we upgraded to was OK, but nothing more than that. It was originaly a two bedded room (with bunk beds), but we could pull out the bed in the bottom, so that it was like a double bed. We knew that the room would be small, but it was to small for two people staying for 5 days. Also, the breakfast is 70 DKK per person, per day, so we would not recommend it. You can rather go to Fields (or anywhere else) and buy breakfast for the same price (or less), and get much better food. All in all: Be carefull if you want a "double room", and this is most suitable if your just staying for 1-2 nights, and buy breakfast elsewere. Also, some of the staff was wuite unfriendly, but luckily not everyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anneli W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We spent one night at Cabinn Metro, checked in at 11 pm and checked out at 10 am. The hotel is close to the airport, short walk from the metro stop. The room was small and had bunk beds but it did not matter as it was just an overnight trip. The bathroom is very tiny but manageable. Would definitely recommend for a short stay in expensive Copenhagen.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple