“Average”

Ranked #28 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Dublin
“Average”
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Firstly the reception didnt seem sure of our booking - asked if we had breakfast incl. which was on our booking! Family room was tiny and the sofa bed was not prepared when we got there. Asked re larger room - cost quite a bit more! Weekend breakfast was mayhem - chaos where you almost had to clear and prepare your own table!
Location bit isolated in an area undergoing regeneration - good bus service but taxi was almost same price. Great kids playroom incl mini climbing wall. Good secure outdoor rooftop playground. Great sushi restaurant but with poor service. Brasserie staff were excellent and breakfast staff were good but unable to cope at peak - needed extra hands. Overall v average experience for the price!

Stayed November 2013
Jakob E, General Manager at Tivoli Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear RyanbMary,

Thank you for reviewing Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center. I am sad to read that you only had an “average” experience at the hotel. Our mission is to give all of our guests an excellent experience while staying here. We will take the points you mention into consideration in order to improve.
As for the extra charge for a larger room, I am sorry to say that we cannot make it different.
I am happy that your children had fun in the play room and on the outdoor play ground.

I hope we will get the chance to welcome you on a future trip to Copenhagen.

Yours sincerely,
Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center

Jakob Ellermann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Great service and hospetality. The spa is amazing with a hot water pool which is opened untill 22:00
Hotel is designed for business, families and couples
The location is in the centre of town and the staff has good recommendations even if you have only 1 free hour
The room service is very good. very considerate and caring and always with a smile.

Room Tip: ask for lake view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ayay01
Reykjavík, Iceland
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed at Tivoli Hotel for two nights while in Copenhagen for business.

Room: Basic, I stayed in one of the more subtly decorated rooms compared to what the website shows. A nice touch was a loveseat next to the bed. Good shower with proper water pressure.
Bed: Very comfy and great pillows and duvet.

Breakfast: Very nice and a great selection of cheese, even goat cheese, which I don't see often at hotels.

Location: Not the best location in CPH but very close to where I needed to be.

Room service: There's a Sticks and Sushi restaurant in the hotel and they deliver to your room for free. Great service and great sushi!

I will book at Tivoli Hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Ok location.

Ok size on single room.

Nice to have bike rental, but would have been nicer if it was for free.

Nice food in restaurant, but small for business discussions.

Nice staff.

Clean and fresh.

All I need.

Close to Kødbyen which is a lovely place to eat and drink. Easy access when you know the bus times and bus stops to the hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night last Saturday. The hotel is about 15 minutes walk from the train station and is nowhere near anything except other hotels.

Check in was easy and we really liked our room. Very clean, big bed, nice bathroom etc.

We didn't use the pool / gym but it looked a decent size. The Sushi bar on the top floor was really busy, with good drinks / food and a great atmosphere.

My one major complaint was breakfast. I appreciate the hotel was busy but there was no clean tables anywhere and massive queues for all the food. Nowhere near enough space and a serious lack of staff about to clean tables. I just wondered around for 10 minutes before going back to my room and eating breakfast elsewhere. Really poor.

I would probably look to stay in the City centre next time closer to the shops, restaurants etc... as this is really a business hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hotel was good enough for our needs. It was close enough to get everywhere - helpful as I was 5 months pregnant. Service was good and the best bit is the cocktail bar on the roof. We upgraded when we got there and had access to complimentary drinks and snacks which was a nice touch, although the room itself didn't feel like an upgraded room. The area itself i imagine is 'up and coming' but isn't the nicest part of the city but didn't feel unsafe.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
West Hartford
Reviewed 18 November 2013

At check in, we were given a complimentary upgrade-very nice! Breakfast was included, though soemwhat sparse. Staff was VERY accomodating-with one notable exception. The maitr'd at the breakfast area nearly had me executed for trying to sneak into the free breakfast area even though our room included breakfast. He would not listen that our room was checked off b/c my husband went down 5 minutes earlier and was waiting for me and he wouldn't let me join him! I had to argue with him repeatedly when his manager came over, saw my room number and my husband at the table and ushered me right in. That aside, all other staff were delightful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family