“Pleasant hotel”

Moscow, Russia
“Pleasant hotel”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

"+"
- good location in quiet area, central railway station is 10 minutes of walk away (add 10-12 minutes in the train to that and you're in Copenhagen airport), been in Denmark and Copenhagen for the first time ever - had no any troubles to find the hotel without any help
- friendly staff, it's been one of the quickest check-in I've ever had
- never been awaiting too long for elevator, it was always matter of few seconds
- rooms are up-to-date and all devices are easy to operate with (sometimes hotels are way too much modern and you gotta learn how to turn on the lights even)
- breakfast, mini bar, in room service, sushi etc. - everything was nearly perfect
"-"
- maybe it was only my problem, but all of my devices (iPhone and iPad) had troubles with WiFi, the connection was very unstable and could disappear for 10-15 minutes for no reason at all, although everything works fine at other places in Copenhagen, I'd rather had good non-free wireless Internet than such free one
- again, maybe it was only my problem, but TV remote control works only in very few angles, I had to stand up for to switch channel otherwise there was no any reaction from TV
- closed door in my room; I had no any problem with that mysterious mirror door, though still have no idea about its purpose, but any hole in the wall is a good friend of sound transmission from other room and, well, door is some kind of hole anyway, so I knew about a lot of things happening in other room
- express check out is really great thing, but the trick is that you have to put key in the envelope, but lights are going out without the key in its cardholder, being experienced traveller I knew it was coming and I was leaving the hotel early at morning, it was all dark around, but a little notification on the envelope itself for people would be nice, like 'put the key in the envelope right before leaving, lights will turn off'.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sergey R
Jakob E, General Manager at Tivoli Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Serry,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay here at Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center. I am pleased to read all the pros you mention. As for the cons I am sorry that you had troubles with the WiFi. We usually don’t receive any complaints regarding the connection, so I don’t know if there was a problem in that specific room or if there were problems with the devices. However, I regret that you haven’t contacted the reception – they would have changed you to another room immediately.
The mirror door is a connecting door making it possible for families to have two rooms with an interconnecting door. If not in use it is locked by the staff.
Thank you for sharing the idea with a little note on the express check out envelopes. We will definitely consider it.
I appreciate the thorough feedback of your stay here with us and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Jakob Ellermann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is definitely one of the best hotels I have ever been to worldwide, especially considering the price. It is very close to the center (about 10min walk to central railway station), has an intriguing atmosphere (lots of decoration), is clean and offers a great breakfast buffet, a big indoor swimming pool plus a Japanese Sushi restaurant at the top floor - is there anything more one could wish for? Noise level was very low, staff friendly. In the proximity is a huge shopping mall and the hotel is 2 minutes away from the Oresund (nice walking options). Even if the hotel is not directly at the center (but extremley close) all its amenities are certainly worthwhile a stay!

Room Tip: If you prefer elevators to stairs make sure to get a room close to the elevators (which are not cent...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jakob E, General Manager at Tivoli Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Klegau,

Thank you so much for the kind feedback. I am happy to read about your experience here at the hotel and I truly hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Norway
Reviewed 30 March 2014

One of the best of the many, many hotel stays I've had over the last years. To sum up: got a room with a tub on request, good bed, spacious room, amazing buffet breakfast with a huge selection of delicious bread in every variety, cereals and fruits in abundance, cheeses, eggs, bacon etc. (best breakie I've seen for a long time!). They have a sushi restaurant on the 12th floor that was worth the trip to Denmark in itself! Sushi for room service is awesome. :) Definitely staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Rie,

The staff and I are very proud to be mentioned as one of the best hotels you have stayed at. It is truly an honor.
I am very happy that you enjoyed our services and would stay here again in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you.

Best regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the Tivoli Hotel and found the facilities to be very good. Staff were friendly, the buffet breakfast excellent and the romantic Sushi cocktail bar and restaurant on the top floor was superb. The hotel is situated about a 15 minute walk from the central railway station with no bars or restaurants anywhere nearby - this may not be a problem for lots of people but we missed having some local place to go nearby for a beer or drink - lots of office blocks surround the hotel. Overall, good value for money.

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

- 5-10 min walk from Copenhagen Central Station
- lobby and hallways very clean
- room seems okay but coffee splotch on the bathroom floor and gunk on the glass table underneath papers that makes me suspicious about the dirt I can't see.
- the weird factor: despite checking in for two people, the double bed is covered with a single pillow and single sized bedspread. Yes there was a second set in the closet (clean?) but I have neeeeeeever seen a hotel that has a too-small cover.. Even if the room IS supposed to before one person. So weird. Aesthetically not pleasing to the eye.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emmses
Dear Emmses,

Thank you for sharing your experience from our hotel. I apologize for the mistake with the linens. The room had been used for single use and unfortunately the housekeeper wasn't aware that you would be two persons checking in. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
It is a pity that you didn't contact the Front Desk, they would have made sure that the bed was properly made immediately. Please, always contact the staff if you experience any errors in your room; that's why we are here!

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Varna, Bulgaria
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Negative features:
- every morning before ten the cleaning woman entered the room , even if it was answered that it was occupied.
- rooms a bit small
- position slightly far for walking to the center ..needed to take the taxy or the pullman
- one beauty set only
- bycicle rent a bit too expensive
- no hot water and heating the last day so could not try the Spa center
- elevators not working for a bit (good only at 3rd floor)...maybe for the last two we were just unlucky ..but no real apology for the misservice received

Positive features:
- beautiful Sky bar with sushi
- cleanliness
- business atmosphere (could be negative for soemone)
- touristic bus passes by the hotel
- bycicles available
- cleanliness
- soft bed and cuscions
- big shower box - nice bathroom

1 Thank meliisap
Jakob E, General Manager at Tivoli Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for reviewing the hotel. I appreciate your listing of negative and positive features, which is a great help for us in order to improve.

I am very sorry for the interruptions from our cleaning staff in the mornings. I will talk to the head of department immediately to prevent it from happen again. Regarding the beauty set it is true that we only place one in each room, but as each set consists of two cotton pads and two cotton sticks, we consider it as appropriate. However, you can always request another set from the reception.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

To stop the Post Cruise Blues after a trip to the Baltics, we had Pre-booked an all inclusive package at the Tivoli Hotel for a bit of fun. We knew that it's theme is based on the famous Tivoli Gardens Attraction which we intended to visit the next day. And in hind sight we were not disappointed.

The hotel is simply great for either business or pleasure. It's modern, attractive, clean and functional. The staff aim to please. We found all of them pleasant and helpful.

Our room, although small, had a good view of the city. The beds were comfortable and the decor bright and colourful. Surprisingly, the bathroom was substantial in size. I enjoyed the nice little stack of toiletries and the soft fluffy towels.

Breakfast was an unexpected treat! Infinite choices of hot and cold foods. Lovely fresh fruit, cakes, cereals, nuts, gosh we could not fit any more in.

On our way out we were totally enthralled by the presence of a group of Storm Troopers in the Reception area. These guys looked like they had just walked off a Star Wars Set! How random was that? Just waiting for a young Harrison Ford to pop in and make my day!

So the location was well suited for our purposes as we had time to walk to the Famous Gardens, stroll along the canal and visit the Shopping Mall a few hundred meters up the road. Would recommend this hotel as good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view of the city to enjoy the lights at night!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CruisinSusan2014
Dear Susan,

Thank you for the very positive review of Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center.

I am pleased to read how you enjoyed the room, toiletries, breakfast and location. It sound like a nice way to end your cruise.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again on future trips to Scandinavia.