“Hotel Nice, Just A Bit Far from Sites”
Review of Tivoli Hotel

Tivoli Hotel
Ranked #30 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

First of all I do have to say that the timing of our trip was not the best as we were there the week of Eurovision so we had difficulty even finding a room and prices were higher than normal. We would normally not pay this much for a hotel so far from most sites. The hotel was in a newer area and we did feel safe walking and a main train station was nearby. As many others have stated your room is not ready but the upgrade rooms always seem to be! Our rooms were on the 9th floor which had a computer, free snacks, drinks and croissants for breakfast out in the common space which anyone can take advantage of. The common space was nice for me and my friends for our nightly cocktail time. The rooms were nice and very clean. The staff was helpful and ordering us taxis to get around as the shuttle bus was not running due to Eurovision. We tried to get into the sushi restaurant but couldn't get in without a reservation. The 2nd floor restaurant was good but pricey. This hotel was very American.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank wlstone599

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel is more set up as a convention / business traveler hotel in my opinion. The other more charming hotels that were set on the Tivoli Garden's property were sold out for the dates we were staying in November so we booked here.

All in all this hotel was worth it. We stayed in 2 very large suites, plus an extra room. This was our last hotel of this vacation to Norway, Sweden and Denmark and we decided to splurge a bit at the end since this was our last stop of our vacation.

After booking regular rooms in advance and then seeing how small and cramped the furniture was in the room after we got there we inquired about suites. They were able to offer us rooms that were normally reserved on the business floor and had sweeping views. They were also extremely spacious. So we went for the upgrade in rooms, and we were glad we did.

Note: The other rooms, called "family rooms" were actually really cramped and not luxurious at all.

We truly loved Tivoli Gardens, so the location near the park was good. If we had to go again we would book in advance and stay at The Nimb. We had dinner and drinks at the Nimb several times. The Nimb is right in Tivoli Gardens and is very charming. I do believe it is more expensive, so if budget is a concern, I would highly recommend Tivoli hotel, it's just a bit more plain, and the decor is a little dated, but it's really only 5-7 minutes walk to Tivoli Gardens, and you can catch the tour buses for Copenhagen right nearby the front of the hotel as well.

The Tivoli hotel staff was very accommodating, the rooms were clean, they offered special prices and packages for the Tivoli Garden Amusement Park. The hotel was similar to a Hyatt in the U.S. , not 5 star, but not budget .. really it felt most like a convention center hotel for business travelers. Yet, they did try to do their best to cater to the wee ones. They had a room for playing on one of the floors, we didn't bother with it, and they had the hotel nicely decorated for Christmas.

If you thought this review was helpful please check the little button that says so. It makes me feel good to know that I am helping my fellow travelers. I love reading reviews on TripAdvisor and do my best to help others as well. Thank you and LOVED Denmark, and especially Copenhagen, and Tivoli Gardens! We definitely want to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite rather than a family room if you can afford it. The family rooms were very small.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
22  Thank MelissaBradley
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights with my boyfriend and although we had no real problems with the hotel, we left feeling very underwhelmed. We paid extra on check in to upgrade to an 'executive room' and our first comment was 'if this is an executive room' then the standard rooms must be tiny!

Location was a bit further out of town than we had expected.

Breakfast was very standard and you had to pay extra (when we had already paid a lot for the breakfast) for things like an omelette or other cooked items (even though some cooked items were included). The coffee was un drinkable too.

Room Service didn't replace our used towels or clear away mugs and glasses.

Did sleep well and the views from the swings in the sky bar was fab! Service was ok too.

I wouldn't advise people not to go there but I personally wouldn't return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank love2travel_uk_f
Jakob E, Direktør at Tivoli Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking you time to review Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center. I am sorry that the stay didn't live up to our expectations. I would like to apologize for the towels and the mugs not being replaced. I will let the responsible head fo department know in order to improve.

We continuosly look into our procedures in order to optimize our services and your feedback is a great help for us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Location- far from anything interesting
Restaurant- the food served in level 2 was quite good. We ordered dinner and it was a pleasure.
Breakfast- they served the same thing over and over again gor the whole 10+ days I was there. So, this needs a big improvement. No sausages as well. Poor coffee quality- please get a coffee machine grinding fresh coffee.
Parking- terrible service as no one os manning the parking. We had multiple issues with the parking machine when exiting the car park.
Check-in &check-out counters are the same. As there's typically only 2 2-3counters open, you can imagine a mixed crowd queuing up for checking in and out.
No room slippers but the bed is very very comfortable.
Bathroom floors are heated
No one helps u with your luggage.
Overall: quite average.
Given the choice, go somewhere else.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank chandrika b

Dear Chandrika,

First of all I would like to thank you for reviewing your stay here at Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center. All feedback is very valuable for us in order to improve continously.
I am sorry that the experience didn't live up to your expectations.
I will take your feedback into consideration for future improvements.

I wish you all the best,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have booked a triple room with 2 single beds and a sofa. We arrived around 11 a.m. and we were informed that the room is not ready yet (which was totally fine) but in case we'd like to upgrade they may provide us a theme room right away. I was not interested in the offer, so by the time we came back - round 4 p.m. the room was supposed to be ready. However, the sofa bed was not prepared, there were no sheets for it and actually the sofa itself was dusty and covered with stains. The small decorative pillows which looked very pretty on the photos were all dirty and again with nasty stains. The room was small and we had to call 3 times to the reception desk to send a housekeeper to fix the sofa bed. Beside all the above, the location was great - 10mins walk from Tivoli park.

Room Tip: My personal recommendation is NOT to book a triple room there, at least not one tagged as "spec...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PalomaAnna
Jakob E, General Manager at Tivoli Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear PalomaAnna,

Thank you for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry that your stay didn't live up to your expectations. I would like to inform you that the extra beds are not made until late in the afternoon. This is for the comfort of the guests, so the extra space in the room can be enjoyed. Usually the maids start making the extra beds between 4pm - 6pm. When making the bed they also bring the extra towels for the extra person in the room.

I would like to apologize for the cleanliness of the room. I will make sure the decorative pillows will be checked as soon as possible.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcomning you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed with my 5 year old for 3nights at the Tivoli Hotel, and we loved it! The room was clean and nice, with a great view towards the canal. Breakfast is really great, and we enjoyed the pool and playroom a lot. Staff very helpful and friendly. Train station and shopping mall located within 5 min walk from the hotel, and the hotel is located within walking distance to the Tivoli gardens (and main train station as well, which makes it easy to get anywhere you want in Copenhagen). I will definitely stay again if i ever get the chance to come back to Copenhagen!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sylvia d

Dear Sylvia,

Thank you for the very positive review of our hotel. I am very pleased to read about your experience and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family again.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I had a great long weekend in Copenhagen & stay at this hotel. Staff were exceptionally friendly & welcoming & the concierges were extremely helpful & knowledgeable. I liked the location near some up & coming areas, not far from the centre, but very close to Central Station which is a major hub for buses & trains. There is a bus which runs regularly from outside the hotel to the centre & around. Tickets are available from the concierge. The pool & sauna areas are clean & spacious. I upgraded to a larger room as had read that room sizes were not generous. The sushi restaurant on the 12th floor is a great place to relax & the fresh sashimi was delicious. There is also an outside terrace. I would definitely stay here again. The only negative comments I have are that there was no conditioner in the bathroom products, very small bath towels, some of which were on the the way to threadbare, & nasty powdered creamer with the coffee & tea rather than milk. However these small negatives would not stop me returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014