“A good stay”
Review of Tivoli Hotel

Tivoli Hotel
Ranked #30 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have stayed at the Tivoli on numerous occasions for business travel. I find the hotel to be a good, clean and comfortable hotel that copes well with the demands of the traveller.

I would think it could be noisy if you get a lot of children staying in the summer months but I can say I have never had any major issues.

Location wise it is fine for the Tivoli Park but is a bit far for other sites but close to the main station ten min walk maximum.

Good hotel if you need a base for a few days restaunts are good and the skybar and Sushi on top floors give truly great views.

Room Tip: higher the better
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jakob E, General Manager at Tivoli Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing the hotel. As you are a regular guest and thereby have extensive experience with the hotel, I truly appreciate the review.

As you mention regarding the noise from children, I agree that there are no issues, but if you would happen to stay here in the high season in Summer (July – Mid August) I would recommend you to stay on the Business Floors as you would have access to the lounge and the Executive Breakfast in an isolated area of the bar. This way you will be sure not to be disturbed by too many children on holiday when working. This is just for the high season, the rest of the year there are absolutely no issues, as you also mention.

I am happy to know that you have stayed have various times and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Jakob Ellermann

Write a ReviewReviews (3,278)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We chose this hotel largely because its name and promotional material suggested it's very close to Tivoli, and downtown Copenhagen, the places where we wanted to spend our time as family tourists. For example if you Google the hotel, its website title includes "Hotel located in downtown Copenhagen!" This is a lie - it's located in a former industrial wasteland that somebody is trying to develop into an expensive area of shopping malls and hotels and offices, and the area may be that in 15 years. The hotel is a bus or train ride, or a 20-plus-minute walk with small kids, from its namesake Tivoli - not where we expected at all.

Also though the hotel is new, its cheap construction shows, and 15 years from now when the neighborhood may be a hive of shopping malls as the developers hope, it will be time to tear this thing down.

The sushi restaurant closed early (10pm I think) on a Thursday and there are no late dinner options in the hotel or neighborhood, so we (& other hotel guests who were in the same situation) did not get dinner our first night in Copenhagen.

As a last complaint it's a very busy hotel that goes for the meeting business. The breakfast for example is an unmanaged mob scene.

The swimming pool and playroom were great amenities, though.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank sullidav

Dear Sullidav,

Thank you for writing such an extensive review of Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center. All reviews are much appreciated as they help us know how our guests feel and how we can improve.

I am sorry that the stay didn’t live up to your expectations and that you found the location as out of town. The hotel is located aprox 900 metres from the Tivoli Gardens, which I would say it quite close. But of course, this is a subjective assessment.
As for the surroundings I would say that it is very individual if you like it or not. Some guests love to have Copenhagen Mall and the waterfront close by and others don’t. I am sorry that you didn’t like it.

The Skybar restaurant Sticks’n’Sushi closes at 1am on Thursdays and the kitchen closes at 10pm, which is very common in Denmark. I am sorry that you arrived to late to get any dinner. Did you try the restaurant and bar on the 2nd floor? The kitchen here doesn’t close until 22:30pm all week.

I am happy that you enjoyed the pool and playroom and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were booked in to this hotel for 6 nights as my husband was attending a conference. After spending a night in a standard room, which was pretty small and also small bouncy soft beds, we opted to upgrade for the rest of our stay to a 'junior suite' which was more spacious. the Danish king size bed is a very different size to our notion of a king size. We were on the 8th floor. There were four lifts. Three of the four were decorated in a 'carnival' theme which included psychedelic

lighting .The other lift is normal but a lottery chance of it arriving and if you have a fear of heights , is open glass to the street. I avoided these two migraine attacks later. Another two ladies from our group also reported migraine attacks... Is this hotel geared for children ,with a hall of mirrors in the passageway before the breakfast room? I thought it was a conference hotel.? It cannot cater for both families and business people or the elderly. It is 'Tivoli' themed overkill.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ymoc404

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your experience here at the hotel. It is much appreciated.

I am sorry that the stay didn’t live up to your expectations. The hotel is inspired by the Tivoli Gardens and so is the décor, even in the elevators. I am sorry if you didn’t like it.
The hotel is very geared to business travellers, but as one can image the name also appeals to leisure guests. We consider ourselves as the right choice for both segments as the segments usually stay here at different times (weekdays for business and weekends for leisure) and the hotel is installed with child-free business areas (the Lounge on the 9th floor, the Executive breakfast area and the conference center), making it possible for our business guests to enjoy some quiet areas.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your husband on future business trips to Copenhagen.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

First of all I do have to say that the timing of our trip was not the best as we were there the week of Eurovision so we had difficulty even finding a room and prices were higher than normal. We would normally not pay this much for a hotel so far from most sites. The hotel was in a newer area and we did feel safe walking and a main train station was nearby. As many others have stated your room is not ready but the upgrade rooms always seem to be! Our rooms were on the 9th floor which had a computer, free snacks, drinks and croissants for breakfast out in the common space which anyone can take advantage of. The common space was nice for me and my friends for our nightly cocktail time. The rooms were nice and very clean. The staff was helpful and ordering us taxis to get around as the shuttle bus was not running due to Eurovision. We tried to get into the sushi restaurant but couldn't get in without a reservation. The 2nd floor restaurant was good but pricey. This hotel was very American.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank wlstone599
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel is more set up as a convention / business traveler hotel in my opinion. The other more charming hotels that were set on the Tivoli Garden's property were sold out for the dates we were staying in November so we booked here.

All in all this hotel was worth it. We stayed in 2 very large suites, plus an extra room. This was our last hotel of this vacation to Norway, Sweden and Denmark and we decided to splurge a bit at the end since this was our last stop of our vacation.

After booking regular rooms in advance and then seeing how small and cramped the furniture was in the room after we got there we inquired about suites. They were able to offer us rooms that were normally reserved on the business floor and had sweeping views. They were also extremely spacious. So we went for the upgrade in rooms, and we were glad we did.

Note: The other rooms, called "family rooms" were actually really cramped and not luxurious at all.

We truly loved Tivoli Gardens, so the location near the park was good. If we had to go again we would book in advance and stay at The Nimb. We had dinner and drinks at the Nimb several times. The Nimb is right in Tivoli Gardens and is very charming. I do believe it is more expensive, so if budget is a concern, I would highly recommend Tivoli hotel, it's just a bit more plain, and the decor is a little dated, but it's really only 5-7 minutes walk to Tivoli Gardens, and you can catch the tour buses for Copenhagen right nearby the front of the hotel as well.

The Tivoli hotel staff was very accommodating, the rooms were clean, they offered special prices and packages for the Tivoli Garden Amusement Park. The hotel was similar to a Hyatt in the U.S. , not 5 star, but not budget .. really it felt most like a convention center hotel for business travelers. Yet, they did try to do their best to cater to the wee ones. They had a room for playing on one of the floors, we didn't bother with it, and they had the hotel nicely decorated for Christmas.

If you thought this review was helpful please check the little button that says so. It makes me feel good to know that I am helping my fellow travelers. I love reading reviews on TripAdvisor and do my best to help others as well. Thank you and LOVED Denmark, and especially Copenhagen, and Tivoli Gardens! We definitely want to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite rather than a family room if you can afford it. The family rooms were very small.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
22  Thank MelissaBradley
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights with my boyfriend and although we had no real problems with the hotel, we left feeling very underwhelmed. We paid extra on check in to upgrade to an 'executive room' and our first comment was 'if this is an executive room' then the standard rooms must be tiny!

Location was a bit further out of town than we had expected.

Breakfast was very standard and you had to pay extra (when we had already paid a lot for the breakfast) for things like an omelette or other cooked items (even though some cooked items were included). The coffee was un drinkable too.

Room Service didn't replace our used towels or clear away mugs and glasses.

Did sleep well and the views from the swings in the sky bar was fab! Service was ok too.

I wouldn't advise people not to go there but I personally wouldn't return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank love2travel_uk_f
Jakob E, Direktør at Tivoli Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking you time to review Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center. I am sorry that the stay didn't live up to our expectations. I would like to apologize for the towels and the mugs not being replaced. I will let the responsible head fo department know in order to improve.

We continuosly look into our procedures in order to optimize our services and your feedback is a great help for us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Location- far from anything interesting
Restaurant- the food served in level 2 was quite good. We ordered dinner and it was a pleasure.
Breakfast- they served the same thing over and over again gor the whole 10+ days I was there. So, this needs a big improvement. No sausages as well. Poor coffee quality- please get a coffee machine grinding fresh coffee.
Parking- terrible service as no one os manning the parking. We had multiple issues with the parking machine when exiting the car park.
Check-in &check-out counters are the same. As there's typically only 2 2-3counters open, you can imagine a mixed crowd queuing up for checking in and out.
No room slippers but the bed is very very comfortable.
Bathroom floors are heated
No one helps u with your luggage.
Overall: quite average.
Given the choice, go somewhere else.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank chandrika b

Dear Chandrika,

First of all I would like to thank you for reviewing your stay here at Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center. All feedback is very valuable for us in order to improve continously.
I am sorry that the experience didn't live up to your expectations.
I will take your feedback into consideration for future improvements.

I wish you all the best,

Kind regards,