“Delicious food and good service!”

BOB Biomio Organic Bistro
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
BOB Biomio Organic Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #354 of 2,673 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Price range: US$17 - US$41
Cuisines: Danish, Healthy
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner Vesterbro
Description: Biomio Organic Bistro is situated in the Meatpacking District at Vesterbro. Our restaurant is the largest organic restaurant in Denmark. It is our aim is to serve good and tasty organic food at a reasonable price in modern bistro style. Drop by if you are looking for a nice meal, a small snack, an aromatic cup of coffee or a crispy cocktail. All 100% organic - we made it easy for you to make a conscious choice.
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I like how you can see exactly how the food is prepared. I went with a couple of friends and the food was absolutely delicious, great service, very attentive staff! The atmosphere isn't really cosy, so I wouldn't bring my boyfriend, but with friends I would definitively go back!

1  Thank Maria J

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The food was good, when it came. If you like veggies with noodles. Was a great value especially when staff felt guilty messing up the order, gave free Coffee and desert. The restaurant is a renovated Bosch appliance store which still has the Bosch sign. Sitting outside with a Bike path turn was very interesting with very fit people on three speed bikes passing leisurely by.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Located close to the hotel we were staying at, the restaurant has excellent food options for vegetarians.

Very helpful staff, good location: you can sit and watch the famous cyclists of copenhagen pass by. While on the street, there is not too much car or bus traffic which allows you to enjoy your food in peace.

sizable portions, one mains and one side dish worked great for two of us

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I can start the review by commenting on the food: it was okay. The onion tart was more of a quiche, and dry, and the salad it came with was too sweet. The beef dinner special was pretty good, hampered by the high salt content that left me feeling sick.

The service, however, was far worse than the mediocre food. When we first got our hummus and veggies, they brought it without any utensils or napkins. Once we got our main courses, no one ever returned to the table except to finally bring us napkins and utensils. Both of us had to go into the restaurant (we were sitting outside--remember that, it comes up again in the next paragraph) to get the attention of our server, but she didn't seem to care about our concerns.

Our biggest concern was the group of people on the greenspace in the middle of the street. They started screaming and fighting with each other, rolling on the ground, one holding the other down. No one in the restaurant seemed to care. When the guy who had been held down got up, peed on a tree, then kicked the other guy so hard he fell back and hit his head on a rock, no one seemed to care. The staff was as disinterested in the goings-on in their neighborhood as they were in the customers. The waitress smiled as she essentially told us she and her colleagues didn't care to help.

Being organic is nice, but being courteous and civic-minded is nice, too. The atmosphere completely ruined what was already a mediocre meal. I hope after reading this you will go elsewhere and not give this disgusting business any financial support.

1  Thank JRR R
BioMio, PR-chef at BOB Biomio Organic Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you very much for taking your time to review BioMio on TripAdvisor.

I am very sorry to hear about your dissapointment in visiting our restaurant.
I will talk to my chefs about your criticism on the food.
We try our very best to have a very high standard in both the food and the service. However we sometimes fail and it is nok good enough that we bring you food but no utencils.

Concerning the disturbances in the greenspace. This greenspace does not belong to BioMio and I will never encourage my staff to get involved in a fight. In Denmark we have a very well-developed legalsystem and a very attentive policeforce.
I will never risk my staffs security by getting involved in such disturbances,.
Vesterbro is a very mixed part of Copenhagen - you'll find all types of people - this can sometimes lead to disagreements and therefore disturbances.
It is unfortunate that you had to experience this but BioMio can not be held responsible.

We are very helpfull and serviceminded to our guests and try our best to make sure that there is a nice atmosphere at BioMio. However it is not our responsibility to act police officers to the public.

I really hope you understand and appreciate my answer.

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Service was a tad slow and they got confused when the table in front of me asked for the bill however understandable :) Food for a vegetarian was lovely.