“Just to fill up your stomach”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Obelix

Cafe Obelix
Reserve with
Cafe Obelix is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,295 of 2,308 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Price range: US$3 - US$24
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, European, Danish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Inner Vesterbro
Rehovot, Israel
“Just to fill up your stomach”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Liked the theme of the cafe (Obelix from Asterix and Obelix).
Nice to sit there. Less expensive than restaurants in the center of the city. But don't expect anything fancy concerning the food. It was basic and not very delicious - good just to fill your stomach.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Boris S

• Greek first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Nice place but miss better food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

I went to cafe Obelix course the Sun was shinning - i was hungry and there was a good chair. The chair and the Sun were great but the food disappointment. Far ti expensive compared what you get. The portion was very small but looked bigger with some salad beside. Go for your drinks and drop the food!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Linette L
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Happy Hour, Self Service Style Cafe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

I have mixed reviews about Cafe Obelix. I came across it when I was ready for dinner in Denmark. I was attracted by the large seating area on a pretty square surrounded by other bars and restaurants. Cafe Obelix had cozy, fleece rugs available to keep you warm on chilly evenings so I sat down and nodded my arrival to the waitress.

The waitress was lovely and seemed skilled at her job but I was surprised to be told that food and drink should be ordered and paid for inside, at the bar! In fact my entire stay at the Cafe Obelix depended on me collecting my jacket, my book, my bag and my umbrella to go 'inside' for another drink...?? Maybe it's what happens in Copenhagen but it was very difficult when you are solo.

I was disappointed that the cafe menu didn't offer the dinner I was looking for although the burgers that I saw other people eating looked very good.

The other thing I was disappointed about was that I didn't get two drinks during happy hour so I advise caution when eating/drinking here.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Josie J
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Slow service but worth the wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

We had one day in Copenhagen before our cruise and found this cafe round the corner from our hotel. You have to order at the bar which does take a lot of time but once the food arrives it makes up for it. The chicken and bacon sandwich with the curry mayo was gorgeous. Not cheap but Copenhagen is expensive anyway so can not complain. Give it a go

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“No no no!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

I don't know what was worse - the decor or the food. The brunch buffet was unappetizing at best but luckily the wealth of dirty plastic flowers had more or less taken taken away my appetite anyway. Disgraceful. Only saving grace was the all-you-can-drink coffee.

Visited April 2013