“Terrible choice for business traveler”
Review of STAY Copenhagen

STAY Copenhagen
Reviewed 30 September 2013

1 point for it's room space, and probably the only thing I am happy about.
There's no proper lighting in the room, so you can't do anything reading at night. The brightest light is in the bathroom.
There's no safe deposit box in room. Please don't carry value item or excessive cash if you will stay there.
Housekeepers dont take away my garbage regularly. Usually the trash is cleared every the other time when my room was served.
Beddings are of low quality in general.
No fixed line telephone.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank A C

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Positives:
The room itself was spacious and decent. It's nice in the morning and afternoon with the natural light. In the evening/night, it was so dark with very few lights available. Personally, I would not recommend if you have little kids. The bed is decent, but pillows and towels were so limited.

Negatives:
The cleaning can certainly be improved, dirty dishes were left out. We were hoping they set the proper expectation had they wanted the guests to wash the dishes.

We had to buy paper towel as there was none available.

There was no direct phone line to the reception so we had to go back and forth, up and down when we have questions or needs.

The main door was really really really hard to open (not sure if it's specific to the building # 13). We ran into another guest who were having hard time to open the door as we did. It's just not good in the event of fire.

Staffs were just OK. It seemed that there were no communications between the staffs.
One example:
We realized that we left our baby pillow on the bed and we called the reception in the afternoon and we were asked to call back in the morning. We called again in the morning and we were asked to call back in the afternoon, we called in the afternoon, we were told to call back at night. We just called again at night and we were asked to call again in the morning. We finally gave up.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank D C
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here for three weeks and I had a great time! Many reviewers were complaining because of the fact that this hotel is located far away from the city center, but that's not a big issue, because there is a ferry station along the harbor there, next to the bridge that takes you to Fisketorvet, that is rather cheap and that takes you to Nyhavn in 3 stops only! I also walked until the city center sometimes, and it's not a huge distance. There more, the walk is safe and pleasant in the summer time. I also read about noise on Friday evenings: the truth is, Friday is a festive day in all Denmark, and there was noise everywhere: the streets, the penthouse, all the pubs in the street, but I never had any problems sleeping. The noise eventually stops around 12.00 so that was fine to me, and even so you could manage it until then. The service is excellent, on my last day there I had problems with my shower and the people at the reception were very helpful, I couldn't thank them enough! If you love minimalist if style like I do, then you will love the spacious and stylish interns at stay! Room service could be a little bit better, but I'm still very happy about this hotel. I recommend this to anyone looking for a more complete Danish experience! 8.5/10
p.s the beds are super soft!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Sophs95
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed for 7 nights. We were kept awake for almost half of the first night by a very noisy party with loud music in the penthouse. When we mentioned this the following morning the not so friendly lady at the reception just didn't seem to care. She said it was already arranged by someone who didn't work here anymore and that there was nothing she could do about it.
Our last night was a disaster as well. Another party. In the first instance we were informed by the same lady at the reception that it was a fashion show and should end by 10 pm. When the party didn't end by 10:45pm I went down to the reception and bumped into a few party animals in the lift who informed me that there is a party here almost every friday evening.
It is very hypocrite of STAY to have house regulations that state that "noise levels should be kept to a minimum at all times".
There were also issues with the housekeeping.
I will certainly NOT recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Kroket74
Reviewed 10 September 2013

of all the 17 hotels I stayed in on my round the world monstrosity, stay copenhagen was hands down the best. I got upgraded to an extralarge loft, this vast space of open-placed industrial chic was gobsmacking. Movable glass walls at either end of the space with a balcony on the third side, 135sqm of pure joy! full kitchen and laundry made me feel like a human again after living in 5-star squallor elsewhere (yes I know, FWP). It makes such a difference on holidays when you can cook a meal - glorious, better than a foot-rub.

the location was interesting, on the emerging urban area along the main canal, industrial chic! bordered to the back by a vast parkland suitable for all sort of entertainment - biking and the like....sunbaking (scandi-style at times.....)

there is full-sized gym! smith press, olympic bar - everything....was so impressed.

bike hire is easy, flat-tyres happen! cycling into central copenhagen (about 1km) is easy, straight along the canal-side, flat!

will definitely return to copenhagen and without doubt, be booking the same room! think more serviced-apartment hotel rather than room-service hotel.....hopefully the way of the future

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank grainger22
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I love this place! I've been working in Denmark for 3 years and have been staying here pretty much since it opened only with the occasional stay in other hotels. I'm reviewing now as I'm finishing work here so I can let the cat out of the bag! The rooms are massive...more like apartments. They have a kitchenette, washing machine, tumble drier, wet room etc. Decor is minimalist 'HAY' design. There's a fantastic gym to use and the staff are lovely. Minor gripes: some of rooms quite dark; location is in Islands Brygge so,not quite in the centre but in an up a coming area however there is some construction nearby. Good bus links to centre of CPH though.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Cliff T
Reviewed 3 September 2013

If you are looking to be in the heart of touristy Tivoli Gardens and the like this is not for you. This is a good 20 minute walk from the center of the City - and a gorgeous safe walk - with easy access to cabs.

The area is one of the hottest up and coming areas in Copenhagen with art galleries and a bunch of great restaurants. A very laid back vibe. It is nice to do all the manic touristy things and come back to this hotel where the rooms are huge and there are kitchens and laundry in the lofts. Our loft was 1,500 square feet and what a pleasure!

To complain about the IKEA-like plates is like complaining about Scott toilet paper being used in an all marble bathroom.

The staff is not large but EXCEPTIONALLY helpful particularly at the front desk.

There is great modern architecture all around this area and the pricing was very reasonable as well.

This was my family's favorite hotel experience out of five hotels in Scandinavia.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family