“A decent café in central Copenhagen.”
Review of Cafe Oscar

Cafe Oscar
Ranked #237 of 2,700 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Danish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is a lovely little place, conveniently located in central Copenhagen.
We stopped by for an afternoon coffee during Easter, and the place wasn't packed to say the least.
Service was quick and nice.
We ordered two cafe latte, which cost us 70 DKK including tip (apx. 13US$).

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The enterior is rather plain in this cafe, and the outside area is onto a rather busy street. but the staff is always very friendly and the food is very tasty, and not too expensive for this area, so great value for money.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The Cafe Oscar is about a 20 minute walk from The Little Mermaid. My wife and I discovered it while walking around Copenhagen. As an American, I have grown quite fond of certain Scandinavian dishes, particularly, liver pate with bacon and mushrooms and Danish rye bread. I tried it here and was better than any other restaurant that I have had it before. The customer service was excellent. No complaints.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My wife & I enjoyed a dinner meal on March 20, 2014. This is off the beaten path but worth the trip. It has a nice cozy feel to the place and the waitstaff are so very attentive to your needs. They could turn the lights down a bit and maybe change the background music to something more "dinner" like.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Cafe Oscar is just off Amalienborg. It's a little corner cafe, nothing special from the outside, but this place is highly recommendable.
The moment you walk in, you feel at home. Waitresses all welcome you in a very friendly way.
Menu lay on the table in no time.
Even though it looked like an ordinary cafe, we decided to take a burger. Boy, this is a delicious burger. I wan't expecting this at alll. Very tasty meat and all vegetables were fresh. French fries were handcut and fried to perfection.
We tried garage for drinks, not knowing what it was. I recommend it. it tastes a bit strange in the beginning, but then it is great.
Great food and the perfect service. Seldom have I seen such friendly waitresses.
We walked in around 13.30 and it was quite empty. We ledft around 14.30 and the place was packed. Depending on the time you arrive it may be full so reservation may be recommended.
I would defenitely come back to this place to try some other things. The open sandwiches looked not too bad either.

1  Thank Nico S