“A Universe of Taste Experiences and Lingering Magic”
Review of Geranium

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Outer Oesterbro
Reviewed 20 December 2013

A meal at Geranium is an event that I liken to a world class ballet. In a beautiful setting on the 8th floor of the Danish Football Stadium, every dish is prepared and presented by a dance of servers and chefs. Each dish is an art work. Some of the dishes are more remarkable than others and all are combined with beverage pairings that make the food come even more alive. Together the combination leaves a magical feeling. The lingering memories provide inspiration in the art of living and creation.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

We planned a trip to Copenhagen entirely around our ability to get a reservation at Noma...and then had to find other places to eat for the rest of the trip. I came across Geranium on a list of CPH restaurants and was able to make reservations for lunch on a Saturday. We were expecting really good food and we got that - and more! The food was absolutely amazing, the wine pairings were quite nice and the restaurant space is beautiful! Relaxing with a post-meal tea and coffee in the lounge, sitting by the window was a perfect end to a perfect meal. We found the service to be exceptional - someone was always there when you needed something but no one was obtrusive. We also enjoyed having a variety of different servers, cooks and chefs serve each of our dishes.

It was a little disconcerting to be eating in a restaurant of this caliber and see people in jeans, sneakers and Christmas sweaters, but I had been warned that Copenhagen was quite casual. I chose to wear a dress and was one of only a few people not in casual clothes. However, this in no way took away from the experience, it was just a little odd to me (and was repeated again at Noma, where I think everyone in the restaurant was wearing jeans!). The restaurant is also a little far from the city center. We took a cab and definitely felt it was worth doing so (the restaurant will also call you a cab when you are finished your meal).

If I am ever again in Copenhagen, Geranium and Kiin Kiin are on my list of must-do's.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

No doubt that this restaurant is cool and innovative but it is still just lacking dishes that blows you away.. And i think for Dkk 3000 a head ( thats including a very very average wine menu ) you deserve to have several dishes that leaves you speechless instead we ended the main course with chicken ( yes was very nice but still.. ) and Venison Tartare. Now I really like tartare and I really like Venison but it was more or less tasteless. Not a single person at the table ( we were four ) finished even half of that serving but no one asked why or if anything was wrong.. Now I still give the restaurant 4 out 5 as the snacks ( i think 8 different servings ) was nothing short of world-class and I really thought that we were in for a HUGE night. Unfortunately not. But many of dishes were very good especially the bread dish stands out ( as you only have one serving of bread ) and the presentation of the food was picturesque and service was excellent. But too many other awesome options in Copenhagen for me to go back...

2  Thank RNdinner
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My friend booked and arranged this meal for us for our Christmas break in Copenhagen.
I have been to some fine restaurants in my time, but Geranium has now hit the top of the list. We both thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon here, the food was sensational art, it was so impressive and when you tasted each course you wondered how they would better it. The staff were very friendly and helpful and added to our great experience.
I highly recommend this restaurant!! If you're staying in the centre is best to get a taxi.
Well done Geranium, keep up the great work :)

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Had lunch here with my wife and daughter and it was fun at the time, but in reviewing the experience I am a little bit disappointed. My wife and I had the light lunch with wine and my daughter the juice menu. Looking back there isn´t any outstanding course that I remember as truly great. Maybe that´s because there was served more wine than food-I´m not sure. I also recall many cold courses. The service was ok, but I think it lacked finesse I would expect of such a restaurant. I can´t quite figure out why this place has two Michelin stars. Would I eat here again- probably not. For the amount it cost to eat here I would expect the chef who´s name is on the door to be in the kitchen.