“So much fun!”

Ranked #2 of 395 things to do in Copenhagen
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: From mid-April to mid-September, a world-class amusement park comes to life in the center of Copenhagen. More than two dozen rides await you, in addition to live entertainment and more than 30 eateries.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

In my opinion, if you go to Copenhagen you MUST go to Tivoli! Spent an afternoon and evening here on my recent trip to Copenhagen with my husband and some friends. I looked forward to going to Tivoli the whole vacation and it did not disappoint!

It's literally across the street from Copenhagen Central Station, making it super easy to get to. It's a very cool location - how often do you see an amusement park in the middle of a giant city?

It's a very reasonable price to get in and for the unlimited ride bracelet ($60 all together I believe, however the admission part is free if you have the Copenhagen Card). There are many places to get food at all different price ranges and many washroom facilities.

There is also a great variety of rides in terms of intensity and type. Fun for both kids and adults. The park is separated into different world themes, which is quite cool!

My absolute favourite ride was the HC Andersen one called The Flying Trunk. It's technically a children's ride but it was so great I went on it three times. You ride in a trunk and watch wooden figurines act out HC Andersen stories. Audio in either English or Danish, your choice.

The whole atmosphere of the place is just so cool. I don't know how else to describe other than to say that it is very special, and romantic too in its own way.

There are also lovely gardens and many birds/wildlife around.

There are sometimes concerts, though there wasn't one on when we were there.

We loved it!

Write a ReviewReviews (19,935)
All reviews
"visiting copenhagen"
in 198 reviews
in 582 reviews

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Never thought I would end up at an amusement park on this trip to Denmark, but I'm glad we did. We arrived in the afternoon and stayed until midnight. We rode all of the rides, the staff was mostly friendly and nice. We rode the oldest wooden roller coaster in the world!! We had a great meal at the brewery restaurant before we watched some fireworks and headed home. The food was fantastic, we all ordered the Lobster bisque and it was awesome. The service was great too.

I would definitely recommend going for an afternoon if you're in Copenhagen.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Very nice place to spend a day around, but is not compared -at all- with the other big amusement parks, like Disney land in USA, or Euro Disney in Paris, "much much less". You can experience your adventure skills,... if not,.. you can have nice food and excellent Ice cream. my advice is, -Please- go..it is a nice time anyhow.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We spent a couple of hours there. It is a cute amusement park that is worth the visits. I lived all the small shops with their signs and the garden area. It has modern rides, but the park has a quaint small feel rather than a big park feel.

1  Thank zoecatCA