“Good large hotel”

AC Hotel by Marriott Bella Sky Copenhagen
Ranked #22 of 119 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I arrived late one evening, having travelled by train and metro from the airport (about 20 minutes) and then a 10 minute walk. Check-in was reasonably quick and the room (on the 3rd floor, I think) was functional rather than luxurious, but had all of the necessary facilities and an excellent shower room. Breakfast the next morning was surprisingly well organised for such a large hotel. The only real negative with the whole stay was that the walls between the rooms were very thin.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Hampshire-resident
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for your review, the next time you come by you must try a room higher up in the building.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,892)

Reviewed 27 June 2012

I'm so impressed by this hotel. It's close to the highway, metro (which brings you to the heart of Copenhagen within a few minutes), airport and shopping. The hotel is quite spectacular in every way and the rooms are spacy, clean and with excellent view. Breakfastbuffet is great and if you want to have a drink or snack, you can visit the Sky Bar on the top of the hotel. Parking is quite cheap (11 Euro for 24 hours).

No matter how hard I try, I find it difficult to mention anything negative about this hotel. I am really looking forward to going back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

And we will be happy when you return. Thank you.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

One of the most beautiful conference-hotel I've ever seen: large rooms, splendid view to city and sea. Simply great!

Room Tip: Chose a room with windows on two sides above the 14th floor: The view is spectacular!

Simply thank you!

Reviewed 22 June 2012

I stayed here for a conference at the adjacent conference center. It was a very comfortable stay, all in all one of my more pleasant conference stays over the years.

My room was very comfortable and had plenty of space and storage room for one person. I did hear that some of the odd-configuration rooms (due to the dramatic shape of the building) were more cramped. Everything was in good condition, clean, and functional - no problems at all. The wireless worked very well. Tissues in the room would have been nice - maybe this is an American thing only?

All my interactions with the staff were very cordial. With the conference beginning and end, there were times the desk was very busy, but the staff dealt very efficiently with checkins, questions, etc. People were happy to go beyond their responsibilities, for example the bartender helpfully answered my questions about the train.

The breakfast room was large and busy, with many communal tables, but was well stocked with a good selection.

I discovered an error in my bill after I returned home, and it was resolved quickly through email.

Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

We appreciate your review and hope that you will return soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

We loved our 5 nights at Bella Sky. Stunning architecture, impressive interiors throughout, comfortable, clean modern rooms, an excellent spa (watch the sunset), great service from reception (thank you Nina from Malmo), fantastic view from our room and the sky bar on the top floor. We found breakfast to be varied and high quality. There is a metro stop at the end of the road that will take you to Copenhagen city centre and the airport very quickly, a large shopping centre nearby and a large green fields area (Amager faelled) perfect for running or cycling. We hired bicycles from the hotel to sample the fantastic Danish cycling infrastructure.

Already planning our next getaway to Bella Sky and Copenhagen. Mange Tak!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

And a memorable review! We look very much forward to seeing you on your next stay at Bella Sky Comwell.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

We really looked forward staying at this very contemporary hotel. The hotel is in fact very cool. Everything is minimalistic, with light colors, mostly white, Scandinavian modern furniture and it has a quite warm atmosphere. When you enter thru the main door there is a bar on the left, the very unusual reception, on the right. The room we stayed in was OK. Also very minimalistic with nearly everything you need. The bathroom is nice put there is no where to put your makeup, toothbrush and so on. There is a minibar, with soda, wine, gin but no glasses, only paper-cups. Who wants to drink wine out of paper-cups? We arrived late in the evening and wanted something to eat. The restaurant was closed for the evening but we where told we could use the room-service on the TV in our room. But the room-service closes at 10pm. The point with room-service is that you can order food after the restaurants have closed. The service at the hotel is no more than average, could be better. There is a restaurant on the ground floor, which we didn't visit. We went to the restaurant on the 1. floor, which is amazing. We expected something normal but was taken by surprise. You can chose between 3, 5 and 7 courses, adding recommended wine if you wish. We decided for a 3 course menu with wine. The food was incredible, all local, and the wine they had picked out was perfect. It was so good that we decided to have 2 desserts. The service was also very good. For this kind of food we found the prices very reasonable. The sky bar on the top floor was OK.

1  Thank Bonustrips
BellaSkyComwell, Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Bella Sky Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you liked the design of Bella Sky Comwell. Room service is open 24 hours, but changes to a night menu at 10pm. Your surprise, when you visited the Balcony Restaurant, is exactly what we aim for, and we are pleased to have done it again. We hope that we will be able to welcome you again on your next visit to Copenhagen.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

I travel around Europe frequently on business, and, like some of the previous reviewers, have never experienced a level of rudeness and unhelpfulness anywhere else as I experienced at this hotel.
We arrived in Copenhagen after travelling for nearly 20 hours by plane, at around 10 in the morning. Some of our group were checked in and allocated rooms, but when I tried to check in, was informed that there were no rooms available and that check in time was at 3. Fair enough, I waited in the lobby for a little while, and then went back to the check in staff.
I was informed by the manager that they had a room available, but with 2 beds. I had stated my preference as 1 double bed. I informed the manager that I was going into the town, as i didn't want to waste time at the hotel (there is literally nothing around the hotel, just a convention center) and that I would return later after 3 to check in to my room, whereupon he said this was absolutely fine and that my room would be ready on my return.
When I returned at about 5, the lady at check in informed me that all the double rooms were already given away. I tried to explain to her that the manager had arranged for my room earlier on, but she would not listen to anything, she just kept repeating that check in was at 3, and that I had arrived at 5! She then got all defensive, and told me to "calm down", even though I was not flustered, I was just trying to explain my situation to her.
After a little while, she did give me a double room (which just proved that she had the rooms available).
Upon settling into my room, 5 minutes later, I received a call from (a different) manager, rudely informing me that I had threatened his staff, and that if I continued to harass his staff, I would not be welcome in his hotel.
I was too surprised to even respond! I must say, I have never been treated so shabbily in any establishment anywhere in my travels. If I wasn't there on a business trip, sponsored by a company, I would have left immediately.
Having said that, the bed was really comfortable, but the cleaning service was really sloppy. The room and bathroom was not cleaned properly every day..
The breakfast area is like a bus station, very impersonal and not a very good selection.
On the day that I was leaving the hotel, I saw some airline staff checking in at about 11am. I heard a staff informing them that their rooms were not ready, and offering them drinks in the coffee shop. At no time during my stay, was I ever afforded this courteous service...
Also, I went down to the spa to enquire about their massages, the attendant was sitting chatting with someone when I arrived.
I waited for 10 minutes at the counter, she blithely ignored me the entire time, and then I just gave up and walked out.
I think that this hotel needs a serious rethink about their staff attitude, the likes of which I have never encountered at any time in my travels.
As from a tourist aspect, don't go here, you will not be made welcome, and the hotel is too far away from any restaurant or attraction.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
10  Thank Frequentraveller004
BellaSkyComwell, Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Bella Sky Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

We are very sad to read about the experience you’ve had whilst visiting our hotel, and we plead you to contact our assistant general manager Lotte B. Unnerholm (email: lotte.borgbjerg.unnerholm@bellasky.dk) to clear up the misunderstandings. Your experience is far from the usual standard of this hotel.