AC Hotel by Marriott Bella Sky Copenhagen
  • Pool
Ibsens Hotel(Copenhagen)
US$182
  • Restaurant
Wakeup Copenhagen, Borgergade(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
US$198
  • Breakfast included
US$196
Agoda.com
4,009 results
All reviewssky barbalcony restaurantcity centremetro stationconference centerclose to the airportfloor to ceiling windowsmodern architecturetop floorattending a conferencecorner roomshuttle busbusiness hotelmini barpublic transportrooms are smallyogurt
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The hotel staff were very helpful and we were upgraded on arrival since we travel with one child and one infant.
The room was neat and had a great view from the 15th floor.
The sky lounge was an attraction on 23rd Floor.
The breakfast was a bit repeated with no varieties but that was compensated with a great food delivered to your room from a very good joint nearby the hotel.

This may look near to airport and far from Centre of the city but it took merely 8 minutes to reach in Metro.Well connected by Bus also.
2 buses are just right outside the hotel,
Route 4A that takes you to Copenhagen Zoo and Route 256A that drops you right in the heart of Centre.
Time taken by bus is around 20 to 25 minutes but its a good way of having a easy drive to centre.

Overall, a great place to stay and will be back if in Copenhagen

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room while booking the hotel as you get a very panoramic view of the city
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my 17 year old son for a 4 day break during the Easter holidays. It was really handy for getting in and out of Copenhagen, the metro station is so convenient.

The hotel provide a free transfer to and from the airport which was great… I booked through BA though and they hadn't mentioned this; I only spotted it on the hotels own website.

The food at the hotel was very good, we ate there on 2 of our nights and the breakfast was also good - and even though it pretty full there was always plenty of food in the buffet. The bar was also a great place to sit in the evening and with good wifi through the hotel as well as power sockets everywhere my son, especially, was happy!

The downsides of the hotel - the rooms were SO hot, even without the heating on and there didn't appear to be any way to open the windows or air conditioning. Another minor downside for us was the glass shower / toilet room…. although the frosted glass did conceal the majority of the person in there, this arrangement was not ideal for my son and I!!

One final thing for us Brits….. the tea was virtually non existent, unless you want herb teas, fruit teas, green teas etc. There was Earl Grey (which I don't like!) but nothing like a normal English Breakfast tea… we ended up buying some teabags at a local shop so we could make our own! I know this is Denmark so I shouldn't moan about this… but considering they had an awful lot of different choices and it's an international hotel this did seem a bit of a shame - but that's only a minor thing and probably only bothers a very few of us!!

Anyway, if I'm ever back in Copenhagen I'd happily stay there again :-)

Room Tip: Great views from the highest floors….
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paula P
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed here for the Intel Solutions Summit (#ISS2014) and had a great stay!

The staff were friendly, right from check in, throughout our stay and on check out. Friends of ours from Germany came to join us in Copenhagen after the conference for some sightseeing and the check in lady gave them a room on the same floor as ours to help with our combined stay which was nice of them.

The hotel offers a free shuttle bus too and from the airport, which is super handy when arriving in Copenhagen with no idea on how to get around. There is also free wifi inside the bus, so you can let loved ones know you arrived safely if you dont have international roaming enabled on your mobile.

The conference center (should you be staying for a conference/convention) was right next door, no needing to travel outside if you dont wish to. And it has a lovely Koi pond in the general area which was lovely to watch between sessions.

We stayed in room 1820 in Tower 1, and were really happy with it (friends stayed in 1814 and the one cupboard door didn't close properly). Our window was also one large window vs two small ones which was nice, however, the two windows in room 1814 made the room look larger.

The room, whilst not huge, is suitable for 2 people to stay in. The bed is super comfortable! Some people might be put off by the frosted glass windows into the bathroom, but once you're used to it it's not too bad. I can see how families / new couples might feel awkward about it though.

The view from the 18th floor was gorgeous, and on most days during our stay we were able to see all the spires etc in the city. In fact, I didnt close the blinds once, even to sleep (the sun helped wake us up early to get a head start on breakfast and sightseeing).

The free wifi was handy, and all throughout the hotel. We found it super fast, even after moving from the Intel-provided wireless (for the ISS) to the hotel wireless.

There is a custom-code safe in the room, which is nice.

There is one tall cupboard for hanging shirts and placing shoes (also has ironing board and iron inside), an outside rack for hanging jackets (hangers supplied), and two drawers (one large, one slightly smaller with a hairdryer inside as well). No handles on anything, so you might miss the drawers (someone else's review complained of no drawers).

Breakfast is served from 6h00 to 10h30, and whilst we stayed, we never once felt that there was not enough selection/variety. Food was replenished quickly, and each day a few things differed (ie grapefruit available one morning, kiwi the next, individual Nutella tubs, etc).

Yes it's "cafereria" style, but only insomuch as the tables are all lined up in rows, quite close together. There are also a few picnic style tables, for larger groups or communial tables (this is common in Europe to eat with other groups according to friends who have been to Turkey).

Never once did I feel crowded, although we came back once at 9am to fill up a water bottle at the drink station and it was busier, so perhaps getting there earlier is the key.

The drinks are dispensed via buttons on an iPad, which is rather quirky and fun!

Food options are scrambled or hard boiled eggs (no other options like fried, poached, etc that we could find), bacon, cocktail sausages, fried and fresh tomato, baby potatoes, croissants, breads, cheeses, fruits, cereals, yoghurts, Nutella spread, and salad items. Normal filter coffee, tea, water and fruit juices are on offer for drinks.

Travelling to and from the hotel is super simple, and if you're in Copenhagen as a tourist, invest in the cOPENhagen card for the duration of your stay. It covers all public transport and entry into 75 different attractions in and around Copenhagen, so is well worth it!

The metro is 5 min away from the hotel, and there is the 4A bus thats 3 min away (but the bus comes every 10 min whereas the metro every 4min) and both run til late and are very pleasant/safe to use. We used the bus coming back when our feet were sore haha.

For those complaining its too far out of the city, dont be lazy! Take the walk to the metro. You'll do a TON of walking anyway whilst in the city, so what's an extra 300m? Once on the metro, the city is a mere 10min away, if that!

The cons, as on every trip there always are some, however mine are small and insignificant, but I thought I'd mention them anyway:

There is no fresh milk (or long-life milk packets) in the coffee section in the hotel room. They provide creamer though or you can go the the bar in the lobby and request some milk for upstairs, but if they're very busy you may need to wait a little (we collected two small jugs (1 per person, the milk seemed watery) when we arrived back at the hotel in the evening and kept it in the fridge until we needed it, saved us going back downstairs later).

The kettle lead is too short to reach from the table to the plug, so you end up having to use it on the floor.

The showerhead is unavoidable, and if you're a lady with long hair and you dont wash it every day, you end up showering at an awkward angle to keep your hair dry or showering with the handheld thing. Not exactly a con for everyone, but was a slight annoyance for me.

The room service made the bed every morning, but that's all they appeared to do? (they did replace the towels we left on the floor for replacing as per the note on the bedside table). The kettle remained on the floor where we left it each day? (I dont leave a mess for others to clean up, but it is nice to come back to a tidier place once room serice has come and gone).

When you walk into your room, you slot your card into a power slot on the cupboard above the minibar, but when the card is in, and you open the cupboard above (where the kettle etc. is kept), it grates against the card and we were concerned it was damaging the card (as well as being annoying every time). Not much they can do about it now, since they're all installed but I thought I'd mention it.

Overall, the experience at the Bella Sky Comwell was really great. They're a Green conscious hotel, with water saving tips everywhere, a living wall as decor, and lights in the public bathrooms that turn off when no one is inside the bathroom and that all makes a difference to the environment in this day and age.

Another review mentioned, once you accept and get over that ALL of Copenhagen is expensive, you'll enjoy yourself all the more. We ate out all the nights we stayed, so we didnt try the Sky Bar, restaurants, gym nor the spa, so I can't rate these.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1820 in Tower 1 and loved the view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rat_Tails
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I was so glad I choose this hotel for a short 4 night break for the following reasons:-
Easy access from the airport by metro
Complimentary hotel shuttle service can be used
Metro only a 5 minute walk from hotel
Easy access to the city by metro or bus
Fields shopping centre about a 15 min walk away from hotel
Golf course just across from hotel with a lovely public path to walk or ride a bike

Hotel modern and very clean throughout
Rooms quiet, clean with tea/coffee facilities
Beds very comfortable
Bathroom large, modern and clean,plenty of hot water
Lifts frequent and quick to floors
Corridors quiet

Good breakfast choice from full English to continental which was well run with plates and tables cleared quickly and food replenished regularly
Food in main restaurant was excellent, all cooked fresh and presented well.
Good light bites in the lounge bar downstairs
Sky bar on floor 23 is worth a visit for the views

All staff in all the areas I encountered were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable in their areas

Check out was quick and bags stored for later collection.

In conclusion, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would have no hesitation in returning or recommending to others.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BeefyWalesUK
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice this year. Both times I have had a great stay. The location is suitable for me since my meetings in Copenhagen takes place in Ørestad. The hotel has a seldom good hotel restaurant, where it is equally appropriate to eat alone as accompanied by others. I have experienced the service at the hotel as pleasant and good. Even when fully booked hotel has breakfast proceeded in an orderly manner.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business