“I didnt believe the reviews but they were true......unfortunately”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Osterport

Hotel Osterport
Ranked #62 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
birmingham
“I didnt believe the reviews but they were true......unfortunately”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Having already book hotel osterport before seeing all the negative reviews I was very anxious. I thought positive and decided to see for myself. On entering the hotel wecwere also greeted with the same stench of sewerage that I had seen other customers reviews on. The smell is very apparent at the front of the hotel which is unfortunately where breakfast is served......offputting. by the time we entered our room the smell seemed to have weakened however ournroom smelt musky and of cigarettes??? The room was plain, old n drab. We couldnt sleep as there was literally a train outside our window at all houes of the day and night. Was awful and the noise is still apparent with the ear plugs provided by the hotel. Even if it wasnt the vibration if the trains are. We srayed at the hotel three nights and four days. Other smaller, more manageable complaints included tgat the shower door often fell off runners, the shower was not powerful, hairs in bathroom not belonging to us. Fawlty towers.....do not stay here.

The last night we requested a wake up call at 05:30 and wanted a taxi booked for 06:00, the receptionist that night documented our wake up call but advised we had to pre book taxi in the morning. This was not a problem, the hotel would actually get us a much cheaper fare this way.The receptionist on the next shift forgot our wake up call, i arrived at receotion at 05:48 and seriously believe I woke her up when I was waiting to book our taxi. Before serving me the receptionist rang a room, not knowing itvwas my room to honour our wake up call 20mins later than we needed her too. Wanting a stress free day I made no fuss and just requested tgat she booked a taxi asap to take us to the airport. Shortly after 'dantaxi' firm arrived. The taximan left us to bundle our bags in the back if the cab why he spoke to the receptionist. They appeared to be having a disagreement. The taxi driver claimed the cab was booked toonlate thanx to the unreliable receptionist and she claimed the taxi bookingnsystem was down which prevented her booking it properly. Uninterested in whis fault it was I waited patiently in taxi. Ignored by both tge taxi drivervand receptiinist whi were still arguing. The taxi driver was refusibg to guve us cheaper fare as usually agreed if tge hotel book the taxi. I asked for the manager of taxi firm and of the hotel hut funnily enough no details were provided by either party. I got back in taxi. Another 'dantaxi' driver from across the road saw the fuss and came to intervene. Hecwas extremely rude and hindered the situation by pointing out we need to pay higger fare as receptionist hadnt followed usual procedure, I explained this was not our fault and somethung taxi and hotel firm should sort at a later date and not in front of customers. The fare was already 85 and I hadnt actually moved. The two taximan concluded I had to pay thus or get out. I tlld them it was almist 7am and id miss my flight, the second taximan rudely said "miss your flight then." Extremely professional and couteous service.......I think not. Another taxi firm then picked us up, charging us 260, hevwas well mannered and helpful and inly 30 more than tge apparent reduced rate we should have got anyway.

id like to say the other three receptionists at the hotel were exteemrly helpful, couteous and professional, particularly kristian.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sasBirmingham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reykjavik, Iceland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed there for two nights. The rooms are next too the train station and it was almost not possible to sleep. My colleague is a tall guy and he could not fit in the beds. We were able to switch rooms and that made it little bit better. The service was great and the breakfast was fantastic. However one of the worst location I have been on in a hotel. Can not recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed here for one night with work. Although on first impressions the hotel seems nice and modern, the rooms are a little bit tired and extremely noisy. The train tracks are right outside the windows making it very noisy from 6am onwards but the noise dies down after 12am. The hotel does provide earplugs but I can't sleep with them, and although I thought I was a heavy sleeper, I was awoken several times by trains passing outside of my window. On the plus side, the hotel is opposite Osterport station so is very easy to find. The staff are also very friendly and helpful.
Overall the hotel is ok but if you are a light sleeper, I would advise looking else where!

Room Tip: Request a room as far away from the train tracks as possible!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Aabenraa, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Everything was as it was described in the brochure the staff took care of all my demands quick and there was no problems at check in check out the hotel was excellent as location near turistic location staf offered directons and sugestions overall was a nice trip

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

To start with the positive side; the entrance of the hotel as well as the lobby and breakfast area are modern end seemed to be recently renovated. Location is good; just opposite the train station Østerport.

When we entered the hotel we were welcomed by a sewer smell which was present all the time during our stay. Only during breakfast the smell of bacon overruled this terrible smell. When we went to our first room, we were disappointed to notice a strong cigarette smell in the room. We went back and asked for another room, possibly on the other side of the building as the room we had was literally 5 meters away from a huge railway junction. We were told we had to pay an upgrade fee to have exactly the same (old and dingy) room on the other side of the hallway as they were 'silent rooms'. It's a shame a hotel wants to make money over the back of their guests this way. When booking there was no choice, and also their website does not specify a room type 'silent room' nor the fact that this hotel has rooms facing railway tracks.
The rooms are old and in desperate need of renovation. There was no safe in the room.
Fortunately the beds were good and comfortable.
We were aware of the fact that this is a budget hotel, but for the price of 90 euros a night I would have expected better.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank FlorisDW
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I absolutely loved his hotel, and could not believe the bargain I got for my money. After seeing some of the reviews on here I was a little nervous, but I was so pleased with my stay. As a younger traveler, I'm not used to staying in luxurious hotels, so maybe that has something to do with it, but this hotel was more than what I needed for my trip. Our room was really clean, and although not huge, was quite nice. There was a full breakfast every morning with a pretty wide range of food. Great wifi connection and a nice TV in the room. It is literally right beside the train station and made travelling around to see the sites extremely easy.
The only downside is that you do hear the trains going by, but they do provide earplugs, and to be honest, after the first night I didn't even notice them. My apartment is on a busy street at home and is certainly just as noisy.
If you're not looking to spend a ton of time in the room, and just want somewhere comfortable and friendly for a great price I would definitely recommend this hotel, and hope that the majority of mediocre reviews doesn't put you off! It's a great little base for exploring this wonderful city!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple