“I hope it gets better!”
Review of Hotel Osterport

Hotel Osterport
Ranked #74 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Ok, so .... good location ... easy to take the train from the airport, hotel is right next to the train station. If you stay here definitely do one or more of a) pay extra for a quiet room on the side of the hotel away from the train tracks b) drink too much acquavit so that you don't care about the train noise c) use the earplugs

I suspect this place was converted from an office block in the 1970's. Certainly the bathrooms are from that era. This is not a boutique hotel despite what the funky foyer might like to be doing to convince you otherwise.

Don't bother asking the staff for restaurant recommendations, the one I spoke to was trying very hard to be helpful but also said 'the trouble is as a local i don't eat out' which didn't inspire confidence.

On the plus side it is a ten minute walk from the centre of town and the route is scenic.

This plays tries hard but it's a bit like asking someone who is colour blind to advise on paint choices ... they are starting at a major disadvantage so with the best will in the world it is likely to go awry.

Room Tip: get a quiet room or don't stay here
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 April 2014

After reading all the negative critique we expected the absolute worst, but to our surprise the hotel was really nice.
Friendly staff, nice rooms, great breakfast, didn't hear the trains and there were no strange smell!
For the price 389sek per person in a double room with breakfast this is a great choice!
Its NOT luxury but its great value!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Per Å
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was surprised in a good way with this hotel! it was located literally next to the Osterport train station and within a walk from the Kastellet and Little Mermaid nd beautiful parks and the Botanical Garden. The hotel staff was kind and the service was good, our room was lovely and had a bathtub. We had been afraid that the train noises would be too loud but they weren't - we could barely hear them! I would absolutely recommed this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karlalla
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Having already book hotel osterport before seeing all the negative reviews I was very anxious. I thought positive and decided to see for myself. On entering the hotel wecwere also greeted with the same stench of sewerage that I had seen other customers reviews on. The smell is very apparent at the front of the hotel which is unfortunately where breakfast is served......offputting. by the time we entered our room the smell seemed to have weakened however ournroom smelt musky and of cigarettes??? The room was plain, old n drab. We couldnt sleep as there was literally a train outside our window at all houes of the day and night. Was awful and the noise is still apparent with the ear plugs provided by the hotel. Even if it wasnt the vibration if the trains are. We srayed at the hotel three nights and four days. Other smaller, more manageable complaints included tgat the shower door often fell off runners, the shower was not powerful, hairs in bathroom not belonging to us. Fawlty towers.....do not stay here.

The last night we requested a wake up call at 05:30 and wanted a taxi booked for 06:00, the receptionist that night documented our wake up call but advised we had to pre book taxi in the morning. This was not a problem, the hotel would actually get us a much cheaper fare this way.The receptionist on the next shift forgot our wake up call, i arrived at receotion at 05:48 and seriously believe I woke her up when I was waiting to book our taxi. Before serving me the receptionist rang a room, not knowing itvwas my room to honour our wake up call 20mins later than we needed her too. Wanting a stress free day I made no fuss and just requested tgat she booked a taxi asap to take us to the airport. Shortly after 'dantaxi' firm arrived. The taximan left us to bundle our bags in the back if the cab why he spoke to the receptionist. They appeared to be having a disagreement. The taxi driver claimed the cab was booked toonlate thanx to the unreliable receptionist and she claimed the taxi bookingnsystem was down which prevented her booking it properly. Uninterested in whis fault it was I waited patiently in taxi. Ignored by both tge taxi drivervand receptiinist whi were still arguing. The taxi driver was refusibg to guve us cheaper fare as usually agreed if tge hotel book the taxi. I asked for the manager of taxi firm and of the hotel hut funnily enough no details were provided by either party. I got back in taxi. Another 'dantaxi' driver from across the road saw the fuss and came to intervene. Hecwas extremely rude and hindered the situation by pointing out we need to pay higger fare as receptionist hadnt followed usual procedure, I explained this was not our fault and somethung taxi and hotel firm should sort at a later date and not in front of customers. The fare was already 85 and I hadnt actually moved. The two taximan concluded I had to pay thus or get out. I tlld them it was almist 7am and id miss my flight, the second taximan rudely said "miss your flight then." Extremely professional and couteous service.......I think not. Another taxi firm then picked us up, charging us 260, hevwas well mannered and helpful and inly 30 more than tge apparent reduced rate we should have got anyway.

id like to say the other three receptionists at the hotel were exteemrly helpful, couteous and professional, particularly kristian.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sasBirmingham
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed there for two nights. The rooms are next too the train station and it was almost not possible to sleep. My colleague is a tall guy and he could not fit in the beds. We were able to switch rooms and that made it little bit better. The service was great and the breakfast was fantastic. However one of the worst location I have been on in a hotel. Can not recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed here for one night with work. Although on first impressions the hotel seems nice and modern, the rooms are a little bit tired and extremely noisy. The train tracks are right outside the windows making it very noisy from 6am onwards but the noise dies down after 12am. The hotel does provide earplugs but I can't sleep with them, and although I thought I was a heavy sleeper, I was awoken several times by trains passing outside of my window. On the plus side, the hotel is opposite Osterport station so is very easy to find. The staff are also very friendly and helpful.
Overall the hotel is ok but if you are a light sleeper, I would advise looking else where!

Room Tip: Request a room as far away from the train tracks as possible!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business