Surprised to see so many negative reviews.
Yes, the hotel is a bit old, and the facade is somewhat industrial. But inside it's a fine hotel, the service is good, and the staff extremely friendly. The Concierge desk (I interacted with 3 concierge's over our 5 day stay) was very helpful, going out of the way to give suggestions, direction, bike-hire etc. The room (ask for a corner room) was reasonably large, and bright, with large windows.
But the biggest advantage is the location - right in the centre of town. Coming in on the train from the airport, Central Station is a few steps away. Many of the key sights (Nyhavn, Stroget, National Museum, Tivoli ....) are also a walk away. Even the furthest places are a comfortable bike ride away (ask the concierge to arrange a bike for you) - don't miss the Carlsberg brewery tour. Cafes & restauarants ....plenty within walking distance - try Kodyens Fiskebar in the Meatpacking District or Cofoco in Vesterbro). Breakfast - number of excellent bakeries round the corner. And if you are travelling out of Copenhagen and need to rent a car (we took a day trip to Sweden, highly recommended), Hertz/Avis?budget/Thrifty all have counters verey closeby.
Don't know when I will visit Copenhagen again, but if I ever do so, certainly this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning architectural hotel welcomes Copenhagen guests to Denmark Expertly designed and perfectly situated, the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen is the premier accommodation choice near Tivoli Gardens in Denmark's capital city. Designed by Danish architect Arne Jacobsen, the hotel is a beacon of style with its spiral staircase and reflective facade. Choose from 260 rooms and suites with amenities including Free high-speed, wireless Internet. Hotel guests enjoy on-site features such as award-winning restaurants, an exceptional fitness centre and flexible conference facilities. • Unique design elements including the famous "Swan" and "Egg" chairs • The city's central train station, Tivoli Gardens and popular shopping street Stroget within walking distance of this Copenhagen hotel's location • A total of 260 striking guest rooms and suites offering bathrobes and 24-hour room service • Drinks, coffees and meals in a relaxed setting at restaurant Cafe Royal and the Royal Bar • Personal trainers, dry and steam saunas and massage services available at the 2,000-square-metre fitness centre • Meeting facilities with the option of auditoriums seating 300 and smaller rooms for intimate gatherings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Rezidor, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Copenhagen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen Hotel Copenhagen
- Radisson Copenhagen
- Radisson Sas Royal Copenhagen
- Radisson Sas Copenhagen
- Copenhagen Radisson