1) Staff are unfailingly friendly and helpful.
2) Minutes from downtown.
3) Seconds from the train station.
4) Very cheap.
5) The hotel dates from the mid 1930s and was designed to look like a locomotive. Stairwells, hallways and the curved revolving door are swank. Public areas are well kept up.
6) Free glass of wine at 5pm is a welcome refreshment after a day of walking about.
1) While the hotel guests were quiet, the neighborhood is noisy, amplified by the fact that we visited during the Distortion music festival (June 4-8). It did not bother us, but if you are looking for a quiet, out-of-the-way place, best keep looking.
2) Breakfast could be improved, especially as the Radisson Blu is about a couple minute's walk way, and they have a much better offering for just a bit more.
3) To lock the door to your room you have to use your key. This is also the case when you are in your room - you lock it with your key from the inside, and leave the key in the door. Otherwise the door is unlocked - the opposite from what one usually expects. Just get in the habit of checking the door, and it is alright.
Con: A spartan room is acceptable, especially at the low price, but mildew on the ceiling and stained carpets are not. I don't mean that the cleaning staff are at fault; it is a matter of putting in new carpets and painting the place. This would go a long way to improving the Astoria experience, and it would not cost much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Astoria is located as a large train in extension to Copenhagen's Central Station. It is positioned very central in a living area with a short distance to the metropolitan areas in the Meetpacker Destrict and Copenhagen Center. There are approximately 100 meters to Tivoli and the City Hall Square is right around the corner. The airport is only a 12 minutes ride away. The hotel is a 3-star hotel built in 1934 in the functionalist style typical for the architectural era and is therefore popular among people interested in architecture. We have kept many of the original parts inside the hotel. FACTS: 93 rooms Organic Breakfast Lobby bar Wine Hour between 5 and 6 PM Free High-Speed WiFi Business facilities Bike rentals A unique location by the Central Station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Astoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astoria Hotel Copenhagen