“Great location for couples”
Review of Ibsens Hotel

Ibsens Hotel
Ranked #17 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely area with restaurants and bars just 10 minute walk into very centre of city.
Quite stylish decor, however no chair in our room (walking past several other similar size rooms with open doors could see they had one and in some cases two!) with a few other things which are due to lack of attention to detail I won't go in to.
Overall I would recommend this hotel to either business users or couples wanting a slighter quieter area yet tourist attractions within easy reach. Really easy to get from the airport too! (Catch the metro to Norreport station costs about £4 yet hotel less than 5 mins walk from station)

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Loubird123
Stine J, Guest Relations Manager at Ibsens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review! I am very happy you will like to recommend our hotel to your friends :-) If you would like to elaborate on the details you noticed, you are more than welcome to contact me directly at stj@arthurhotels.dk. I will love to hear from you. Hope to see you back!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Firstly the location was fab, just a few minutes walk from the metro station in the centre, great location also for walking the city and site seeing on foot. Hotel staff are wonderful, friendly and the reception bar/lounge area is very nice. The room was a little disappointing, the bed was far too soft for me, and I slept badly the whole time we were there, very few electric sockets worked, so using the hairdryer or charging phones was limited although there were lots of sockets around. In our room there was a dropped down area with a desk and chairs, it didn't feel comfortable to sit around there and I personally would have preferred a wardrobe in that space rather than the hooks on the wall which didn't really work for me. It wasn't a comfortable room to hang around in which is just aswell as we spent our days walking around the city. Although breakfast was pleasant I missed normal tea, only coffee and herbal teas on offer. My partner missed cooked food a little as the options were cold sandwiches, yoghurts, smoothies, croissants. He does like something warm to start the day when we stay in hotels but what was on offer was healthy and pleasant enough. Cozy Hour is not to be missed, A free glass of wine in the lounge/bar area where you can mingle with other guests is a lovely idea. Plenty of food options nearby too.

1  Thank ycart77

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review! Thank you for mentioning the problem with the sockets. We run a monthly check on all rooms, but can I ask you to please contact me directly at stj@arthurhotels.dk stating your room number? Then I will make sure this is fixed immediately, because of course the sockets have to work properly. I would hate it if I myself could not at least recharge my mobile :-)

I am glad you liked the hotel despite not being impressed by the room. It is true that the rooms are very minimalistic in design. This is to create the essense of the area we live in; minimalistic but stylistic. If you did not recognise the pieces of applied art in the room, the hangers are Muuto, the bed cover, pillows and desks are Hay etc. The beds are medium hardness Jensen beds. And I am happy to let you know we just changes our breakfast concept in to a more traditional breakfast with for instance bread and cold meat :-) I hope you will be back to try it and review it :-)

Reviewed 19 March 2014

A nicely furnished, extremely well located hotel. The only negative was that the room was not very well insulated against noise from the corridor and the street. The street isn't actually very trafficked, but even a child running on the pavement below (and we were on the 4th floor) resonates loudly in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street for quieter rooms
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dursten
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The hotel is in very good location near Norreport metro station.
I stayed in a medium room which had good beds, working table but very small bathroom.
You would hit the wall if you move faster inside there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stine J, Guest Relations Manager at Ibsens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review! I am so glad to hear you slept well :-) All of our rooms have high quality Jensen beds as it is very important to us that our guests get a good night's sleep. As for the room size, our Medium rooms are our large single rooms/small double rooms approx. 12-15 sqm big and with beds that are 140 cm wide. We like to think of these rooms as budget rooms for the lovebirds on city break who like to lay close :-) As we describe on our website, we have room categories larger than this; up to Junior Suites which are about 30 sqm with double beds (180 cm wide), so next time please feel free to try a larger room category :-)

I hope to welcome you back to Ibsens Hotel!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed here for two nights in the middle of February 2014. The hotel is in a great location, a short walk from Norreport station which itself is 15mins from the airport on the Metro. The hotel appears to be in a large old building but decor and fittings are very modern Scandinavian. We stayed with two young children (4 and 2) and had booked a large room. Check in was painless and efficient and our room was ready even though we turned up well before the official checking in time.

The room we were given first however was very tired. There were markings on the wall and it felt a little dilipadated despite the modern furnishings. Not at all like the lovely rooms in the rafters we had seen in the pictures! However after my wife went down to reception to tell them they immediately gave us the choice of two rooms on the top floor. We chose the second room which was lovely with a slightly quirky layout but enough room to accommodate two fold up beds for the children.

All in all we had a great experience and the hotel proved to be very good value in what is supposed to be one of the most expensive cities. Oh, and don't forget the daily 'cozy' hour between 5 and 6pm when you get a free glass of wine and get to chill out in the large reception / dining area and, if you like, mingle with other residents and perhaps locals!

We'll definitely be heading back here if we're back in Copenhagen.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review! So good to hear you had a great stay. I am quite surprised you were able to stay four people in a large room, though - we normally recommend at least an X-Large room for families. However, nevertheless I am very happy you had a good time :-)

Yes, the rooms with the wooden rafters are on the topmost floor (my favorite rooms, so charming), so cool you like them too. I am glad you got to stay in one of these - and yes, if you have any special room requests, please just ask. Then we will always do our best to meet your wishes.

I look forward to seeing you back at Ibsens Hotel!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

A nice hotel pretty much in the centre of copenhagen (we walked everywhere except to the carlsberg museum) clean tidy rooms, friendly staff. There are plenty of restaurants close by and 2 small supermarkets (a bit like coop), it is also really close to a main train and metro station, with trains that go to the airport. The only downside was that we asked for a double room which consisted of 2 single beds pushed together with 2 single duvets. Other than that it was warm and clean - all you need for a base to explore from!

1  Thank gemma_mn85
Stine J, Guest Relations Manager at Ibsens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you had a good stay here at Ibsens Hotel. Our room categories vary from Tiny (small single rooms and yes, they are tiny - the bed is 100 cm wide) to Junior Suites, which are about 30 sqm big with King Size beds (180 cm wide). All have single duvets; this is very common in Denmark. I guess we ourselves like to sleep with our own duvet and not share it :-)

Next time, please let us know when reserving your room or at check-in that you prefer one big double bed and not two singles; then we will make sure you get that!

Look forward to welcoming you back to Ibsens!

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed three nights here in February and used this is a base for exploring Copenhagen.

The hotel is very close to the Norreport train station (so it's very easy to get to/from the airport) and is in a good location near a number of bars/restaurants and not too far from all the sights (Tivoli Gardens etc.)

Free wifi in the room, basic soap dispenser instead of complimentary hair/shampoo products. Communal irons available on all the floors.

All in all, a good base for exploring Copenhagen and, in a city that is very expensive, it wasn't too costly - we paid £80 a night.

2  Thank adamtalbot