“Poor service, very noisy and old!”
Review of Ibsens Hotel

Ibsens Hotel
Ranked #15 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This hotel calls themselves a design hotel. In fact, it's an old and dated hotel. Adding some Hay furniture to a room and painting the old wall paper doesn't tranform it into a design hotel. Tv-/writing table was dirty.
But even more disappointing was the fact that they didn't manage our request for a quiet room in a good way. Or does quiet mean facing a busy Street with a noisy pub until far after midnight, room connected with a door to another room, etc?
The only thing they could offer us (but that's what all the arriving guests was offered) was an (extra cost) upgrade to their neighbourhood hotel. But that's not what I define as service and doing the upmost to make yournguests feel comfortable. That's upsell!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ni S
Stine J, Guest Relations Manager at Ibsens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. In relation to the term "design hotel", it seems you might have had some different expectations about Ibsens Hotel. We are not a design hotel (I think the term demands specific standards); we are hoteliers who love art. This is why we asked the local, neighboring artists to help us decorate the hotel when we renovated it in 2011.

We are a Copenhagen hotel, a mirror of the residential Nansensgade area if you like - because we love our neighborhood; a little vent in the center of Copenhagen. However, when being in the city center, noise is difficult to avoid. We always do what we can to meet our guests' requests.

When contacting us directly in advance with your requests, you can always be sure that we have received your requests and will do our absolute best to meet them, However, if booking via a third party agent, we cannot guarantee that your request is communicated to us. Unfortunately! This is a shame for us too.

However, I hope you will take your time to read some of the good stories about Ibsens Hotel and our many art pieces. Those a good stories - informal ones not trying to live up to predefined design standards. That's how we like it.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Ibsens - the rooms weren't the biggest or the most luxurious, but the hotel had a good feel and lots of nice touches. It also felt very in keeping with the city of Copenhagen, which I really liked (as opposed to staying a generic chain hotel which could be anywhere). The staff were all really helpful and polite, and bar area was a great place to relax - there are also two restaurants which are directly accesible from the hotel. The location was good, very near Norreport station (which was easy to get to from the airport) and a short walk to all of central Copenhagen.

1  Thank tcz_8127

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and kind words! I am very happy you enjoyed your stay at our little urban, Copenhagen hotel in the residential Nansensgade area :-) No, the rooms are not big; they are typical Copenhagen hotel rooms decorated in a minimalistic, Scandinavian style. Nothing luxurious about that, it's not meant to be - and I am very happy you liked it!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ibsens Hotel :-)

Stine Jørgensen / ibsens Hotel

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The purpose of our stay in Copenhagen was to spend quality time with our sons, both residents of Copenhagen. From the minute we arrived at the hotel we felt welcome and were overwhelmed by the friendliness of the staff. The hotel provided us with the requirements we had: comfortable surroundings and good beds,a really good breakfast and a central base for our time there.

Room Tip: As the hotel has a lift, we were satisfied with our room on the third floor.
1  Thank Sandra W
Stine J, Guest Relations Manager at Ibsens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and kind words! I am very happy Ibsens Hotel was just what you needed to frame your family visit :-) We look forward to welcoming you back home, next time you are in Copenhagen :-)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We enjoyed our 3 day stay in the hotel. The medium room with the office area and wet room was attractive and clean. Our room looked over the courtyard as I had asked for a quiet room after reading some reviews. There was some noise from the outside extractor fans which could have been more of an issue in the warmer months. Excellent location, near the metro station and lakes. Thought the room was very good value in an expensive city but the breakfasts although tasty, a bit overpriced (the alternatives nearby in the food market are worth looking at !). 'Cozy hour' with a complimentary glass of wine in the very stylish lounge area was welcome! We would not hesitate to go back but next time I would request a firm mattress - I'm sure they would be accommodating to this! Beautiful, welcoming city which I believe by Scandi standards is not too expensive - there are certainly places you can eat for good value.

Dear guset,

Thank you for your review! I am very happy you had a good stay at Ibsens Hotel :-)

Just a small info: All of our beds are Jensen beds in medium hardness, so if you found your bed too soft, unfortunately there is not much we can do about it :-( We can always handle extra pillows, blankets etc., but this probably will not help you much. I do hope to see you back at Ibsens Hotel, though :-)

Best,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

A very nice hotel nearby the metro and only 20 minutes from the airport. they also have bikes to rent what is very good to explore Copenhagen.
The breakfast was good, a lot of healty food but was not included.
Agood Italian restaurand is nextdoor for a pizza and more.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Very pleasant stay in well situated hotel. welcoming and interesting cosy hour when you can meet fellow guests, good continental breakfast, but nothing more - beware if you want a good English breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed here for about 5 nights and I thought it was great. The room I had was probably the smallest room I have ever stayed in but I didn't really mind, it was clean and very comfortable. The location was perfect, I walked everywhere from here and the surrounding streets have great places to eat and drink. If I came back to Copenhagen (which I will) I would stay here again.

I would suggest that if you don't have breakfast at the hotel that you go to the markets that are just 5 minutes down the road. I went there every morning for a coffee, pastry and more all for a decent price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Nath4321

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review! I can't wait to see you back at Ibsens Hotel :-)

Best regards,