“Excellent on all counts”
Review of Brasserie Degas

Brasserie Degas
Reserve with
Brasserie Degas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 2,696 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Price range: US$35 - US$1,000
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Frederiksberg
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Had a superb dinner with friends on a quiet Sunday night so no reservation required. Very attentive waiter who looked after us really well. Had the duck which was delicious and huge portion. Monkfish was highly praised as was the sirloin steak. The creme brûlée was delicious as was the apple pie and the "mini taster" dessert had three substantial offerings as well as sauces and a creme brûlée so more than enough to share. We drank wine by the glass - good well priced selection. Prices very reasonable for the quality of food on offer. Highly recommended.

1  Thank GTGTGTGT

Reviewed 29 April 2014

It's now more than I week since I ate at Brasserie Degas but the experience is still very clear to me. The food was amazing and the service was in top. I started out with mussels which were unlike any I've had before. As the main course I chose the duck breast which was served with potatoes fried into a sort of 'pillow' and a kind of tomato pure. Perfect. I had the Degas Mini for dessert which is made out of a creme brulee and three cakes of passion fruit, abricot and chocolat. Very delicous, but it got a bit big for me, so I left very full. The price was very reasonable when you consider the quality of the food. The staff was very polite and they had knowlegde of what they were serving, and made very nice introductions of the courses as they served them. In conclusion, I will warmly recommend Brasserie Degas to anyone who wants to spend a nice evening with lovely food and friends.

1  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I love this place. The food is fantastic, the service excellent and the admosphere relaxed and down to earth. Probably the best foie gras in town. Not to mension the desserts. Only one fault is the size of the courses. They are too big to finish. A great thank tou to Peter and Rasmus for the excellent service on a very busy saterday. And of course a big thank you to Patrick in the kitchen. If you are in Copenhagen don't cheat yourself from a great food experience. But come hungry!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We came to Brasserie Degas eager to be impressed since we had read so many good things about it on TA. Let me cut to the chase and tell you how our experience went.

We got there at 6:30 pm and we found ourselves being the only ones there initially. More people came in later that night.

The maître 'd/waiter (Rasmus) seated us to a table for 2 and introduced us to the menu. I ordered the fish soup and the duck breast with chanterelles mushrooms in red wine sauce while my wife ordered the breaded mussels & morel mushroom as an appetizer and the monkfish with tagliatelle pasta in virgin lobster bisque as her main course.

My fish soup was excellent and was probably the most satisfying dish out of the 4. Both main courses (duck and fish) were not hot when they were served. This made both dishes less than ideal. The duck was well seasoned and cooked to medium rare.

The breaded mussel & morel mushroom although tasty, came in a thick pasty cream sauce that was lumpy. It would have been better if the cream was smoother and less pasty. The monkfish was slightly overcooked.

Service was good despite the fact that Rasmus was the only server for the entire place. He was knowledgeable, pleasant and helpful.

I'd like to give them a higher score but I can't. 2.5 out of five would have been more appropriate but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that it was just an off night hence the score of 3.

To the chefs at Brasserie Degas, please take this as constructive criticism, I'm not out to put you down.

1  Thank tagliacozzimd
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Last time we went to Degas, it had recently moved into its present address. The service was excellent, food fantastic and the atmosphere great. The restaurant was busy inspite of it being the night before Easter Sunday with a mix of locals and tourists. The steak with truffle sauce was amazing and the pistachio dessert as delicious as it looks. We had a wonderful evening there and when the bill came, we considered it good value. We will be back.