“Cool contemporary clean & cost effective”

First Hotel Twentyseven
Ranked #52 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
“Cool contemporary clean & cost effective”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Spent a couple if nights here on business and really thought it was a great hotel. Rooms are warm, very clean and minimalist, showers are decent and beds comfortable. The breakfast was spot on with a good mix of warm food and continental fare, and the home made granola & yogurt pots were outstanding.

Our first night in was a Saturday and the hotel bar seemed pretty popular with loud music easily audible in my first floor room - unusually however it didn't bother me too much and never stopped me from sleeping. Perhaps not so easy to ignore for everyone. Also the town bells were a bit of a loud shock at midnight...!

Most importantly however the hotel staff and management were incredibly professional and helpful - under no obligation they took it upon themselves to help us out of a bit of a jam relating to the project we were there to work on. Service and support like that is a rare find indeed.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank AfricaToWorcester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kristiansand, Norway
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed here with 12 colleagues. We ordered a full conference-package, and we couldn't be happier about it. We got small, minimalistic and nice one-man rooms. Great (!) breakfast. Perfect lunch. The conference room was great with all the facilities we needed. Great prices too! The food and drink was above average. Very central hotel. You walk to Strøget in less than 3 minutes and to the Tivoli in about 10 minutes. The staff is really nice and helps you in any way they can. I won't stay anywhere else when I go back to Copenhagen next.

Room Tip: The one person rooms are a little small, but you have everything you need. I had room 280 and it was...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank marensv
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 24 March 2014

First Hotel 27 is splendid for a long weekend (and longer stays as well), the hotel is a typical city hotels and offers everything you need for your stay. They also offer bike rental, which is a must in Copenhagen! The staff was very kind and offered excellent service, The best of all was the breakfast and the immediate closeness to everything :D I'll be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KnutStian
Drammen, Norway
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This hotel is very nicely situated, with walking disttance to everywhere.

The rooms are ok , a litle worn and small. Try to get a room 4 og 5 floor since there are some bars
on the same street and you can hear the guest during the night

nice breakfast and ok bar in the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Oslo
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I have visited twentyseven both when it was a choice hotel and first. The hotel is central, a rich breakfast with a lot of alternatives, the staff is friendly and accommodating. The rooms are bit small, but clean. I like that they have a parking garage, though it is a bit small. To my opinion this is a couple/business hotel more than a family hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a short break about two years ago. It cost a little more than some others because it included a "light supper". I didn't like the sound of the word "light" as I assumed that meant we would still have to find somewhere to have an evening meal and couldn't see the point of paying extra for some light snacks, however the food was lovely, we didn't have to eat out at all! The soups were delicious and the main meals were extremely tasty! I was very pleasantly surprised and wouldn't say it's just a light supper at all. The rooms were small, but made really good use of the space, our room was clean and that's what matters to me, throw in free wifi and I was more than happy! There is also complimentary tea, coffee and hot chocolate available all day, we went in December so it was really nice to be able to get a hot chocolate from the hotel to go for a walk with. We also had breakfast included and it was just as good quality as the dinner. There is a very trendy cocktail bar that is part of the hotel but unfortunately it is extremely expensive. The same can be said for most of the pubs in the area though. The Ice Bar next door is great fun and definitely worth a visit! This hotel is right in the middle of everything, it's all within walking distance. We saw a review that recommended a walk to Christianshavn but this was not a good part of our break, it was a wasted afternoon as we did not feel comfortable there at all. Everything else we loved, we even got in a daytrip to Malmo in Sweden, though we seemed to have arrived on a day when all of the shops were shut. If you're going to Copenhagen don't think twice about booking this hotel, I am hoping to go back very soon!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Terri H
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel are just few minutes walk from the main pedestrian area in Copenhagen (Stroget), the main central station, the Tivoli and Glyptoteket. I stayed 4 nights at the hotel and is very pleased. I will certainly stay their again. My room was on the 5th floor, The room and bathroom was small but had what was needed. The desk in the room was OK to work at. But the best thing was the bed! I slept so nice. I will stay at the hotel again just for the bed. The bell on the tower of City Hall will stop at about 22.00 and be quite all night :-).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business