“Great stay and well located” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Andersen Boutique Hotel

Andersen Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 114 Hotels in Copenhagen
London, United Kingdom
“Great stay and well located”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

The Andersen hotel is great, location is right next to Central station (2 mins walk) and Tivoli Gardens is less than 5 mins walk. Our room was great facing the courtyard as I asked, we got a large room with great decor and very welcoming. The bathroom though wasn't refurbished as I saw on other reviews and pics but it was still nice and clean. The only thing we didn't like was a skylight window as our room was on the top floor and the light came in very early in the morning - there was no blind/curtain to cover it.
It is definitely a great hotel with central location - loved it!

Room Tip: Our courtyard room was quiet - ask for one.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Karen N, Owner at Andersen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2012
Thank you for a valuable review and all the lovely pictures.

Some of the rooms on the top floor (5.th floor) have built in ceiling windows, and the curtain is actually hidden in the window frame. Thank you for bringing this up, as it is not obvious, and I agree that design have taken over practiality. We will work on a solution.

White marble is back in fashion and it is good to hear you accepted the old bathroom. Although the bathroom is not renovated, the room is still popular as it is located in a very quiet corner facing the courtyard.

Please come back to stay with us

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

This new hotel in Copenhagen is just behind the Central Station, 5 minutes from Tivoli and city center. I stayed in a beautiful room at 5th floor (room 97), and I am really satisfied. It was roomy, clean, without carpet (I think it's really an awful habit using carpet in a hotel room). The bathroom was small, but nice with a comfortable bathtub (there was also a funny floating duck). I slept deeply, no noises at all, and the room was at the right temperature (not hot, not cold, but you can set the radiators). The furniture are real nordic design, cool - purple was the main colour.
Breakfast was great, many things to eat, from Danish pastries to fruit and yoghurt and savoury food. Good selection of teas.
A special mention (and thanks) to the staff. They are all really kind, they make you feel like home even if you are travelling alone.
Nice idea to have a coffee station in the lobby.
I highly reccomend this hotel.
Prices are high (at least for Italian people) but in line with Copenhagen prices.
Last comment: this is the "red lights area", but you are safe here, nobody will bother you - it's a soft red lights area. As a woman travelling alone, I had never had problem in Vesterbro, and I come to Copenhagen very often on business.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for a wonderful review.

It is especially reassuring to hear that you, as a female single traveller felt safe and comfortable at all times during your stay.

Your compliments on the design, free breakfast and our helpfull staff is truly appreciated. The 5th floor has some very cozy rooms at it is the top floor under the roof. As you liked the design you might like to try a Mermaid room next time in turquise and lime colours.

We look forward to welcome you as a regular guest to Andersen Hotel
Coldingham United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012 via mobile

Located in Vesterbro (yes it is a red light area, yes there are girls on the street corners, yes get-over it) this is one of the friendliest and up and coming areas of Copenhagen and being less than five minutes walk from the main train/bus station you are very well located at the Andersen for access to this beautiful city. My wife and I spent four very happy nights staying at the Andersen where we found the hotel to be of a very height standard and not full of any nasty surprises. The rooms are as mentioned by many others are "compact" but are very clean and comfortable. They have been well thought out to maximises the use of space and storage, provide a very comfortable bed, loads of hot water for your shower/bath and have a very stylish Danish feel about them. The hotel is occupied by many Scandinavian and multinational guests giving it a very cosmopolitan feel, we found the mixture of cultures truly enhanced our visit. Breakfast is a delightful selection of cereals, cheese, cold meats and pastries. A fine selection of tea and fresh quality coffee was also available. The reception and restaurant are manned by some of the most friendly and professional staff I have come across recently and both my wife and I can only commend staff such as Bjorn, Sean and Stella for their friendliness and high standards. The only criticism we would have is the pillows on the bed are a pair of the fashionable soft fluffy square type.....! Reinforcements had to be called for and were as we suspected, delivered to our room without fuss. I also think some might find street noise at night to be a little irritating at the rooms to the front of the hotel, ( windows are double glazed but as we live in the country-side and we heard some bumps in the night!) so I would suggest asking for a room to the rear of the building. All in all the Andersen is a fantastic, well run, well priced and well located hotel in Copenhagen

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Karen N, Owner at Andersen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Thank you for a very detailed review with great compliments to my wonderful staff

It is comforting to hear that you liked the superb location on Vesterbro, and four days really gives you enough time to explore the city.

I truly appreciate all the great comments from all our guests, as you help us improve and reach for even higher standards. Believe me, we listen and take action! Next time you stay at Andersen Hotel we will have long pillows, as this comment has been repeated. That is also how we ended up offering plenty of double duvets (not common in Denmark, we sleep with two duvets)

Looking forward to your return.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

My friend and I have just returned from a short break in Copenhagen and stayed at the Andersen for 5 nights. What can I say that hasn't been said in previous reviews! The hotel is bright and modern, the rooms, if a little small, are comfortable and clean with a fridge and hairdryer. We didn't mind the room being small as we didn't go to Copenhagen to spend all the time in our rooom! Sean on reception was a star - nothing was too much trouble for him and also Stella who was helping with breakfast was an asset to the hotel with advice etc. We had read about the area where the hotel was situated, but the working girls didn't bother us at all and we felt quite safe walking around at night. We bought the Copenhagen Card at the airport and then used it regularly for admission into the palaces, Tivoli Gardens, discounts in shops and restaurants etc. and we certainly had our moneys worth. All in all an extremely enjoyable stay in Copenhagen and would certainly recommend The Andersen Hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Karen N, Owner at Andersen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Sounds like we have some new regular guests . It is comforting to hear you fully enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for the flattering compliments especially to Sean and Stella. I am very fortunate to have the most wonderful staff and we all work hard towards our goal of giving all our guests a lovely stay in Copenhagen.

We rent bicycles and sell Copenhagen Cards at the Front Desk.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012 via mobile

Cute boutique hotel in a central location. Rooms are a little small by US standards, but worked perfectly as we were out and about most of the day. Rooms come with a hair dryer, mini-fridge, and US electrical outlet. I liked the modern style of the rooms and the security features.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Karen N, Owner at Andersen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 24 November 2012
Stylish, Central and Clean - Thank you for a great heading and your warming words.

It sounds like we lived up to your expectations and we are pleased to hear you liked Designers Guild colours and fresh design.

Please come back to see us.
cheltenham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

Check in exceptional as Sean was on duty,( I had spoken to him a week or so before I travelled, regarding booking a quiet room), he remembered our conversation and had upgraded me. He is an amazing person and must be a great asset to the Hotel. Nothing is too much trouble for him and he has an amazing character, he made my stay more than enjoyable. As others have said he opened a bottle of wine, at no extra cost, on arrival. The ladies on reception are also very helpful.
No bar, as such, but a well stocked fridge of wines, beer and soft drinks to purchase. There is a liquor store opposite the Hotel if they run out of anything and it does not appear to be a problem if you go and buy from the store. Backgammon and chess in lounge area, breakfast area off the lounge.
Room 18 on 1st floor, quiet, at back of hotel, large, plenty of lighting, bathrobe and slippers, flatscreen, 2 armchairs, desk, fridge and safe, double wardrobe, proper coathangers! Decor excellent, blinds and curtains, central heating very efficient. Disagree about the mattress cover making you sweat I had no problem although the bed was a little soft for my liking but I slept well the 3 nights I was there Bathroom large, shower over bath, good quality towels, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion, hairdryer and pull out mirror/magnifying, tissues. Water pressure and temperature very good.
Buffet breakfast very good, plenty of hot coffee served by the pot.
Hotel situated well, inspite of what others have said I was not at all scared of the district, the working girls do not bother you, in fact I chatted to quite a few of them (Sean warned me that they are also pickpockets so remember that). There were a few dubious characters round the corner but they never bothered me.
About one and half mile walk to the Mermaid.
If you want an 'entertaining evening', go to Thai corner, just round the corner( but not if you are narrowminded.)
Lift, stairs and lounge W.C. operated by your room key card so no problem regarding security. Sean asked us what time we wanted to check out and we were not charged any more to have the room until 1 p.m.
I cannot fault this hotel and it is far better than some 5 stars I have stayed in.
Taxi takes no more than 20 minutes from the airport, hotel charge 275 dk to book through them, I paid 240 dk from the airport, fairly expensive I know but afterall you are on holiday!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Karen N, General Manager at Andersen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a truly expert review.

Six months open and you have just made us very pleased. It is a feeling like we have just passed an exam with A+ . I am happy and very proud on behalf of my hard working (Sean included) staff:)

A small comment: The hangers are from Ikea - the best we could get

I am positive that you will spread the word about Andersen Hotel and we look forward to have you as a regular guest.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

Andersen Hotel had just been open for 6 months at the time I booked so there were not a lot of reviews online. I knew I was taking a gamble. Well, it was a very lucky hand.

Andersen Hotel Copenhagen opened in April 2012 in the heart of Copenhagen’s Vesterbro district. It is a 4-minute walk from Central Station and therefore just steps from Tivoli and the rest of Copenhagen’s must-sees. The entire hotel reflects world-renowned Danish design complete with Samsung LED TVs, Philippe Starck pieces everywhere you look, and textile & wallpaper from Designers Guild. Service is warm, genuine and goes beyond what’s expected. Breakfast is complimentary and flavoured drinks are offered in the lobby for guests at all times.

It is no surprise that it's now ranked #3 (at the time this review was written) just following Nimb (five-star, 500+EUR/night) and Crowne (four-star, 200+EUR/night). I would not be surprised if Andersen Hotel goes up to #1.

There's an erotic store around the corner but if you are a well-traveled person, you know that this is no big deal.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nowwhatstheplan
Karen N, General Manager at Andersen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 17 November 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review. It is nice to be able to exceed expectations especially of a world traveller

We will now aim for #1 position on TA and I will make sure to share your findings with my fantastc staff.

We look forward to welcome you back