“Nice Boutique Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Jupiter, Florida
“Nice Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed for one night in September before going on a cruise. The hotel is walking distance from the Central Train Station and Tivoli Gardens.... but you should make note that you have to walk out of the back of the train station to get to the hotel. Those 2 blocks were okay during daylight, but I wouldn't want to walk there at night. Rooms are small, but clean and comfortable. Our room had 2 single beds, with one on the floor. Windows faced the street, but noise was not an issue for us. Another note, you need to put your key card in a slot by the door for the lights to go on. They didn't tell us that, but we figured it out as we had seen that in other European hotels. Staff was very helpful, calling a taxi for us to get to the pier. Breakfast was very good. Would recommend it for a one night stay. If staying longer, I would recommend staying closer to Nyhavn.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank andrefs
Karen N, Owner at Andersen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for your nice review and pictures.

Sounds like you enjoyed the stay in Andersen Boutique Hotel. We will check the room as all beds are meant to be above the floor. Many of the beds have extra high legs (American style). Hopefully you had a good nights sleep after all.

Nyhavn differs from Vesterbro. Our neighborhood has the Meatpacking Area, the Central Train Station and a local feeling. It is not a specific tourist area, hence the restaurants cater mainly to locals and not to tourist.

Hopefully you will be back in Vesterbro.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was my second Copenhagen hotel stay in one week and it was better than the one the previous week, but also had its drawbacks.

Yet again, I will say Denmark is VERY expensive. Unless you really want to go there, or have to go there for business purposes, of you're prepared to spend a LOT of money, I wouldn't recommend you do so.

To the hotel .... it's cute and a little quirky with interior design to match. My room faced an internal courtyard that included apartments and night spots. It was VERY noisy until about 2am with a loud party, and nothing could be done about it as it was not part of the hotel. The room was very small again, but quite well thought-out (especially compared with the hotel one week before). The bathroom/shower was good.

The breakfast was very good which seems to be the norm in Denmark, although I did get a lecture from the waiter making coffee about how Australians have strange coffee preferences - this was because i asked for a double espresso with a cold milk on the side (I'm still trying to figure out why this is strange).

The hotel has a 'pop-up' restaurant. It was explained to me that this is where a restaurant service comes into a kitchen and sets up for about 3 months and then moves-on. It seemed very popular, but I was not able to eat there ... even if I had wanted to spend the money they were seeking for it.

The hotel is less than 5 minutes from the Copenhagen Central train station and about 10 minutes or less walk to the main pedestrian street. Frankly, I found Denmark to be so grey, overcast, wet and miserable, and I was on a business trip, I didn't bother spending too much time looking around. I spent a week in Denmark without seeing the sun once - I'm not sure how the locals do it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank 2093
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry you did not like Denmark and the typical autumn weather. November is usual cold, cloudy and rainy. Maybe that is why we are world famous for our "Hygge" with a lit fireplace, candle lights and hot chocolate.

As a matter of fact, many Danes get a winter depression and buy special artificial lights to give them energy. Others knit sweaters, design mittens or buy a fur coat to make them happy.

Personally, I love to travel to warm countries like your own during our winter time.

I hope you are able to choose a suitable destination to your liking next time
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We have just returned from a weekend in Copenhagen and felt that we should write an honest and helpful review as we like to use this site when we book a holiday. Fingers crossed you read this prior to your visit!
We really liked the hotel, the staff were very friendly and everything was clean. We had a standard double room facing the street which was small however it was merely a base for a couple of nights and we found that most importantly, it was clean. HOWEVER...the outside noise was so loud that we failed to sleep all weekend. The noise starts when the 'ladies of the night' begin their trading about 8pm ish till 7am!! Every night there seemed to be arguments and men talking or shouting and honking of car horns, it was all too much. Unfortunately the hotel does not have good, thick glazing to help however I am told by a friend that her room facing the court yard was nice and quiet!!
The area is certainly not suitable for children however as a group of couples, we found it to be perfectly safe (as long as you are in a group!) and a funny tale to add to our weekend away!
I would highly recommend staying in Nyhaven if you like a quaint, pretty, peaceful holiday-much like Brugess :-)

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for a helpful review.

First of all, thank you for your many positive points of view.

Most important, after all you liked the hotel, but maybe not so much the location. (Difficult to change that, as we are not a chain hotel located in other locations).

Our staff is our main asset and I am confident we lived up to your expectations. We believe a hotel must be spic and span and put a lot to effort into maintaining high cleaning standards. Thank you for confirming this.

I apologize for the street noise and your lack of sleep. I wish for all our guests that they get a good nights sleep. We have earplugs at the reception and upon listening to our guest comments we have just added a sleep spray to all rooms. Hopefully this will improve the sleep quality.

It is no secret that Vesterbro is a lively neighborhood with restaurants, galleries and bars and not a quiet residential area.
Tokyo
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Everything in Copenhagen is expensive, so we splurged and got a Junior Suite, which was a good size - sleeping area and lounge area. Excellent breakfast, good service and I liked their "Concept 24" offer - check out at the same time you checked in - perfect for European weekend getaway-goers.

Some people complained about the seediness of this area but I would disagree. I never felt unsafe and the noise level was never a problem.

Walk a bit further down Istegade for some good shopping and also try these two nearby restaurants: Kødbyens Fiskebar and Restaurant Namnam (Asian food).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Karen N, Owner at Andersen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your valuable thoughts and feedback

Vesterbro is a lively neighborhood and it is fun to hear you liked the area, felt safe and even explored the "other" side of Istedgade. It is very local and authentic with cafés, galleries and all sorts of shops.

NamNam is a popular restaurant with Singapore cuisine. We also have a nice Japanese sushi Restaurant "Bento" in our small street and a Chinese Tea Room in the other end.

We enjoy making restaurant reservations and recommendation on places to eat - you are more than welcome to contact us prior to arrival. We have a Vesterbro Board on Andersen Hotel Pinterest.

We look forward to welcome you back
fort lauderdale
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We spent 3 nights nights at the hotel prior to a cruise. I found their free breakfast excellent, the front desk very helpful and the location was easy walking distance to everywhere I wanted to go. It is close to the main train station and bus depo, so when I wanted to go further out I bought a day pass for the buss - much cheaper than a taxi. The rooms are a bit small, but hey - I did not spend a lot of time in the room - it was for sleeping -

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for pleasant review.

It is comforting to hear how you did manage to enjoy the rather small room even with all your cruise luggage in the room. We have a luggage room where some guests have stored excessive luggage and sometimes we even store bikes in the basement.

The cold breakfast buffet is complimentary and we have just added "En Enkelt" a Danish bitter to the buffet. Our Danish pastries are very popular and so is our herring. If you are more tradition go for yoghurt, bread and cold cuts.

Hopefully you will be back to stay at Andersen Boutique Hotel
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My new wife and I went on a European cruise to celebrate our honeymoon and our adventure started here. The service was outstanding, the room was cozy and modern, and the location was prime. The hotel is within walking distance from Tivoli Gardens, which is a very unique and fun amusement park. We were given a complimentary bottle of wine when we said we were honeymooners and the front desk clerk was always ready to help us navigate the city.

The breakfast was very good ( plenty of options, not like a lot of half effort hotel attempts at a breakfast) and was an experience in itself. Americans will definitely have fun trying to figure out what is what. My wife and I absolutely loved the decor, which was contemporary with a clever mix of bright colors. Heads up for those who have never been to a hotel in Copenhagen, they are very green and there isn't any AC in many of the hotels, however, the rooms stayed cool and windows were almost always open. We found it very interesting that the room key served as a master power key as well. Once you get into the room, nothing will turn on until you put the room key into a slot in the wall. Pretty cool. If we ever head back to Copenhagen we will definitely be revisiting the Anderson

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Austin Q
First of all, Congratulations on your Honeymoon. Hopefully the rest of the trip was a good as your stay in Copenhagen.

Designers Guild is famous for the use of bright and fresh colors and we hope the colors make our guests happy, positive and cheerful. And hopefully it will add to the total accommodation experience.

Copenhagen will be Green Capitol next year and we are excited to take part. We have recently been awarded with the Green Key certificate, hence we constantly try to accommodate the environment. The clever key card system safes energy as no unnecessary light is left on.

We appreciate your recommendation and hope you will celebrate all future anniversaries with us
Stockholm
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed one night here in September and were very pleased. Knowing the area I asked for a room at the back and we got one at the end of a corridor, facing the inner courtyard of the block, so noise was at a minimum. The room was spotless, airy and felt fresh. The whole place is recently done up and in an excellent state. The bathroom was also nice and clean. We slept very well after a lovely evening in wonderful Copenhagen. The buffet breakfast was truly one of the best I've had at a hotel in this price range.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Castor_Dioskouros
Thank for a perfect review.

It is always pleasant to receive positive feedback and good to hear how you liked your stay.

The complimentary breakfast is a cold buffet with a variety of bread, cheese, yoghurt etc.

We aim towards offering the best service in Copenhagen and we trust we lived up to your expectations.

Please come and stay at Andersen Boutique Hotel again