Andersen Boutique Hotel
  • Restaurant
Hotel Nebo(Copenhagen)
Scandic Webers(Copenhagen)
2,812 results
All reviewswine hourhonesty barcentral stationmolton brown toiletriesworking girlsmeatpacking districtsex shopstivoli gardensthe red light districtgreat boutiquethe meat packing districtfree glass of wineevery eveningjunior suitestreet noisefriendly hotelnoisy at night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I used to live in Copenhagen, so was looking for a good "home base" for a few days. Sean at the reception was outstanding - very helpful with any and all questions I had. The Concept 24 was fabulous - just be sure to confirm with the hotel ahead of time so they can accommodate you. The rooms are small, but what you would expect for Europe, however the design was modern and convenient. It was great to have a fridge and breakfast was just what I needed to start my day.

The location is very central by the main train station, but I would hesitate to stay here with small children due to some of the neighborhood erotic shops. Otherwise, great for solo travelers, friends, and couples!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Karen N, Owner at Andersen Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for a very nice, positive and excellent review.

It is nice to hear how you liked Andersen Hotel and our service. I look forward to share your review with my colleagues. We aim towards offering the best service in Copenhagen.

CONCEPT24 is very popular and we will do our utmost to accommodate all requests.

We hope you will return to Andersen Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed here as a family for a long weekend in early November.

The hotel is stylish, the rooms clean, in good condition and well kitted out etc. Fruit bowl in room on arrival was a nice touch. Regular breakfast is a really good selection. Staff helpful with restaurant suggestions etc. It's less than five minutes walk from the main station. There are lots of hotels in close proximity to one another here so a number of my comments below apply to all of these - not just the Andersen.

A few things that we didn't like.

Single beds pushed together with single duvets.
Breakfast on Sunday is a brunch that doesn't start until 9.30 and costs extra. Will suit some very well but didn't work for us. Regular breakfast with regular hours is available just over the street at their sister hotel but this is a huge place with overwhelmed staff fighting to clear tables/ keep plates replenished - bit of a bunfight and not relaxing.
The area is described as 'edgy'. Basically it is in the red light district. To be fair both the hookers on the corner outside the hotel were good looking girls and the window displays in some of the adjacent shops quite educational however - be ready to distract children when you walk past or have a good explanation as to why people buy rubber sausages.
As others have said - it is noisy. Not just the roadworks which will pass but street noise into the night. The Danes party.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tim G

Thank you for a valuable review.

We have twin beds with separate duvets and double beds with king size duvet. You are always welcome to make a request prior to your stay, upon arrival or during your stay. I am sorry to hear about this after check-out, when we can not do anything to accommodate requests.

After listening to our guest feedback, we have changed our DJ Brunch & Bubbles to start at 7.00 am. This way all our guests may enjoy complimentary breakfast at Andersen Hotel.

True, if you travel with children or like to avoid the adult shop, it is good advice to stay on the opposite pavement towards the station. Or walk around the block to avoid the shop.

Your compliments are much appreciated and we hope to welcome you back

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed for one night in September before going on a cruise. The hotel is walking distance from the Central Train Station and Tivoli Gardens.... but you should make note that you have to walk out of the back of the train station to get to the hotel. Those 2 blocks were okay during daylight, but I wouldn't want to walk there at night. Rooms are small, but clean and comfortable. Our room had 2 single beds, with one on the floor. Windows faced the street, but noise was not an issue for us. Another note, you need to put your key card in a slot by the door for the lights to go on. They didn't tell us that, but we figured it out as we had seen that in other European hotels. Staff was very helpful, calling a taxi for us to get to the pier. Breakfast was very good. Would recommend it for a one night stay. If staying longer, I would recommend staying closer to Nyhavn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank andrefs

Thank you for your nice review and pictures.

Sounds like you enjoyed the stay in Andersen Boutique Hotel. We will check the room as all beds are meant to be above the floor. Many of the beds have extra high legs (American style). Hopefully you had a good nights sleep after all.

Nyhavn differs from Vesterbro. Our neighborhood has the Meatpacking Area, the Central Train Station and a local feeling. It is not a specific tourist area, hence the restaurants cater mainly to locals and not to tourist.

Hopefully you will be back in Vesterbro.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was my second Copenhagen hotel stay in one week and it was better than the one the previous week, but also had its drawbacks.

Yet again, I will say Denmark is VERY expensive. Unless you really want to go there, or have to go there for business purposes, of you're prepared to spend a LOT of money, I wouldn't recommend you do so.

To the hotel .... it's cute and a little quirky with interior design to match. My room faced an internal courtyard that included apartments and night spots. It was VERY noisy until about 2am with a loud party, and nothing could be done about it as it was not part of the hotel. The room was very small again, but quite well thought-out (especially compared with the hotel one week before). The bathroom/shower was good.

The breakfast was very good which seems to be the norm in Denmark, although I did get a lecture from the waiter making coffee about how Australians have strange coffee preferences - this was because i asked for a double espresso with a cold milk on the side (I'm still trying to figure out why this is strange).

The hotel has a 'pop-up' restaurant. It was explained to me that this is where a restaurant service comes into a kitchen and sets up for about 3 months and then moves-on. It seemed very popular, but I was not able to eat there ... even if I had wanted to spend the money they were seeking for it.

The hotel is less than 5 minutes from the Copenhagen Central train station and about 10 minutes or less walk to the main pedestrian street. Frankly, I found Denmark to be so grey, overcast, wet and miserable, and I was on a business trip, I didn't bother spending too much time looking around. I spent a week in Denmark without seeing the sun once - I'm not sure how the locals do it!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 2,093

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry you did not like Denmark and the typical autumn weather. November is usual cold, cloudy and rainy. Maybe that is why we are world famous for our "Hygge" with a lit fireplace, candle lights and hot chocolate.

As a matter of fact, many Danes get a winter depression and buy special artificial lights to give them energy. Others knit sweaters, design mittens or buy a fur coat to make them happy.

Personally, I love to travel to warm countries like your own during our winter time.

I hope you are able to choose a suitable destination to your liking next time

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We have just returned from a weekend in Copenhagen and felt that we should write an honest and helpful review as we like to use this site when we book a holiday. Fingers crossed you read this prior to your visit!
We really liked the hotel, the staff were very friendly and everything was clean. We had a standard double room facing the street which was small however it was merely a base for a couple of nights and we found that most importantly, it was clean. HOWEVER...the outside noise was so loud that we failed to sleep all weekend. The noise starts when the 'ladies of the night' begin their trading about 8pm ish till 7am!! Every night there seemed to be arguments and men talking or shouting and honking of car horns, it was all too much. Unfortunately the hotel does not have good, thick glazing to help however I am told by a friend that her room facing the court yard was nice and quiet!!
The area is certainly not suitable for children however as a group of couples, we found it to be perfectly safe (as long as you are in a group!) and a funny tale to add to our weekend away!
I would highly recommend staying in Nyhaven if you like a quaint, pretty, peaceful holiday-much like Brugess :-)

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for a helpful review.

First of all, thank you for your many positive points of view.

Most important, after all you liked the hotel, but maybe not so much the location. (Difficult to change that, as we are not a chain hotel located in other locations).

Our staff is our main asset and I am confident we lived up to your expectations. We believe a hotel must be spic and span and put a lot to effort into maintaining high cleaning standards. Thank you for confirming this.

I apologize for the street noise and your lack of sleep. I wish for all our guests that they get a good nights sleep. We have earplugs at the reception and upon listening to our guest comments we have just added a sleep spray to all rooms. Hopefully this will improve the sleep quality.

It is no secret that Vesterbro is a lively neighborhood with restaurants, galleries and bars and not a quiet residential area.