“Boutique, clean, welcoming&friendly, convenient, good located”

Andersen Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 119 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 28 April 2014

At this hotel we first encountered with something they call Concept24. It means that they count 24 hours from your check in the last hour for your check out. For us it was a real treat because we checked in about 17.00 h. You have to pay a little extra while booking but it is well worth. And staff was really nice because we asked them if we could prolong it to 18.00 h on the last day and they immediately said yes without any fuss and we felt them as being genuinely nice.
Hotel is boutique, everything seamed quite new and well maintained. Room was clean, modern but also worm, included slippers, bathrobe, nice toiletries, 42 inch TV... We booked Romantic package and we received nice welcome note, fruit basket, fabulous organic fruit based sweets, body scrub, two small towels and bottle of surprisingly nice sparkling white wine (maybe I forgot something). We were on 4th floor looking on the street, but we didn't hear any noise at all. Bed was very comfortable, maybe a little on a soft side, but we did not mind it. Luckily breakfast on weekends is until 11h so we managed to have one because we like to sleep longer on vacations. Choice of food is not vast, but what is there is very good, fresh and tasty and above average having in mind 3-4 stars hotels. I wouldn't mind a bigger choice of cheeses being in Denmark. When we got back from a city walk it was just past 5 pm and at reception they offered us with a free glass wine which was really nice. Location is really good. Just 5 minutes of relaxed walk to train station and Tivoli Gardens, and you can go on foot to almost everywhere and anywhere in the city without feeling exhausted. And at the end to mention cream on top of it all, at arrival we got an free upgrade from double room we booked to junior suite, which was quite spacious. I suppose they gave our room to someone else, and we got lucky :)
If I have to mention something which we did not like it is really hard to remember something. I cannot mention prices because whole Copenhagen is really pricey comparing to the rest of Europe. Maybe only breakfast could be with a little more choice, and when we came pastry was not as fresh as we would like. Breads were fantastic though.

Room Tip: 4th floor is really quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ilija-bg-dbk
Write a ReviewReviews (2,700)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Travelled with my husband and his parents for 2 nights with 2 rooms booked. Nice clean modern hotel in good location. It's not fancy but not trying to be, with good value rooms and friendly staff. Hotel: Arrived and the elevators were not working, the staff apologised and gave us lots of free drinks and invited us to join an exhibition they were holding in the lobby.
Room: modern, clean and comfortable although the double bed is actually 2 single beds pushed together so you fall in the middle during the night. A pet hate of mine!
Staff: Friendly and helpful, good English
Location: Well located the explore the city
Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank finerthingsinlifexx
Reviewed 27 April 2014

the hotel is just average in everything. looks like a restyled modern 3 star small hotel. Rooms are small and shower very old not working exactly properly. I have chose this hotel based on the trip advisor rating that I do not agree - it is excessively high for the quality. Price is also not low for this type of acomodation. Location near the central station and city center is convenient. Why trip advisor rate this hotel so high?

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Filipe C
Karen N, Owner at Andersen Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for valuable review. We appreciate any feedback and use it actively in our process of keeping a high standard.

A good thing about social media and Trip Advisor are the transparency of hotels, facilities and amenities. It is very easy to learn about any hotels strength and weaknesses just by reading guest comments and looking at pictures.

Please remember Trip Advisor reviews are based on previous guests own experience. A majority of our guests are very extremely well travelled and have a vast experience in hotel evaluations.

I apologize we did not live up to your expectations and I am sorry neither did our many reviews, as the advice often will avoid disappointment

Service, design and location are our pride and we know some people prefer a large newly built chain hotel to a small individual owned Boutique Hotel.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights and very happy with the convenient location, excellent breakfast and modern rooms. Staff are lovely and the free glass of wine from 5-6pm is a lovely touch. A short walk to most attractions and 200m from the central station. Excellent value for money. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank PleasantTravels5
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I booked this hotel partly for its proximity to the station, it is very near but its also in a good location to get about and see other parts of the city. We hired bikes from them (a great service) and a great way to see this city. Lovely staff, decor, rooms and food. Being near the station it, there are a few strange people wanerding around but its in now way dangerous or unsafe

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissBugg
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed three nights in this hotel after 14 days of travel across scandinavia. By far, the best hotel we stayed despite all others were international chain hotels. The service from the staffs (Sean particularly) and others well exceeded our expectations as they provided special attention to our needs. We were welcomed by a plate of fresh fruits in a relatively spacious room and the bed was cosy. Breakfast was lovely and adequate.

The hotel is centrally located, only a couple of minutes walk to/from the bus station and central station. The surrounding area can be quite rough with nightspots around but for us, it was fine as long as you stay indoor after midnight.

Would recommend Andersen hotel to anyone travelling to Copenhagen.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elephantinant
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Sadly I don't think my wife would share my rating for the hotel but this IS my review ...

Immediate impressions from outside are not great - think average hotel, average area. But don't be put off. It's cosy and modern inside with lots of space. Some nice fresh colours and designs. Reception is friendly and helpful. The free bottle of red wine also helped!

We had booked one room for my wife, daughter (13) and myself with sofa converted into a bed. This made for the bedroom frankly being a little TOO cosy but we managed OK for our 4 nights. The bathroom too was quite small and it was tough to find space to keep all our washing accessories.

As many others have mentioned the immediate area around the hotel has some interesting inhabitants - no problem for me at all but it make my girls feel a bit 'uncomfortable'. That said, there are some decent restaurants in the streets around. And, yes, it is a bit of a walk (for example, 35 mins. to Nyhavn) but I like walking and looking at the whole city not just the normal tourist sites. If you come or go by train then the hotel location would be a big plus for the proximity of the main railway station.

Back inside, the hotel breakfast offered, as others have commented, slightly more than your average continental fare. Boiled eggs, some really tasty pate and cheeses and some nice breads. Outside breakfast hours it was good also to have a constant pot of coffee and some pastries on the go - for returning after a long cold walk in the city!

In the context of hotels elsewhere in the world I guess it was expensive for what it was but in the context of expensive Copenhagen it probably wasn't (DKK 1825 per night for the Brilliant Deluxe). Anyway, maybe it's OK if you're paid a Danish salary!

I think I would return to the hotel if I was on my own but I expect the girls might try to persuade me to stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family