“Bad smell, bad wifi, bad rooms”
Review of Annex Copenhagen

Annex Copenhagen
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Arrived in Copenaghen on october, 17th, left on october, 20th. Arrived to the hotel, at the entrance we found boys and girls in the hall making noise, one in particular was wearing her pyjama and laying on the ground using her PC... OK, we went to our rooms, the corridor smelled horribly, and the room was not better. The room had orrible and old decor, the bathroom's towels smelled not exactly clean. Internet connection was a disaster, I was never able to work with my devices. Breackfast was of average quality. Absolutely not advised!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank venm

Reviewed 13 October 2011

We were looking for something clean, affordable, and centrally located and that is what we got! There is nothing fancy about this place but the rooms are clean, large and light and offered everything we needed. We had shared toilets/showers but were glad to have a sink in the room. Great location a block or two from the train station. They also offered relatively affordable bike rentals (about $20/day) which we happily took advantage of.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2011

On Istegade near the similar price Nebo.
Had rooms with shared facilities on two separate occasions. Rooms are basic with twin beds and handbasin. One room had a fridge other did not not. Rooms on second floor better than rooms up steps by reception because the shared facilities are much better. Rooms up steps share one old fashioned shower and WC. Rooms on second floor have many separate shower cubicles and WCs. No coffee making facilty in rooms.
Buffet breakfast was surprisingly good. Plenty of room on two separate levels. Lower level attracts less people but all same foods are available without climbing stairs. All the usual cold foods available and tea, coffee, fruit juice and Danish pastries.
Area is a bit of a red light district but it is near the rail station. You cannot get a much cheaper hotel room in Copenhagen. Only hostel dormitories cost less.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor near the shared facilities
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I stayed in a single room, shared bath for 3 nights. The room was small, plain, clean, furnishings a bit worn, but there were thoughtful touches like reading light over bed. I decided to shower in the evenings to avoid potentially having to wait in the morning. Location near the train station was very convenient. Breakfast buffet was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2011

When I first decided to book this hotel I was a little bit worried but it was one of the few places i could find for less than a $100. When I arrived I was pleasantly suprised. Do not expect the Ritz but do expect a nice clean place to rest your head.
I had never had to share bathrooms before but it was not bad. I had no wait for the shower and it was very clean.
The room was comfortable and clean but i was only in Copenhagen for 24hrs so I hardly spent anytime in my room.
I did not spend the 125 Kroner on breakfast (thought that was pricey) but went to a cafe down the block and only spent 50.
The staff was very helpful with directions and suggestions for restaurant.
The location is great. Very close to the train station and the city center.
This hotel is great if you are only spending a few nights and don't want to spend a lot

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank abagirl
Reviewed 7 June 2011

My friend and I stayed at this hotel in the double bed room (without bathroom attached) with breakfast included. Price-wise, it was one of the cheapest accommodation available in this area. Check-in proceeded very smoothly, however upon entering the room and taking a look at the condition of the bathing and toilet facilities, I was totally put off. The toilets had feces (sorry for the crudeness) stains and it was really small. The showers were acceptable, however the hot water pipe was exposed which is totally not child-friendly. The rooms are okay... if you are looking for a really really basic, no frills accommodation, with bedsheets looking like they have been used a while and the furnitures are worn off.

In my short stay here, I developed a rash which totally dampened my holiday. (However, I cant guarantee that it was definitely due to this place).
Things were made worst when I requested for an cancellation of my remaining nights here as I found a better option elsewhere. Close to midnight, when I wanted to cancel my booking, the staff at the front desk was totally clueless and had no idea on how to process it. He could not even provide me with an estimation of my cancellation fee (if there was any). I am very disappointed with this experience.

Perhaps the reason for their survival is due to the accessible and good location of their hotel. Experiencing is believing.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank RachelKhooCC
Reviewed 29 May 2011

If you're looking for somewhere to lay your head in Copenhagen, you can't go wrong here. The beds are a little on the narrow side and there's a bit of a queue for the shower but the breakfast makes up for these minor shortcomings. Very close to the station.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends