“Nice, centrally located hotel in the heart of Copenhagen!”

Scandic Palace Hotel
Ranked #20 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Nice, centrally located hotel in the heart of Copenhagen!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

My fiancée and I stayed 3 days after a cruise from the Baltic. Normally all hotels check in time is at 3:00 pm. We for there at 9:00 am an to our surprise our room was made up and ready for us to go at that time! Others reviewers had pound the lobby a little bit, well it is not great it is not bad, this building is at least 100 years old and the lobby although it looks a little old I think it gives the hotel a kind of local flavor not found in other hotels. Check in was fast and the reception girl was very helpful and friendly. Let me make a pause to tell you that this hotel is located in the best spot in the city, you have everything close, you can walk almost to all the tourist cites, restaurants and shopping. It is in the plaza that has the town hall, it does get a little noisy but nothing to worry about. Our room was in the 5th floor that is the top floor of the hotel, it was very well appointed and very large, it had a separate living room and bedroom, both with flat tv's, bed was very comfortable but maybe a little soft for my taste but nothing to take a star in the rating. The rooms have a small fridge with complementary beverages that are replenish daily. Bathroom is big and has a tub and a separate shower. It is a little short in toiletries space but at the end we were able to accommodate all of our things. Room service was good, we did have breakfast 2 times and I liked it a lot, not the best not the worst but a good breakfast to start the day. All the employees were very nice and caring. Check out was also very fast and without incidents. If you want the best location with a very good service you can't go wrong with the Palace. I would definitely will be back when I return to Denmark.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Northern Virginia, Virginia
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in July, 2013. The lobby is horrible - dark, dinghy and in need of a major facelift. It also isn't air conditioned (although the rooms have some air conditioning which only works moderately well.) The elevators are even worse - ugly green, dirty carpet in both and brass that hasn't been polished in years. One of the elevators is over 100 years old. The reception people are very nice but are overwhelmed when a big crowd from the cruise ships come in - long lines just to check in. They know when these ships are arriving so you would think they would have more people and a better system for moving them through,

We booked a Junior Suite, which was massive. It had a separate living area with flat screen TV, a huge bedroom with another flat screen and a completely updated, large bathroom with deep tub and separate shower. It was appointed in minimalist modern furnishings. The bathroom lacked storage space for toiletries and the lighting wasn't good - bright florescents that blinded you. But overall, we thought the room was nice and you got a huge space for the money.

The locations is very central on the town square and very near Tivoli Gardens. There were a number of American fast food places very close and a great little bakery and coffee shop where we had breakfast each morning. We skipped the breakfast buffet in the hotel since it was about $28/person. We asked for our suite to be on the courtyard since the square in front can be noisy and the back of the hotel is on a street with outdoor restaurants and a theater. Our room was very quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank msdillo
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have stayed several time at this hotel over a period of few years. By joining the club Scandic Friends we got benefits extra such as free dinner on our first evening in the hotel, and then 20% discounts of every item bought at their premises which are open to walking traffic. The breakfast was excellent and the staff in the reception was very friendly and professional. The location is just excellent and I think few hotels in Copenhagen match theirs.

We will definately stay again. The only small negative was that the cleaning and tidiness of the room could be improved, but the postive things about this hotel were so many that we really did not bother.

1 Thank Hlynur A
Atherton, California
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We chose this for location (at City Hall, across from Tivoli, and two blocks to the main RR station). Old hotel but gacious. Booked an upgraded room and loved it. Great breakfast and friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a bigger room facing city hall (302, 303, ...)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Minehead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Excellent location, very friendly and helpful staff, nothing too much trouble. Ideal situation in centre of city, recommend Tivoli Gardens fair opposite, great day out for all ages, buy the multiride ticket to save lots if you plan on doing all the rides, if not just enjoy the gardens and go on a few of the brilliantly laid out attractions. Palace hotel beautiful setting, road train outside for tours of the old city, also Segue for hire. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Toronto
Reviewed 29 July 2013

While the reception area is rather small and unimpressive, the room was very large and comfortable. My wife and son were very impressed with the size and features of the bathroom also (towel heater, etc.). Breakfast was also very good and well presented. Finally, the location is excellent (although if you plan on having a car, there is no parking at the hotel, but one can be found in the vicinity).

2 Thank Carefulchooser
Helsingborg, Sweden
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Looked at Scandic website to see if there was any availability for our family. I did get ok by the net but thought I could go in and book because we stayed just outside.
In the frontdesk was this lady and she looked at us and said there was a room.
Then she looked at us again and said, oh no sorry its already booked. I asked her with my son beside me if this is possible because 1 minute ago it was free?
She said, no we don´t have any rooms. And if you booked through the net I would have send you to another hotel.
I asked if this is possible to send us somewhere else if we get the confirmation by you??
She replied, yes I would have send you to another hotel and said we are overbooked.
I can also try to call and see if this is possible that there are rooms avaialable?
I said yes, please.
She said no we are fully booked so I will not do this right now.

Dear Palce Hotel, I think we were not good enough for your hotel because we didn´t look rich enough ( I wore a tshirt and shorts)
Sorry about that Palace because we looked for the suite!
I wouldnt recommend this place to anybody if you dont have the "right look and outfit"!!

Room Tip: IF you can get a room???
6 Thank DivaSweden