“Location, Location, Location”

Ranked #52 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
“Location, Location, Location”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hotel Nebo Saturday May 10 prior to disembarking for a cruise. So conveniently located to Central Station it was ridiculous. After an inexpensive, quick train ride in from the airport we were checked in to our clean and comfortable room in no time. The staff is really friendly. This is a funky hotel in a great location. Walkable to many of Copenhagen's tourist sites and good restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Nancy T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 24 May 2014

It's a budget hotel . Neat and clean . No frills . Excellent location . Five minute walk from the train station . Comfortable and would recommend for couple of nights in case you are looking for comfort and good pricing . Friendly reception . Big room with lot of windows . We enjoyed our stay . The old town is very close hence access to all the sites .lot of restaurants near by .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sushmash
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

(RATING = 5, but it's not a 5-star hotel. It was excellent for my needs.)

I was traveling alone, and my hotel requirements are very basic — low price, clean room, good shower, Wi-Fi. I got all four with Hotel Nebo, plus it was in a very convenient location.

The best feature after the price was the location, less than a block from the central train station. A 17-minute ride directly from the airport put me steps away from the hotel.

Tivoli was two blocks away, and the location was easily walkable from all points of interest in the city center.

I reserved a room without an en suite bathroom (to save money), which was a first for me, and the shared toilet and shower room was spotless. In the three nights I never saw any other guests, and zero evidence that the facilities had even been used.

The room itself was small, but adequate for me (1 large suitcase, 2 carry-ons), and had a sink and a TV, but no air-conditioning. The bed was a single, narrow "twin" bed, in U.S. parlance. It was fine, but I'm picky. The pillow was a bit thin, so I asked for another and was given one without hesitation.

The TV had enough channels to entertain me — World Ice Hockey Championships — but not much in English.

My room was on the street side (No. 302), and one night preceded a holiday, so there was some partying outside. I closed the window, and the noise was gone.

Wi-Fi was extra, about 7 euros per day, but worked flawlessly every time on an iPad and an iPhone.

Negatives? The carpeting in the room was worn, but seemed clean enough. ... The provided towel was far from plush, but very large. (I packed my own, and didn't need to use it.) ... I twice asked if there was a coin-laundry nearby, and two different staff said "down the street, on the opposite side," but I twice couldn't find the place.

Extras — A 24-hour 7-Eleven is nearly next door, on the corner (great coffee). ... There's a McDonald's with free Wi-Fi in the train station. ... English newspapers at the 7-Eleven in the train station. ... The Hong Kong restaurant next door was very good, but did not have Wi-Fi; the Thai place across the street was just as good, and had Wi-Fi.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank KenCarpenter
nc
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The best part is the incredibly convenient location - actually right behind the central railway station, not in front where all the noise is. We had a family room with a king bed and fold-out sofa for the kids, and a private bathroom. We were worried we would all be tripping over each other with the couch folded out, but there was plenty of room for us, plus a little desk and a closet area. We loved the big windows that opened onto the courtyard, very scenic and probably quieter than overlooking the street.

Staff was very friendly, even when we had to ask for several wifi logins for all our devices! The bathroom was small by American standards, but perfectly adequate. We didn't ever do breakfast, but there were several Asian restaurants within one block, and a 7-11 on the corner for coffee, beer and other needs!

We did notice several "gentlemen's clubs" as we walked the opposite direction from the train station, but during the day did not feel sketchy at all. We attended Eurovision concerts that kept us out as late as 1am, but we felt perfectly safe walking the half a block from the train station.

Easy walk to the planetarium and beautiful waterfront walking path. We also enjoyed the city square and Strøget, just a couple blocks in the other direction. We never made it to Tivoli Gardens, but the tall spire made a great landmark when we wandered too much and couldn't find our way back!

Gave the hotel 4 dots just because there was a septic smell coming from the bathroom that was never quite resolved. It's an old building, but just being honest. Loved the duvets. Everything else was clean and comfortable, if not brand new. Highly recommended for families or couples on a budget.

Room Tip: Get one that opens onto the courtyard for nice peace and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank obxmaslin
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Like the others mentioned, the hotel is located right across from the main central station (under 5 minutes walk). It's about 15 minutes walk away from Stroget. There are many restaurants near the hotel and there is a grocery store nearby. The front desk staff was very friendly and provided us with city information. Wifi is not free, but there is a computer with free internet access at the lobby. The room is adequate, nothing fancy (small TV, a sink, closet, a desk). The room was clean. Bathrooms are shared (four shower rooms and two toilets). The bathrooms were clean and we did not have to wait for it. Breakfast was buffet style and was not included. The breakfast had cereal, bread, juice, tea, coffee, fruits, eggs, cheese and ham. Overall, it's a good hotel if you are travelling on a tight budget. If you are looking for something fancy then you might want to consider somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mouni99
Paris, France
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Right next to the central station, so very convenient in that respect. The streets nearby become a red light district at night, but they never really felt unsafe. And during the day, it's a perfectly normal area. As for the hotel, I had a single with a private bathroom. The room was small, but fairly clean and comfortable. I didn't spend too much time in my room, so it was a perfectly fine 4 night stay in the city.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank vlyubash
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Copenhagen is an expensive city and this hotel is a very good price, if you paid the same in London you would be in a run down rat hole but note the case with this hotel, it was clean, we were in the large economy 4 bed room with shared bathroom. There was 2 in this section and I didn't see anyone else use them bar us. The bathrooms were clean and even had soap dispenser with soap by the showers. We had clean towels in the room every day and the floors were hovered and skirting etc cleaned daily. Didn't see any working girls only the hipsters and bohemians this district has become home to. The hotel is next to the central bus and railways station only 15 mins from the airport. We bought the Copenhagen open card that allows you to jump on public transport and free entry to 75 attractions.
Breakfast was only £40 for three off us for 3 days, so good value when you take in the cost of cafés and bars. Breakfast was continental, help yourself! eat as much as you like.
Toast your on bread, bread selection, cut your own white bread, ready cut wholemeal, ready cut pumpernickel (black bread), selection of bread rolls, boiled eggs, jams and honey, cheese, 3 different ham meats, 2 different yogurts, milk, 5 different breakfast cereals, pate, oranges, tea (10 different flavours) coffee, hot chocolate, apple juice and orange juice. So a fairly big selection so I couldn't complain.
Even though it said you could buy a voucher for wifi I found my phone picked it up anyway without voucher, is it is worth trying your tablet or phone before spending money on voucher..
Staff are excellent, friendly and very helpful.
Loved my stay and would stay in this hotel again

Room Tip: Sharing a bathroom is not bad in this hotel as it is clean. The 4 bed economy room is great value, r...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family