“Perfect location - safe and convenient”
Review of Hotel Nebo

Hotel Nebo
Ranked #53 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The location is perfect. Directly outside the train station and a 2 min walk to old town. Could not have been better situated. The room was a bit cramped, but still plenty of space for us. Major complaint was that the room was very warm, no air-con or way to cool it down. Luckily we were in the back and our window opened onto the courtyard which was very quiet. Bed was fairly good, but pillows were a bit flat and we needed 2 per person. You have to pay for wireless internet, which in today's society I think is a bit awful. They did have one computer in the lobby you could use, but that was busy when we wanted it.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the courtyard, not the street for a more quiet stay
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Po2000
There are newer reviews for Hotel Nebo

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Hotel Nebo could not be more convenient if you are coming/going to the airport. it is literally across the street from Central Station! it's also only 2 blocks from Tivoli, very nice if you plan to go at night you can be home in no time. Room is ok, basic but clean and fine. This place is a fantastic bargain, especially when you compare it to other hotels in CPH. no issue with the shared bathroom at all.

the only thing that I REALLY didn't like is there were plenty of seedy looking characters hanging out right outside Central Station. however, none of them ever bothered me but I still would have preferred they not be there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lorimendenhall
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Basic room, but didn't expect much for the price in Copenhagen! Main problem was the noise at night. We were on top floor but could still hear people screaming and shouting outside the station throughout the night. Other than that, the location was really great and I certainly neverflt unsafe in the area.

Room Tip: Even on top floor, rooms facing the street can be noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Nebo Saturday May 10 prior to disembarking for a cruise. So conveniently located to Central Station it was ridiculous. After an inexpensive, quick train ride in from the airport we were checked in to our clean and comfortable room in no time. The staff is really friendly. This is a funky hotel in a great location. Walkable to many of Copenhagen's tourist sites and good restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nancy T
Reviewed 24 May 2014

It's a budget hotel . Neat and clean . No frills . Excellent location . Five minute walk from the train station . Comfortable and would recommend for couple of nights in case you are looking for comfort and good pricing . Friendly reception . Big room with lot of windows . We enjoyed our stay . The old town is very close hence access to all the sites .lot of restaurants near by .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sushmash
Reviewed 22 May 2014

(RATING = 5, but it's not a 5-star hotel. It was excellent for my needs.)

I was traveling alone, and my hotel requirements are very basic — low price, clean room, good shower, Wi-Fi. I got all four with Hotel Nebo, plus it was in a very convenient location.

The best feature after the price was the location, less than a block from the central train station. A 17-minute ride directly from the airport put me steps away from the hotel.

Tivoli was two blocks away, and the location was easily walkable from all points of interest in the city center.

I reserved a room without an en suite bathroom (to save money), which was a first for me, and the shared toilet and shower room was spotless. In the three nights I never saw any other guests, and zero evidence that the facilities had even been used.

The room itself was small, but adequate for me (1 large suitcase, 2 carry-ons), and had a sink and a TV, but no air-conditioning. The bed was a single, narrow "twin" bed, in U.S. parlance. It was fine, but I'm picky. The pillow was a bit thin, so I asked for another and was given one without hesitation.

The TV had enough channels to entertain me — World Ice Hockey Championships — but not much in English.

My room was on the street side (No. 302), and one night preceded a holiday, so there was some partying outside. I closed the window, and the noise was gone.

Wi-Fi was extra, about 7 euros per day, but worked flawlessly every time on an iPad and an iPhone.

Negatives? The carpeting in the room was worn, but seemed clean enough. ... The provided towel was far from plush, but very large. (I packed my own, and didn't need to use it.) ... I twice asked if there was a coin-laundry nearby, and two different staff said "down the street, on the opposite side," but I twice couldn't find the place.

Extras — A 24-hour 7-Eleven is nearly next door, on the corner (great coffee). ... There's a McDonald's with free Wi-Fi in the train station. ... English newspapers at the 7-Eleven in the train station. ... The Hong Kong restaurant next door was very good, but did not have Wi-Fi; the Thai place across the street was just as good, and had Wi-Fi.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank KenCarpenter
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The best part is the incredibly convenient location - actually right behind the central railway station, not in front where all the noise is. We had a family room with a king bed and fold-out sofa for the kids, and a private bathroom. We were worried we would all be tripping over each other with the couch folded out, but there was plenty of room for us, plus a little desk and a closet area. We loved the big windows that opened onto the courtyard, very scenic and probably quieter than overlooking the street.

Staff was very friendly, even when we had to ask for several wifi logins for all our devices! The bathroom was small by American standards, but perfectly adequate. We didn't ever do breakfast, but there were several Asian restaurants within one block, and a 7-11 on the corner for coffee, beer and other needs!

We did notice several "gentlemen's clubs" as we walked the opposite direction from the train station, but during the day did not feel sketchy at all. We attended Eurovision concerts that kept us out as late as 1am, but we felt perfectly safe walking the half a block from the train station.

Easy walk to the planetarium and beautiful waterfront walking path. We also enjoyed the city square and Strøget, just a couple blocks in the other direction. We never made it to Tivoli Gardens, but the tall spire made a great landmark when we wandered too much and couldn't find our way back!

Gave the hotel 4 dots just because there was a septic smell coming from the bathroom that was never quite resolved. It's an old building, but just being honest. Loved the duvets. Everything else was clean and comfortable, if not brand new. Highly recommended for families or couples on a budget.

Room Tip: Get one that opens onto the courtyard for nice peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family