“Good location”

Ranked #52 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
glasgow
“Good location”
Reviewed 28 October 2010

Hotel is very easy to find, on the street next to the train station. It is also right round corner from Trivoli theme park and within walking distance to most other attractions in copenhagen.

We had booked a double room but got a twin room. Is sharged bathroom but they were clean and there was plenty of showers so we never had to wait for one.

Room was very small and in desperate need of re-furbishment.

Was very cheap for Copenhagen though.

Free internet in reception but is hard to get on pc.

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Prague
Reviewed 23 October 2010

Stayed at the hotel on a business trip after a late arrival in Copenhagen. On the positive side it was certainly cheap, at least by Copenhagen standards. Very close to main railway station and Tivoli. Check-in problem-free. Breakfast was fine. Fresh juices, good selection of cereals, fruit, cheeses, cooked meats. However, the room was ghastly, with dingy lighting, ancient tv set, heavily soiled carpet and blankets and no en suite. I left the booking very late, but if you have more time book somewhere else: even at this price there are plenty of alternatives.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 October 2010

We stayed in the room with bathroom. So, we managed to avoid all problems with shared bathrooms. Yes, rooms are small, but neat and tidy. Personnel was quite helpful and friendly. I could not say that breakfast was value for money compare to other Europe. However, there are few different nice cafes and restaurants near by.
Location of the hotel is good assuming you would be walking towards Central station and Tivoli Gardens. However, the opposite direction is Red Light district with girls on the streets on 24x7 shift. It's not Amsterdam, but such neighborhood was not particular pleasant.
I guess it's a reasonable place to stay for short period.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
HK
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We stayed at Hotel Nebo for 5 days in June 2010. Cannot agree with the previous review more - a 2* hotel with a 5* breakfast. Copenhagen is an expensive city and I have spent quite some time searching for cheap and clean accomodation. Finally I decided over Hotel Nebo after comparing with a no. of other cheap accomodations nearby the station.

First of all, it is REALLY near to the Central Station. Get out of the station, cross the road, and you could literally see it. Being close to the station avoid the dragging of heavy luggage, and it's also good since we are taking trains to nearby towns and it's just literally minutes away.

It's more like a 2* really, much better than hostels in Europe standard. I had struggled over a private double or a double with shared bathroom. I decided to have the shared bathroom one due to the much lower cost, and am happy with my decision. There are a few shower rooms (3-4) on each floor with toilets. They are all sparkingly clean and I never see anyone using it during the 5 nights there. It's the happiest time of the day, taking a hot shower after a day's touring around, and retrieving to our warm room. Clean towels are provided every day. Lux shower gel is available in the shared bath. I also like having a sink inside our room.

Breakfast was indeed 5*. Copenhagen is expensive. Breakfast is included in the room price. The breakfast, although the same every day, has lots of choices and we are not bored even after 5 days. Cereals, jam, cheese, buns, eggs, whatever you name it....My husband said that If we are actually paying for what we eat every morning, the breakfast alone could have cost as much as the room price.

The only minus - beds are a bit too soft and pillows too thin. You may request extra pillows though.

Would definitely recommend any traveller looking for a clean, cheap and decent place to stay in CPH.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank icicle_i
Queensland
Reviewed 17 October 2010

We elected to stay here based on reading some positive reviews on Tripadvisor.
We were not disappointed. Located less than 100m from Central Station, 10min by train from airport, the Nebo is small, personal, and comfortable. Reception staff were friendly and very helpful. Despite our early morning arrival, our room was available. Our room was small, but comfortable for two, very quiet and clean. Breakfast was more than adequate with cereals, cold selections, variety of freshly baked breads, warm hard boiled eggs etc. Light airy breakfast rooms opening on to terrace which would be used in warm weather I expect. 10/10 for us!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2010

I was booked in at the Nebo. I knew it was cheap so was not expecting luxury. However, I took one look at my room and walked straight back out. It was tiny, dark, dingy, manky sink in the corner of the room and a woven throw which had seen better days (the sort my Nan used to have) over the bed. Id also booked a room with a bathroom rather than shared facilities, but Id been given a room with no bathroom.

Like I say I wasn't expecting luxury, but cleanliness costs nothing. The bathrooms were tired looking with old looking shower curtains. Id comopare it to a ropey youth hostel, rather than a hotel.

I did not spend the night there. I chose to pay to stay elsewhere rather than stay there.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank travellingbear018
Boulder, CO
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Nebo September 14th-16th and 19th and 20th, 2010 in their "economy" rooms-their cheapest rooms, very small with shared bath.
First let me point out all the great things about staying at the Hotel Nebo:
1) Excellent location, steps away from the main Train Depot and within walking distance to many of the sights in Copenhagen.
2) Everyone I talked with at the desk was courteous, helpful, spoke perfect English (not that hard to find in Copenhagen) and were knowledgable about the city and could direct me to public transportation, etc. Also, they really seemed to care that I enjoyed my stay in Copenhagen, and this wasn't simply a hassle for them to do this.
3) Exceptionally clean. The bathrooms are modern and well-designed and are cleaned frequently enough as to be virtually spotless every time I used them. And there are enough of them so there is never a wait for the showers or toilets. (Are you an American that doesn't like the idea of a shared bath?Get over it. Your bathroom at home is probably dirtier than these.)
4) Excellent breakfast! And a wonderful dining area to eat it in. Fresh bread. Cereal. Meats-a Danish thing. Coffee. Orange juice. A wonderfully pleasant and relaxing place to start the day.

And the bad things about the Hotel Nebo:
And let me put this in context: They advertise themselves as a Two Star Hotel, although everything I've mentioned so far would rate them higher.
So here is the downside. Are you a light sleeper or claustrophobic? You will not be happy in the cheaper rooms.
The room I stayed was tiny--clean and neat with good bedding and a window that opened out to the back and let in fresh air-but very small.
If you're like me and you only use a hotel room for sleeping it might work out but-the rooms are not well-insulated for sound. No traffic sounds on the back of the building where I was, but sounds of other people opening and closing their doors and talking and even snoring in their rooms. So your stay-at least in these rooms-depends a lot on your neighbors. Mine were courteous and quiet, asleep early, and I slept well but can see where this would be a problem if your neighbors were noisy.
When I planed this trip I imagined the Hotel Nebo as being young-and-backpack oriented and was surprised to see coats and ties showing up in the dining room.
All in all though, I felt I received an excellent value for what I paid and recommend it and would stay there again, although at the height of the tourist season might opt for a more expensive but quieter room.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo