“First stop on a European Tour”
Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #46 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
EDINBURGH
“First stop on a European Tour”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Hotel was modern and the staff were helpful. The room was good but the bathroom was a bit on the small side. The pug in the hand basin was faulty and despite an attempt being made, it was still faulty. Site was good and central. Breakfast was OK but the cooked one was a bit cool ... out too long.
All these were just little matters which had little effect on us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The hotell is located right in the center of Copenhagen. It has a spacious recetion and a nice italian restaurant with bar. The room had all necessary things like tea pot, trowsers press, hairdryer, safe, mini bar and toiletaries. I specially appriciated quietness and quality of pillows and blankets. They are soft and nice, sheets creespy and white. That was great to relax and to sleep.

1 Thank Oslo2013
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Clean, stylish but lacking in atmosphere. Breakfast very ordinary, Well situated for the Tivoli Gardens (5 minutes walk) This hotel works but nothing memorable - perhaps I expect too much but next time I will choose another place with a livelier bar.

Winnipeg
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Excellent location. Quiet. We bought into the breakfast option, which was decent - probably not much more expensive than we would pay at another restaurant, and saved us the trouble of having to go out looking for a breakfast. Nice enough rooms. At one point we had a problem with a defective toilet. Someone came up to have a look right away, and when a quick fix wasn't possible, they offered us another room within a matter of minutes. One issue to be aware of is that their queen beds are really two singles pushed together. If you happen to roll into the middle, they will separate and you could find yourself sinking between them! We were also surprised that the shower doesn't have a door, only a small glass panel to deflect some of the water. We couldn't find a way to shower without getting the entire floor wet. Overall a pretty good experience though.

Room Tip: It's a big hotel and some rooms are a very long walk from the elevator and up four steps.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank K_Q_10
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here on a business trip. The hotel was centrally located, but that was the only great thing about it. Other than that this is an average hotel, my room was fine, breakfast ok, service ok. My room was quiet though.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Marysville, Ohio
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is a nice business hotel near the Central Train Station. What first attracted me to the hotel was it was reasonably priced and just next to the Avis Car Rental as I was coming in from Kolding with a rental. We were traveling with our 11 year old, we had a triple room which was spacious and clean. The hotel was only a short walk to shopping, cafes and Tivoli. Hotel staff was very helpful and friendly and even offered us free umbrella one afternoon when it was raining. Not only was it a short walk to the Central Train Station, but there were also several nearby bus and a local train stations nearby. Yes, the elevators were small and slow, but this is Europe. The WIFI was great. There was an optional hotel breakfast, but we choose to have breakfast at one of the nearby cafes. One evening during our stay, there was a VERY loud party with music blaring in one of the ball rooms, but the music stopped a 9pm. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel was arranged for me by my company for a training meeting. I stayed in room 249 which was down two very long hallways from the very small elevators. Even though there are 3, it took forever to get down in the morning and up in the evening when we all got off the bus. I opted for the stairs.

My room was in the back of the hotel away from any traffic. About 8pm during the week - I was there for 6 nights, the beat of very loud music permeated my room. My colleague who was in room 549 could hear the same thing. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out from looking out the window where the music was coming from. It was difficult to get to sleep...

Otherwise, the room was a good size for Copenhagen, clean with a decent bathroom - although pushing the toilet button in the wall took extra energy. The bed was comfortable - I don't like hard beds but this was just firm enough. There was a mini bar, iron and ironing board, good size closet, flat tv with several English language channels. The window had blinds and black out curtains which I appreciated since I like my room dark at night. The laundry service - while expensive - did a nice job on my undergarments ie no starch and soft.

There is no concierge service in the hotel - like most hotels in Copenhagen so you carry your own stuff. There are a couple of steps to maneuver in the hall if you have to go all the way down to the other wing. It is the longest hallway I have ever been in at a hotel.

The breakfast is downstairs and average - it has the usual cereal, some cold cuts, cheese, yogurt, eggs, bacon, some fruit. Nothing out of th ordinary but edible.

I have been coming to Copenhagen for 3 years on business and I have yet to find a hotel that ticks off all my boxes. I would like this hotel better except for the noise.

1 Thank IntlTrainer