“just do it!”

Ranked #2 of 161 Nightlife in Copenhagen
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: For hundreds of years the Danes were an unstoppable force of warriors, explorers and settlers – uniting Scandinavia, discovering America and bringing terror to the shores of Europe. Today Copenhagen’s history of fire and bloody battles lies hidden behind picturesque streets and colorful harbors.As the days of conquest passed, Danish power was replaced with a rich cultural legacy of writers, artists and philosophers. The fairytale feel of the city where Hans Christian Andersen wrote is the home of incredible stories and unbelievably true histories: Viking adventurers; pirate-hunting Bishop Absalon; daring Danish WWII resistance fighters and more.Our local expert guides will take you on a 3 hour walking tour through 6000 years of Copenhagen’s history and you’ll find out why the Danes are some of the happiest people in the world!
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Did the walking tour with guide Igor a few weeks back. Really recomendable. We covered a lot of ground, got to see many of the main attractions of CPH and for every stop, Igor has some interesting info to share with us. As a native of Denmark (though not from CPH), I can verify that Igor obviously knows a great deal about Denmark and Danish history, culture etc. and he eagerly shared it all with us. The presetations were varied, his English impecable and he spoke out loud and clearly and always with a friendly grin on his face. I can only say: do it - it's worth the money - ahh... that's right, amazingly enough, it was for free!!

2  Thank Heine W

Reviewed 26 April 2012

If you want to get a good sense of Copenhagen, its history, and its people, take this tour (especially if you are only in the city for a few days/a weekend). The walking tour in the morning is free (tips are of course encouraged and, in my opinion, well earned) and the harbor tour is not expensive at all (perfect for a traveling student's budget)! Each tour is about 3 hours and the tour guides are awesome! Anna, our tour guide, was funny and had several fun stories to tell us. She encouraged questions and really took the time to talk with us. She was very knowledgeable and it is evident that she loves Copenhagen (she is a native to the city). Anna, if you read this, thanks for everything--the funny stories, the laughs, and for showing us around your amazing city! Wish I could come back and do it all again! Good luck with future tours!

5  Thank slinkesc
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I had the pleasure of taking Anna's tour recently. She was fantastic - super energetic, fun, animated, and helpful. You can really tell that she genuinely loves sharing her hometown of Copenhagen with newcomers. I would highly highly recommend the 3.5 hour tour to anyone visiting Copenhagen. In this time, not only do you learn great historical tidbits about Copenhagen, contextualizing everything you see, but you also cover significant ground in hitting up all the major sights/sites. I personally found it very helpful for me in whittling down things I wanted to spend more time seeing/doing in Copenhagen. I would've loved to joined Anna's Christiana tour as well, but I was unfortunately pretty tired after this tour. Next time!

3  Thank Di D
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We took the tour with Anna last week, a native of Copenhagen, and we were definitely not disappointed. She not only knows her facts really well, but she also tells the stories about Copenhagen's history in a really comedic and fun manner. The 3-hour tour went by so quickly and I was kind of sad for it to be over!

If you want to learn more about Copenhagen instead of just enjoying the rides at Tivoli, take the tour!

1  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Our trip guide, a Canadian girl called linsee, if that's how you spell it, was brilliant! Personal connections to the town made it the best one out of 5 I have done! Beautiful city and our guide made it even better!! Thanks! Matt

1  Thank Mattym53