“free tour of Copenhagen”

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Copenhagen
Ranked #2 of 139 Nightlife in Copenhagen
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: For hundreds of years the Danes were an unstoppable force of warriors, explorers and settlers – uniting Scandinavia, discovering America and bringing terror to the shores of Europe. Today Copenhagen’s history of fire and bloody battles lies hidden behind picturesque streets and colorful harbors.As the days of conquest passed, Danish power was replaced with a rich cultural legacy of writers, artists and philosophers. The fairytale feel of the city where Hans Christian Andersen wrote is the home of incredible stories and unbelievably true histories: Viking adventurers; pirate-hunting Bishop Absalon; daring Danish WWII resistance fighters and more.Our local expert guides will take you on a 3 hour walking tour through 6000 years of Copenhagen’s history and you’ll find out why the Danes are some of the happiest people in the world!
Leiden, The Netherlands
“free tour of Copenhagen”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We've taken Igor's tour last week. The tour was really interesting, well thought, allowing us to see the main sights at once, which was very great for us because we were spending only 1,5 days in Copenhagen. I loved the stories about the city's history, and Igor had a dynamic and catching way of telling things. But the main point, and this is a negative one, is that Igor wasn't speaking loud and clearly enough, so it was really difficult for me to understand everything, even if my english is quite good, and then almost impossible to follow the explanations.
But otherwise, great tour, thanks for allowing it to exist!

Visited April 2012
Mark Q, Guest Relations Manager at SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Copenhagen, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Good, clear, constructive feedback here. Thank you so much for sharing.

Hope to see you on another tour in the future.

Best wishes from all the team,
Mark at Sandemans

• Greek first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

Copenhagen has been the best sandeman tour, thanks too out fab tour guide Gareth (Gaz).
I had already been on two, one in Amsterdam and Hamburg and both were very good but the Copenhageb tour was my favourite. I learnt so much history about Copenhagen within 3 hours, mixed in with some humour :)
After that tour about 10 people from the morning session decided to go on the boat/walking tour which started later that arvo, again had a blast!!
After that we all decided we were having too much fun and did the pub crawl tour!!
(we had the same amazing tour guide for all three tours, I highly recommend doing all three especially I you have a short stay in Copenhagen!)

1 Thank Trvelbug203
Kolding, Vejle, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“just do it!”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Did the walking tour with guide Igor a few weeks back. Really recomendable. We covered a lot of ground, got to see many of the main attractions of CPH and for every stop, Igor has some interesting info to share with us. As a native of Denmark (though not from CPH), I can verify that Igor obviously knows a great deal about Denmark and Danish history, culture etc. and he eagerly shared it all with us. The presetations were varied, his English impecable and he spoke out loud and clearly and always with a friendly grin on his face. I can only say: do it - it's worth the money - ahh... that's right, amazingly enough, it was for free!!

2 Thank Heine W
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing Tours! They are a MUST!”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

If you want to get a good sense of Copenhagen, its history, and its people, take this tour (especially if you are only in the city for a few days/a weekend). The walking tour in the morning is free (tips are of course encouraged and, in my opinion, well earned) and the harbor tour is not expensive at all (perfect for a traveling student's budget)! Each tour is about 3 hours and the tour guides are awesome! Anna, our tour guide, was funny and had several fun stories to tell us. She encouraged questions and really took the time to talk with us. She was very knowledgeable and it is evident that she loves Copenhagen (she is a native to the city). Anna, if you read this, thanks for everything--the funny stories, the laughs, and for showing us around your amazing city! Wish I could come back and do it all again! Good luck with future tours!

5 Thank slinkesc
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A must-do in Copenhagen!”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I had the pleasure of taking Anna's tour recently. She was fantastic - super energetic, fun, animated, and helpful. You can really tell that she genuinely loves sharing her hometown of Copenhagen with newcomers. I would highly highly recommend the 3.5 hour tour to anyone visiting Copenhagen. In this time, not only do you learn great historical tidbits about Copenhagen, contextualizing everything you see, but you also cover significant ground in hitting up all the major sights/sites. I personally found it very helpful for me in whittling down things I wanted to spend more time seeing/doing in Copenhagen. I would've loved to joined Anna's Christiana tour as well, but I was unfortunately pretty tired after this tour. Next time!

3 Thank Di D