Copenhagen Admiral Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Skt. Petri(Copenhagen)
US$353
US$345
Hotel Christian IV(Copenhagen)
US$269
US$252
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sct. Thomas(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$129
  • Free Internet
First Hotel Mayfair(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$184
  • Bar/Lounge
US$384
US$375
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen(Copenhagen)
US$302
Orbitz.com
US$178
Agoda.com
4,376 results
All reviewswooden beamssalt restaurantopera houseconverted warehouselittle mermaidgreat locationroyal palaceharbour viewwater viewclose to nyhavnshort walkjunior suitelarge hotelbreakfast buffetmini baron footdouble bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We are a middle age couple and spent 24 hours in Copenhagen. We stayed in a big beautiful room with a view of the opera house. In the evening we had a wonderful dinner with Danish friends in the hotel restaurant Salt.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the opera, slightly more expensive.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank eggert1009
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The Admiral is very well located, close to Nyhavn and the center. You can do a lot by walking. Nice room but don't take the standard, the superior rooms are nice and large enough.
Very calm, must be agreable in summer close to the water but don't take a room viewing the sea: the view is not worthy unless you like the cranes and possibly the opera, only "thing" worthy. Nice breakfast.
Nice staff at the bar but the hotel remains impersonal since it's so big. More made for businessmen. Kind of artificial interest for you when you leave. You can have your entire stay without any contact with the reception staff. People of the breakfast room seem really here to clean and that's it. No contact as we can regularly have in other 4or 5* stars hôtels. The experience in the NOBIS in Stockholm was quite different! Even the people who clean the rooms seem to be happy there and smile!

1  Thank Jacqueline T
Reviewed 23 February 2014

the only time i really thought i needed them and none were supplied. actually if you needed amenities there was a machine downstairs that you feed coins to and it gives you a shaver or a toothbrush etc.

if you could get over the musky smell of the place then its quite comfortable. the heating isnt very good but its an old place.

breakfast is a absolute rip off so walk 2 mins that way and youll get it for a 3rd of the price.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the street because taxis pull up all night long and the drivers get out of the cars and socialise very loudly even playing their music LOUDLY
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Was on business and chose this hotel based on friend's recommendation. No major complaints. As this was converted ship yard building, there were large wooden pillars in the middle of the room, a potential head injury hazard in the middle of the night. Bathroom were clean. Reception staff were great and very friendly. Salt restaurant was very good quality for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Room Tip: Choose the water side if possible.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank emilchua
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed two nights. Overall I got very good impression of the ambiance, rooms, location of the hotel considering the reasonable room rate one can get at this hotel. However, I had too many (serious) problems with the cleanliness of my room(s) and with several parts of the customer service. I had reserved and paid for a deluxe room through hotels.com, but at check-in I was allocated a standard room. After some discussion I finally I got my deluxe room. The room was nice, big, recently renovated with new furnitures and with nice views overlooking the Copenhagen Harbour. However, there was a bad sewage kind of smell in the bathroom. I asked for and after waiting and spending nearly one hour to get things in order I was allocated another deluxe room. But the cleaning of this room was really a disaster. The worst thing was too find many pieces of glass from a broken light bulb on the bed table and on the carpet next to the bed! On the other bed table there was an empty bottle and cake crumbs. I complained and only after some discussion I was offered one free breakfast as compensation. Unfortunately, I wasn't in a position to use the breakfast coupons which had a validity of two weeks. I asked if it could be extended but I got a flat "NO" from the hotel's reception manager! If I hadn't experienced these problems I would have rated my stay "very good". Will I recommend this hotel to others and stay here again? Maybe, maybe not.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business