“Somewhat a must”

Copenhagen Admiral Hotel
Ranked #25 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had a very nice and relaxing stay at the Admiral Hotel which I knew since twenty years. It was always a good hotel, but it got even better during the last years. The rooms are good, breakfast is overwhelming and the Salt Restaurant is excellent. I appreciate very much he exquisit position near Nyhavn and opposite to the new Opera. A wonderful scenery. The only problem is noise, especially when the weather is fine and there are parties going on on the other side of the Harbour... But who cares? The Admiral is the best place in Copenhagen for Tourist reasons as well as for Business purposes.

Room Tip: Toward the Harbour is a must, but it can be very noisy during summer time becaude of parties in the...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We booked a room months in advance because we had a family reunion in Copenhagen. Hotels in that part of the world are expensive, we get it:) But we read the reviews online and were reassured about our choice. I had 2 unpleasant experiences with the hotel staff. Upon check out it was so busy and I felt still humiliated by my encounter with one of the Receptionists(?) on night shift around 2 am on August 5th that I didn't even wanted to broach the subject: I had come downstairs in the lobby-reception area because I hadn't been able to fall asleep and was feeling rather unwell. So instead of disturbing my husband's sleep I decided to go downstairs as I mentioned. The way that Receptionist addressed me and the tone and words he used were disrespectful. He practically ordered me to go back to bed asking if I had a room in the hotel and why I wasn't in it!! That I wasn't allowed to fall asleep in the lobby chair if I had a room!!! I retorted that of course I had a room but I was in the lobby because I had been feeling unwell! I remained another hour or so where I was daring the rude individual to bother me again! It stung to be treated like a nobody and I must admit I still feel humiliated by the way I was treated.
The day of departure having later flight we decided to have a later lunch at the hotel Cafe. We waited well over 20 min to be attended while other tables were being diligently waited upon. After another group sat next to our table and were attentes right under our noses we decided to leave. I went to the bar and talked to what appeared to be the manager and told him about the lack of proper service that we almost felt ignored while other people who had sat after us were being served. The person I talked to didn't see fit to apologize but instead that the waiter hadn't seen us!!! Following that comment my husband raised eyebrows and made a sarcastic comment about the waiter allegedly not seeing us!! Indeed, I'm a 5'1 thin woman but hubby is 6'1 and was wearing a bright red polo shirt that day: so like he joked kind of hard to miss don't you agree?

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel has for me a very good location. The center of the city and Nyhavn are within a walking distance, and to the Square where you will find the Royal houses its also not far ( just 5 minutes walking ) and the hotel is also close to a Canal where you can find many restaurants have have a dinner or a drink ! Hotel is made in an old Warehouse and the desing of the flors and rooms is nice, I felt there very nice and comfortable. They also have a great offer for the breakfast. The Stuf was very kind, and my room was really clean, bathroom too. They offer also a free WI-Fi service. In front of the hotel on the side to the sea, there is a nice outdoor sitting area with a nice view on on the new Opera House and the Theater! I would recomand you this hotel for a stay in Copenhagen !

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the harbour side !
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kristian K
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Having read the other reviews my comments are similar. The hotel is in a great location within easy walking distance of Nyhavn bars and restaurants and nicely situated on the water front with also a hop on/hop off bus stop just outside in the street which was convenient. It has character with the beams from the old granary but I agree about the air conditioning problem. Our room overlooked the water but no breeze was generated so it was hot and uncomfortable although the room itself was fine with the usual amenities. Also the construction works opposite made it too noisy to leave the small sliding door open as well as a party going on across the water until around 4:00 a.m.. The outside café seemed to be sufficiently manned when we were there, the inside bar was never busy so we chatted with the friendly waiters about life in Denmark, and the reception staff were particularly helpful. On the whole we found the hotel pleasant enough. Would stay there again although hopefully not during a heat wave!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street may be quieter while construction takes place on the harbour.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GentlePetal
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel is nice and placed in a short walking distance to Nyhavn. The breakfast was very good With a various and good meny. The restaurant Salt was also very nice but our dinner was not very tastfull, although we were not that much dissapointed, The only drawback is that the hotel has non aircondition. Our room went to a street With a lot of traffic, and there was to much noice to have the window opened.
The service of the hotel employees were good and our stay was Ok due to warm weather.

Room Tip: The rooms with a seaview is expensive and we didn't choose that. Our room was very nice but as s...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The building is a former warehouse more than 200 years old and it has cleverly been converted into a hotel! The rooms on the waterfront side afford a lovely view of the harbour and the new Opera House. They are spacious and have a sitting area, the bathroom is well appointed and has a bidet! No air conditioning, so leave the window open if it is hot. Staff at reception are professional and efficient, with very good English, however there is a slight feeling of being in an impersonal production line...This is confirmed at breakfast, where there is a good choice, but you do your own thing in between milling customers and staff rushing here and there. The location is excellent for Nyhavn, the shopping streets, the Royal Palace etc. Good wi-fi.

Room Tip: Overlooking the harbour (but beware of noise...)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

What a treat to stay in a 300-year-old building with the original oak pillars.
Service was excellent, the outdoor bar facing the harbor a real treat.
The beds were comfortable
The rooms facing the harbor are about 10° cooler in the summer than the rooms facing the street
Also there is a very noisy nightclub adjacent to one end of the hotel on Friday and Saturday nights
WouId I stay there again, absolutely
Also the location is terrific within walking distance of most everything

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple