ProfilHotels Mercur Hotel
Grand Hotel(Copenhagen)
Hotel Astoria(Copenhagen)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,003 results
All reviewscentral stationtivoli gardenstea making facilitiesfree wifipriced hotellocation is excellentdouble bedcity breakthe main shopping streetdecent hotelan expensive citytea and coffeefew minutes walkfamily roomcity hallrooms are smalllittle mermaid
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The location is perfect - the center is within walking distance and although it's located very near to Raadhuspladsen, the noise from the streets, cars, etc. doesn't bother you in the room.

It's not a typical choice for a family with twins at the age of 1, but it worked out perfectly fine.

The lift isn't big enough to fit people as well as a stroller, but there's a room next to the reception where you can store luggage - and things like a stroller. The door to this room is operated by remote from the reception by the staff, so your stuff is stored safely.

The staff is very helpful and you can park temporarily just outside the hotel and drop off luggage, etc. The hotel cooperates with a parking facility just behind the hotel - it's very convenient and you save some money on the parking fee.

The buffet is average or slightly above average, but at the price it's definitively fair.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at ProfilHotels Mercur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Cassius 1977,

thank you for providing us with your feedback on your recent stay in Copenhagen.

It´s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope it was not too big of an inconvenience for leaving the stroller in the luggage storage.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Very good location, near railway and central for exploration. competitively priced. Room average standard, was clean and in the rear of the hotel so quiet,but overlooked by offices so had to close our curtains. No fridge, safe or iron which we have come to expect as normal. Hotel well heated during exceptionally cold weather. The included breakfast they gave us was a good quality and there was a wide choice. Staff pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lynda G,

it is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in january.

Heating is always a central question in cold weather, lovely to hear that it was well functioning for your taste. Irons and iron boards are available upon request, and the safes are situated in the lobby, we are sorry if this was an inconvenience.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

This hotel was centrally located a block away from the central station, 500 metres away from Tivoli Gardens and the pick up point for the Hop on Hop off tour buses. The service was very good and I found the front desk staff pleasant and helpful. The rooms are exceptionally small, especially for 2 people travelling from a different continent! That said, the rooms are clean and relatively modern. The beds are very comfortable. There are tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms which is very convenient. The breakfast was sufficient for our needs, serving both continental style pastries, cold meats and cheese as well as hot food items such as bacon, egg and pancakes. At times the dining room is very full and we had to share our table with other guests on occasion. The hotel is located close to cinemas as well as restuaurants and grocery stores. Be aware though that from 24 December till at least 26 December everything except Seven Elevens are closed, including the attractions like Rosenborg Caste, Amaliesborg and Christianbog Palaces. Tivoli Gardens re-opens on 26 December. I would stay in this hotel again.
The only drawback is the slightly noisy railway line that the hotel is situated across the road from.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the main road because the railway line is very noisy
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lauren H

Dear Lauren H,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your time used on providing us with your feedback.

Some of the rooms are unfortunately smaller than others, I am sorry if this was an inconvenience for you. You must have been here at a busy time I assume from your comment on the breekfast restaurant, it indeed can be packed when the hotel is fully booked.

We hope that you enjoyed everything Copenhagen had to offer.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed here in November 2013. Asked for a room at the back after reading previous reviews. Very, very quiet. Big comfy bed and lots of space for our stuff. We were not in the room a huge amount as the hotel is very well located and we were out most of the day. Had opted for breakfast which was better than expected although some of our group preferred to head out for breakfast at local cafés. Free wi-fi is also a bonus, as is the small bar in reception and the friendly staff. The only thing that let down this hotel was the manky black shower curtain in the bathroom. Black shower curtain? What were they thinking?? However, I would recommend this hotel. Fourth floor at the back, can't remember the exact room but would stay in it again.

Room Tip: Fourth floor at the back was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at ProfilHotels Mercur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Annieh71,

thank you for making time for a review of your recent stay with us.

It is lovely to hear that the room allocated and the breakfast buffet fulfilled your expectations.

We are sorry to hear that you did not like the shower courtain, I can see how impractical it can be, making it darker in the shower. I guess it is a taste thing, we all like different variations of a certain thing/product.

We hope to see you again, should you plans take you to Copenhagen!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Quite next to the central station and Vesterbrogade this "technical hotel" is good for sleeping and breakfast, however would not plan to stay there longer periods or daydreaming. Average service and only one elevator in use made us willing to walk around the beautiful parks in CPH and eat outside. The room was nice, but a bit worn out, having still one modern painting on the wall for enjoyment. View from the room was nice, but as someone already pointed out, the nearby railtrack can be annoying at times. Would not rule out this property for consideration during my next visit in Copenhagen.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at ProfilHotels Mercur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear K H,

thank you for the review of your recent stay with us in Copenhagen.

We are sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations.

The hotel is under constant improvement because we would like to provide the best for our guests, but that is an always ongoing process, therefore some rooms are different thank other, with regards to tear & wear or decoration.

It is great to hear though that you enjoyed our central location and view from the room.