“Decent one for one or two nights”

Copenhagen Mercur Hotel
Ranked #57 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I booked it because I was on a budget.. It was decent enought for a 2 night stay.. Ambience was nothing great, old lifts.. in short, pretty old building.. But still Value for money.. Best part was the location. WiFI was useful too..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Praz666
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Praz666,

we appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us.
It is good to hear that you were satisfied with our location and services.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

It is a Centrally located hotel near the Central Station. The Metro is just on the other side of the Road. The City Hall and the Tivoly Park is within vicinity There are opportunities to stroll are good opportunity to stroll by the lake behind the hotel in 2 minutes walk. The rooms are reasonable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jalal61,

thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.

The hotels location is indeed a big plus, we are happy to hear that you felt the same way too.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed in the Best Western for four days on a return trip to Copenhagen.
The location is good as it is central without being really busy. The metro is just across the road and the main station a 5 minute stroll away.
The hotel itself was OK.
Pros - Buffet breakfast was always topped up well
Location
Staff were very helpful
Room was quite large for the price with a sofa / table area

Cons - Construction work underway
No safe in the room, there were a very limited number in the lobby
Quite noisy in the afternoon, I think there is a music academy next door?

I would stay again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John C
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear johnnyc40,

thank you for making time for a review of your recent stay with us.

We are truly delighted to hear that you enjoyed what BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel had to offer you. I make sure to pass you feedback to my colleagues at the front desk and restaurant.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by music and construction, we are about to get finished with our 10 new luxury rooms on the first floor, if you like the good space on your stay, make sure to check these out the next time your plans bring you to Copenhagen!

The music originates from Bremen theater (right behind us- the two buildings share a cellar), where they have concerts and some tv shows here in the city. They are working on better isolation, due to us pressuring them to do so, because at times it can be quite inconvenient with the noise.

We hope to see you again sometime!
Have a lovely weekend!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have only had one disappointing experience in a Best Western. This hotel falls into the 'safe choice' when you are visiting a country for the first time.

A large open lounge, a good selection for the breakfast, a room with some room, and the staff were helpful and friendly.

That is all we need for a stay and hopefully it will do for you as well.

(They are building a gym for the more muscle conscious among you _ I shall see you in the bar.

Room Tip: I have heard people moan about the sound of trains. They don't worry me anyway, and did not hear...
1  Thank Toreador
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Toreador,

we appreciate your time used on giving us a review.

Your comment made me smile, I am glad to hear that you liked our lounge and bar, so we don´t get offended that you are not blown away by the soon to be gym in the basement ;-)

Seems like you had a good time with us and that is only a good thing that the traffic didn´t bother you. We are all different, some are more sensitive to noise, thankfully we have rooms facing the backyard too.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We paid £150 for 2 nights stay at this hotel. The hotel location is spot on with the Metro 2 min walk away and Tivoli Gardens only 5mins away. The hotel is easy to find. There is currently some work being carreid out with the extension of the restaurant and a gym being added to the basement which created some background noise. We were in room 512. Room size was quite small but adequate. The noise from the trains was just about bearable. The double bed has two single duvets whihch was a bit weird. On the last day the TV seemed to be broke as it kept switching itself off. Breakfast buffet gets very busy after 08.45 and the selection is not massive but once again adequate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel.
1  Thank Gasman6331

Dear Gasman6331,

we appreciate your time for providing us with your review.

We are sorry if the renovation works was an inconvenience, it is all in order to better our product and services.

The rooms are all different in size, I believe that my colleagues assigned this particular room to you because it´s one of the renovated ones with the new headboards.

It is very unfortunate with the television, I believe I fixed the problem later that day.

Single douvets are quite common in most european countries, so for us it is very natural to have a double bed and two single douvets. However I will drift the idea of having them on request with the management, could be great service to have especially when other hotels don´t.

It is indeed busy some days in the brakfast buffet, fortunately for us we barely had ´low season´ feels like high season thorughout the winter months too. It is a good idea to try to beat the crowd and you are always welcome to take your meal up to the room.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the Best Western Mercur hotel. It felt good to be back in a simple, down-to-earth but nice hotel, after our experience in a very expensive fancy hotel (which needs a lot of improvement in terms of food and service) we had the night before.

Great value for money and nice welcoming staff, located centrally enough to the main points (Tivoli Garden, main train station) and districts of Copenhagen. Walking access and public transport were readily available and parking in public parking spaces was possible right in front (or to the side) of the hotel.

Comfortable bed and pillows. Nice view from our room from the 4th floor. The rail track opposite the hotel didn't bother us at all. Breakfast had a good enough choice to start the day.
The only downside was the bathroom: slightly smelly gutter and also you needed to mind the plinth (not sure if all rooms has it) all the time you enter/leave the bathroom, for you could easily trip over it or damage your toes. This should definitely go, this has no place to be fitted underneath the bathroom door. The soap container in the shower was apparently delicate as when I pressed it, it easily fell apart (but we managed to fix it back).

I read a review from a traveller saying that there was only one lift but there were actually two. The one located in the corner on the left side of the reception took us right up to our room. I'm not sure if other travellers noticed that lift but for us it was like having our private one as it took us right by our door to the 4th floor! :)

Overall our stay was very pleasant and I wouldn't mind going back to Best Western Mercur if I were to have a room with the same view :)

Dear Agnés L,

thank you for contributing with your review of your recent stay with us.

I read your review with a smile, because it is so great to see that you were satisfied with our services and location. It seems to me that with most aspect of your stay we managed to make you happy.

I am sorry for the inconvenience with the bahtroom plinth thou, not all rooms have it. There must be a reason for building it that way, but of course there is always room for improvement. Do you happen to remember your room number, so I could check with maintenance?

You are most right with regards to the elevators, there is actually 3 of them, 2 close to the restaurant and the one you mention in the back corner, which no one notices.

Should your plans take you to Copenhagen again, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

After spending two weeks at three other hotels in different parts of Europe, I was very impressed with my experience at this Best Western. I'm a huge fan of Best Western hotels - they consistently offer great value and a solid experience.

This hotel is located within a 5 minute walk of Copenhagen's Central Train Station. It is in the Tivoli area of Copenhagen (near the canal and the outside rim of the central part of the city). It's also only a few minutes walk to the main car-free, pedestrian only shopping district (Strøget), which leads into the main tourist attractions in Copenhagen.

During my stay, I also had the hotel's buffet breakfast, which was really decent and had a great variety of drinks and food.

Overall, I can't fault the hotel in anyway. I would definitely recommend it to other travelers who want a solid hotel experience in central Copenhagen.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank brmen

Dear brmen,

it is always pleasure to get such fantastic reviews as yours, thank you!

Lovely to hear that what we do, does pay off in form of happy and satisfied customers. It makes all our hard work worth.