“good position and overall good value”

Copenhagen Mercur Hotel
Ranked #55 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Copenhagen, Denmark
“good position and overall good value”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

we stayed only one night during the weekend (Friday night), and even though our room was facing the street (on the 4th floor) we could barely hear any noise (being a light sleeper, I was a bit afraid of that by hearing other reviews, Seriously, I did not even notice I was next to a train station!).

The location was perfect and the value was good for Copenhagen.

The receptionist was nice and helpful. We did not dine at the hotel so I cannot give feedback on that.

The room was clean and spacious enough. I would have given a higher rating if the bathroom did not smell REALLY bad (it felt like someone just used it for the whole time...we tried with open doors to ventilate it a bit, but nothing worked). Also, we could not figure out how to turn on the light of the bathroom only, so when I went there during the night I had to turn on all lights in the room ;)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear silviola86,

thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.

It is lovely to hear that you were not bothered by the traffic, it shows how well the windows are isolated :-)

We are sorry for the inconvenience with the bathroom smell, we experienced some issues with the piping, and this issue is being addressed by the maintenance team. It´s a process that takes a while in a hotel with 119 rooms.

The bathroom lights have a separate switch, so you don´t have to turn all the lights on, so I really don´t know what could have happened in your room. Maybe you could get back to me with a room number, so we could have a look at it? Also it would be helpful with regards to the smell you mentioned.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Management Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Usa
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in March. The Vesterport train station is across the street and Central station is 5 minutes away. It was close enough to walk to many places in CPH - museums, the lakes, Stroget, Round Tower. Our rooms faced the street and there was some slight street noise but I preferred that over the view from the rooms in the back (you face other buildings and overlook a tennis court). The breakfast was great - plenty of pastries, breads, fruits, juices, and hot/cold items. The rooms were comfortable and clean, and the TV had enough channels to select from. The staff was very helpful with directions and accommodating our early check-in (at 10am). WiFi worked great and our room rate was very reasonable compared to other CPH hotels(prepaid online). Two grocery stores are 2 minutes away for any drinks/snacks. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floors in the front if you like to see a view of the city and see what is going on in the str...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Dave S,

we are delighted to hear that everything was to your liking when staying with us.

Our windows are double glazed, so the noise is very minimal as you say, and I personally agree, it is a bit more exciting to have a view over this lovely city than the backyard.

Thank you for you kind words and your time and don´t hesitate to contact us in case of a future visit :-)

Coimbatore, India
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I booked it because I was on a budget.. It was decent enought for a 2 night stay.. Ambience was nothing great, old lifts.. in short, pretty old building.. But still Value for money.. Best part was the location. WiFI was useful too..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Praz666
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Praz666,

we appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us.
It is good to hear that you were satisfied with our location and services.

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 28 March 2014

It is a Centrally located hotel near the Central Station. The Metro is just on the other side of the Road. The City Hall and the Tivoly Park is within vicinity There are opportunities to stroll are good opportunity to stroll by the lake behind the hotel in 2 minutes walk. The rooms are reasonable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jalal61,

thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.

The hotels location is indeed a big plus, we are happy to hear that you felt the same way too.

Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed in the Best Western for four days on a return trip to Copenhagen.
The location is good as it is central without being really busy. The metro is just across the road and the main station a 5 minute stroll away.
The hotel itself was OK.
Pros - Buffet breakfast was always topped up well
Location
Staff were very helpful
Room was quite large for the price with a sofa / table area

Cons - Construction work underway
No safe in the room, there were a very limited number in the lobby
Quite noisy in the afternoon, I think there is a music academy next door?

I would stay again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John C
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear johnnyc40,

thank you for making time for a review of your recent stay with us.

We are truly delighted to hear that you enjoyed what BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel had to offer you. I make sure to pass you feedback to my colleagues at the front desk and restaurant.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by music and construction, we are about to get finished with our 10 new luxury rooms on the first floor, if you like the good space on your stay, make sure to check these out the next time your plans bring you to Copenhagen!

The music originates from Bremen theater (right behind us- the two buildings share a cellar), where they have concerts and some tv shows here in the city. They are working on better isolation, due to us pressuring them to do so, because at times it can be quite inconvenient with the noise.

We hope to see you again sometime!
Have a lovely weekend!

England
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have only had one disappointing experience in a Best Western. This hotel falls into the 'safe choice' when you are visiting a country for the first time.

A large open lounge, a good selection for the breakfast, a room with some room, and the staff were helpful and friendly.

That is all we need for a stay and hopefully it will do for you as well.

(They are building a gym for the more muscle conscious among you _ I shall see you in the bar.

Room Tip: I have heard people moan about the sound of trains. They don't worry me anyway, and did not hear...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Toreador
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Toreador,

we appreciate your time used on giving us a review.

Your comment made me smile, I am glad to hear that you liked our lounge and bar, so we don´t get offended that you are not blown away by the soon to be gym in the basement ;-)

Seems like you had a good time with us and that is only a good thing that the traffic didn´t bother you. We are all different, some are more sensitive to noise, thankfully we have rooms facing the backyard too.

Gasman6331
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We paid £150 for 2 nights stay at this hotel. The hotel location is spot on with the Metro 2 min walk away and Tivoli Gardens only 5mins away. The hotel is easy to find. There is currently some work being carreid out with the extension of the restaurant and a gym being added to the basement which created some background noise. We were in room 512. Room size was quite small but adequate. The noise from the trains was just about bearable. The double bed has two single duvets whihch was a bit weird. On the last day the TV seemed to be broke as it kept switching itself off. Breakfast buffet gets very busy after 08.45 and the selection is not massive but once again adequate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gasman6331
Dear Gasman6331,

we appreciate your time for providing us with your review.

We are sorry if the renovation works was an inconvenience, it is all in order to better our product and services.

The rooms are all different in size, I believe that my colleagues assigned this particular room to you because it´s one of the renovated ones with the new headboards.

It is very unfortunate with the television, I believe I fixed the problem later that day.

Single douvets are quite common in most european countries, so for us it is very natural to have a double bed and two single douvets. However I will drift the idea of having them on request with the management, could be great service to have especially when other hotels don´t.

It is indeed busy some days in the brakfast buffet, fortunately for us we barely had ´low season´ feels like high season thorughout the winter months too. It is a good idea to try to beat the crowd and you are always welcome to take your meal up to the room.