ProfilHotels Mercur Hotel
Copenhagen Strand(Copenhagen)
US$284
US$248
  • Bar/Lounge
Wakeup Copenhagen, Borgergade(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$172
US$262
Travelocity
  • Room Service
1,006 results
All reviewscentral stationtivoli gardenstea making facilitiesfree wifipriced hotellocation is excellentdouble bedcity breakthe main shopping streetdecent hotelan expensive citytea and coffeefew minutes walkfamily roomcity hallrooms are smalllittle mermaid
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This is a nice hotel, with decent priced rooms, close to the main station in Copenhagen. There is nothing outstanding about it, but it's a good mix of location, price and quality. The room was clean and quiet, staff was helpful, an overall good experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at ProfilHotels Mercur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear ggabi,

thank you for a review of your recent stay with us.

It is lovely to hear that you were satisfied with our services, I make sure to pass your comments on to my colleagues.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Excellent hotel, centrally located in the heart of Copenhagen. Easy walking distance from the Central Station, Hertz rental car, and most important tourist sites in the city. The breakfast buffet was one of the best we have had in Europe. When my wife developed a minor medical problem on a Sunday, requiring an emergency room, the hotel staff went out of their way to provide assistance. She was treated immediately and we can not complement the hotel enough for their help.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at ProfilHotels Mercur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear John C,

thank you for your review here too, we appreciate your time used on praising us, my colleagues and our services.

If we would not be the way you describe, it would not make any sense for us to be in this industry.
We are glad that we could be of help! :-)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights last week. The hotel is very well located in Copenhagen. Just 7-8 minutes walk from the central station. The train ride from the Airport to Central Station was just 36 DKK one way and 50% for children under 16 years of age. Room was quite nice wit a tea coffee maker and of a good size Right opposite the hotel is also the metro station. Seven Eleven and other restaurants are just round the corner at a 2-4 minutes walk. The hotel also served good American Buffet Breakfast. The Hotel has free WiFi access in rooms as well as a internet PC at the reception which can be used free of charge. Within 4-8 minutes walk is the popular Tivoli Gardens Amusement park with some of the most amazing daring rides, the planetarium and best of all the most helpful Tourist Center to buy tickets or to get information on any sights and how to get there. Also just a KM away 15-20 minutes walk is the canal cruise Boat sightseeing point to an amazing 45 minutes boat ride to see the sights of Copenhagen. The main pedestrian shopping area starts at just 6-8 minutes walk from the hotel where you can find the Town Hall, Ripley's believe it or not Museum as well as the Guinness museum of Records etc. The Zoo and the Rosenberg Castle are just a comfortable 10 - 15 minutes ride buy Bus just around the hotel and Tourist Center. Best way to do Copenhagen is to buy a 2-3 days Copenhagen card which gives you entry and access to most sights free of charge. English is spoken and understood by almost all the locals. The staff at the hotel were very nice and helpful and always looked up and smiled if you passed by.

Room Tip: Rooms with large window opening onto the main road are good and bright. The metro trains noise did not really disturb us nor did the vehicle traffic, in fact we liked it as it cut out the dead silence when windows are closed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sanjay S

Dear Sanjay S,

thank you for providing us with your review of BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel.

It seems you got a lot out of our good location in the city center :-)

We are glad to hear that everything was in place and everything functioned under your stay with us.
I make sure to pass your comment on to my colleagues at the reception.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This hotel offers good location, value for the money and staff. This place is located near many city attractions including Tivoli Gardens and within minutes on main train station, and across the way there is a metro stop, which brings me to the next point. If you are a light sleeper, you are better off with a room in the back, which I got. The rooms were neat and there were plenty options to choose from at breakfast buffet. The staff were very helpful at all times. They answered all of the questions regarding transportation, sightseeing and where to eat at reasonable cost. We were very satisfied to have stayed here. Enjoy!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Blanca F,

we appreciate you telling us what you liked about your stay in Copenhagen at BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel. It is always delightful to hear that everything was in order and that you enjoyed our services.

Our aim is to have happy and satisfied guests, so I am glad that we achieved that in your case :-)

Reviewed 14 April 2014

we stayed only one night during the weekend (Friday night), and even though our room was facing the street (on the 4th floor) we could barely hear any noise (being a light sleeper, I was a bit afraid of that by hearing other reviews, Seriously, I did not even notice I was next to a train station!).

The location was perfect and the value was good for Copenhagen.

The receptionist was nice and helpful. We did not dine at the hotel so I cannot give feedback on that.

The room was clean and spacious enough. I would have given a higher rating if the bathroom did not smell REALLY bad (it felt like someone just used it for the whole time...we tried with open doors to ventilate it a bit, but nothing worked). Also, we could not figure out how to turn on the light of the bathroom only, so when I went there during the night I had to turn on all lights in the room ;)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at ProfilHotels Mercur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear silviola86,

thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.

It is lovely to hear that you were not bothered by the traffic, it shows how well the windows are isolated :-)

We are sorry for the inconvenience with the bathroom smell, we experienced some issues with the piping, and this issue is being addressed by the maintenance team. It´s a process that takes a while in a hotel with 119 rooms.

The bathroom lights have a separate switch, so you don´t have to turn all the lights on, so I really don´t know what could have happened in your room. Maybe you could get back to me with a room number, so we could have a look at it? Also it would be helpful with regards to the smell you mentioned.