“Home from home in Copenhagen”

Copenhagen Plaza Hotel
Ranked #44 of 119 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 5 June 2014

A regular stop-over for me in Copenhagen. Central located traditional and comfortable old fashioned hotel best suited to those who like to enjoy the more traditional style of life. Central station (quick to airport) and next to Tivoli for a unique experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,267)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in April 2014. Read the history of this hotel to understand why it is full of character. From the elevator, to the names on the posts at the lobby, and especially The Bar. The breakfast was good, not great. Wifi was good all over. The room was dated, especially the bathroom. Suggestion: Spend a little more to get a room with a balcony facing the street. Right across is the Tivoli Garden and Amusement Park. Plus Hard Rock Cafe on the left, and the Copenhagen Bakery on the right. The train station that is right beside the hotel looks like a palace ! We would have enjoyed The Bar some more if not for the astronomical drink prices. Maybe it would be a good idea for them to offer "Happy Hour" prices.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sylzamo
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel is a winning combination of the charming and traditional (the lovely library bar where I went to read or work every night) and the thoughtfully updated (spotless, modern bathrooms in the rooms). I loved my top-floor room with its eaves and view -- it was so cozy and economically put together, I wished I could model my bedroom at home after it! There was a small fitness center, which I greatly appreciated. And the staff were helpful in recommending walks and restaurants. I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: I had a room on the 6th floor (room 616) which I LOVED because it had windows with eaves looking out...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here and at the Scandic Palace. The rooms here are better and the bar is very nice and old style looking. Although they have fewer of the nice rooms. May want to check ahead. I prefer the breakfast and location of the Scandic though. Unless you need to be by the trains. The coffee machine was broke which was a bummer. They offered to let me buy my own at the barista next door = $$$$. But I love the bar.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel is not brand new but has a lot of personality. I like the spacious rooms. Great service and loaction. The lobby bar is also great. I have stayed in this hotel many times. My favorite in Copenhagen.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the CopenHagen Plaza hotel in the city of Copenhagen for three nights beginning 12 March. Our room number was 619, which is on the top floor of the hotel. Would we stay at this hotel again, absolutely yes!

The room overlooks a central core area of the hotel. While we did not have a street view the plus side of that is we had no train or traffic noise. The room is large / clean and so is the bath. The large bed is comfortable. There are 4 windows and two skylights in the room so there is plenty of natural light and air. The only caution to the room is the slopping ceiling with beams on the window side of the room. If you are tall …. watch your head … especially those middle of the night visits to the loo.

The hotel is conveniently located across the street from the main train depot in Copenhagen and offers easy access to all the major tourist venues. The main Tourist Information Office is only a one-block walk from the hotel.

The hotel booking service used by our travel agent made an error in our reservation that was not caught by either our travel agent or us. Upon arriving the error was discovered. Fortunately the hotel had a room available and the young lady at the check-in desk quickly took care of the problem.

Others have mentioned the high quality and quantity of the breakfast. We definitely agree. It was a great way to start the day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed five nights in this well-placed, comfortable hotel in Copenhagen from 5-9 of May, 2014. The localization is excellent: just few steps of Copenhagen's Central Station and Tivoli Park. Our room was clean, ample and confortable. Prices were fair, and the rate included breakfast. Attendants were nice and helpful. What else we could need?

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Copenhagen hotels
Inner Vesterbro
#15 of 119 in Copenhagen
Scandic Palace Hotel
Scandic Palace Hotel
#23 of 119 in Copenhagen

Been to Copenhagen Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Copenhagen Plaza Hotel

Address: Bernstorffsgade 4, Copenhagen 1577, Denmark (Formerly ProfilHotels Copenhagen Plaza)
Region: Denmark > Zealand > Copenhagen > Inner Vesterbro , Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service
#27 Luxury Hotel in Copenhagen
Price Range: £93 - £257 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Copenhagen Plaza Hotel 4*
Traditional Club-like Hotel with classic, grand-hotel ambiance, built by King Frederik VIII. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Copenhagen Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Copenhagen Plaza Hotel Copenhagen