Copenhagen Plaza Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
1,301 results
All reviewslibrary barglass elevatortrain stationtivoli gardensgreat locationopposite tivolibit datedtop floorcentral locationroom facingthird floormini barbreakfast buffetmain stationcity breakyogurtmodern hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Breakfast was okay, but the room was pretty grim - they really need to do something with the grout in the bathroom - the mold was scary. Hair dryer didn't work. I was provided with a hand held one, but there was no way to plug it into the bathroom (because the broken one was firmly attached). Drying my hair without a mirror was challenging.

Location is terrific, easy to get everywhere and the bar is really nice, fun drinks and great atmosphere.

Room Tip: Be careful of rooms facing the train tracks - and avoid room 102.
Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I just returned from 9 nights here. What a disappointment. The location is excellent and the place is pretty from the outside, but the inside is in desperate need of an update. The housekeeping is some of the worst I've experienced in European hotels. The carpets look and feel dirty. I left a wet washcloth and empty shampoo container in the shower one day and returned to find them still there after the room had been cleaned! Bathroom towels are threadbare and there were no bathmats on the bathroom floor. Housekeeping told us they never use them. The breakfast was adequate but the breakfast room never felt clean and had a bad smell. One other irritation was that there was a concierge desk but the concierge was Missing in Action 90% of the time. I would not stay here again unless they updated this place. It has great potential but feels sadly neglected at the moment.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We decided to book our last two nights in Copenhagen while there earlier in the vacation. That was our first mistake as the city was pretty heavily booked for no particular reason. We finally found the Copenhagen Plaza just outside of the hauptbahnhof which was a little pricier than we had intended and required us booking a "superior" room. Our feelings: " at least we have a room".
When we returned to Copenhagen by train we were excited that the room was so convenient. Checked in and was sent to room #102. It was in need of refurbishing, very dark, bathroom tiles needed cleaning and regrouting, ineffective air conditioning. It didn't even have coffee facilities in the room. We immediately named it the Dungeon. I wouldn't send my pets there. We were terribly disappointed but felt lucky to have a room.
The next morning I informed the receptionist about our negative feelings. She told us to go have a good time touring and when we returned they would have us in another room. That afternoon we returned and had been moved to room #410. WOW! Now that was a superior room. Views of Tivoli, large French doors with small balconies, a coffee maker and cheery ambience.
Though still pricey in our book, we would return to room 401 in a minute. If you book and get assigned to room 102, make a fast getaway!

Room Tip: My room reviews are for the second night. Avoid room # 102
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jack D
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I visited this hotel for a weekend. I was looking really forward to staying at a hotel with Classic, old fashioned style. However when I got there it was obvious to me that this could have been extravagant, but due to lack of maintenance and service, it should have been a low budget stay instead. The price is really over limits compared to the dirty tiles, leaking faucet, etc. The managers should really spend some of the profits for the maintenance account or lower the price for a stay. The breakfast buffet was also very standard. Nothing regarding this hotel met my expectations except for the location. I Will choose another hotel for my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2014

location -- The hotel is right across Copenhagen Central Station and one of Tivoli's entrances. Most of the sights are within walking distance, but there are also several bus stops and a taxi queue nearby. At the corner of Vesterbrogade (2 minutes away on foot), you'll find a large tourist information center with a small café; next to it is a money changer with good rates and no commission. Further down Bernstorffsgade, about 5 minutes away, is a small Rema branch (grocery).

rooms -- We got one triple and one double room. Both were spacious and clean, with an elegant old-world aesthetic that matched the overall feel of the hotel. Modern amenities included airconditioning, bathroom heating, a flatscreen TV and free wifi. The triple room had a balcony overlooking the train station, but it was quiet. Beds were comfortable with fluffy pillows and thick duvets. It was really a great place to come home to after long hours of touring.

breakfast -- Eggs, pancakes, sausages, bacon, beans, fresh fruits and vegetables, cold cuts, pate, cured fish, cheese, bread (including Danish of course), fruit preserves, yogurt, an assortment of juices and teas, coffee

staff -- all very fluent in English, and very accommodating.

other things -- I loved the elevator, a glass-walled contraption that you had to manually open; the fresh flowers inside were a nice touch. There's a column in the lobby with engraved plaques bearing the names of famous people who have been previous guests. The hotel is also famous for the Library Bar which is found on the ground floor. Guests are free to have a look inside before opening hours; it houses hundreds of old books, and is very stylishly furnished. My drink recommendation is the Cozy Apple :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family