I stayed here for four nights in October. Key points for me:
- my room (on the 5th floor) was small and would be a tight squeeze for a couple with lots of luggage but it suited me. Also a nice balcony complete with a small patio set which was a nice touch.
- Whilst the bathroom was generally good, the shower did tend to flitter from a good temperature to VERY (bordering on dangerously) hot. There also seemed to be some pressure issues. Not worth complaining about but worth noting especially if kids are using these facilities.
- The room/hotel was clean
- WiFi was free and worked perfectly
- location was good, minutes away from Nyhaven and around a 20 minute walk to the main CityHall area. CPH is quiet a small place and everywhere is easily accessible. The Strand is also nicely located ob the waterfront so no issues with noise.
- staff generally were okay. The night manager was very friendly and helpful and most other staff were reasonable if not overly personable (manager at breakfast was curt to the point of rudeness but may just have been one of those days).
- there is no bar or restaurant area just some selection of drinks/crisps at reception. This may be the norm for Denmark but it does leave the hotel lacking some atmosphere and it felt a little soulless on occasions.
In short, a good hotel and I would happily recommend for anyone staying in CPH.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Copenhagen Strand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copenhagen Strand Hotel Copenhagen
- Strand Hotel Copenhagen