“Good hotel, close to central train station, slightly noise with no air conditioning.”
Review of DGI-byens Hotel

DGI-byens Hotel
Ranked #74 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Good value for money with breakfast included in a really central area.
The only problem is the proximity with central train lines and some noisy related to that.
Beside this, no air conditioning during summer can bring some trouble even in Denmark...

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
north east Hampshire
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I managed to break toes and badly sprain my ankle on the way to the hotel. They helped me sort out the trip to the hospital, loaned me a crutch, gave me chocolate and let me stay in the room until after check out time so that I could rest before taking an insurance agreed earlier flight home.

The hotel is behind the main railway station and has a leisure centre, bowling alley and restaurant as part of the complex (extra charge, but reduced prices for guests). We had a superior twin room - spacious, clean, very comfortable beds. There is free wi fi in the public area, but this is not stuffed with comfy couches or the like...Coffee and tea packs can be bought for 20DKK to have in your room where there is a kettle. I would have liked a mirror by the desk - easier to do your hair and make-up sitting down...The hotel was busy, but very quiet once in your room. Whilst not in the thick of the main tourist area, if you are not hobbling around, everything is walkable.

The buffet breakfast was fabulous.

Room Tip: We stayed in 201 - it had a balcony and was a good size.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bootsmagee
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 19 April 2013

The pro of the hotel is the location, few minutes walk to the railway station and quite close to the central area. I spent two nights there in February and I consider it a decent hotel if you are in transit. I don't recommend it if your stay is longer. The area is noisy due to the fact that it is close to the railway, and if you are not a deep sleeper, you can be awakened.
The hotel is basic and clean and it is connected to a big recreational complex with a swimming pool and gym.
You should be aware that there is no bar downstairs, so if you plan to have some drinks in the evening you should go out. Also, the wifi is working only at reception!
Part of the staff (the guy from our first night) was very nice, helpful and gave us lots of information. But when we left, the lady from reception was rude and didn't want to give us the receipt as she was explaining several times that we will receive it by e-mail from booking.com. After we insisted, she made the effort of printing it. Of course we didn't receive from booking any receipt until now...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Amsterdam
Reviewed 19 April 2013

This is one of the worst experiences I've had staying in a hotel. Most of the staff were extremely rude and unfriendly and they try to make you pay for everything instead of trying to make your stay comfortable.
I was there for business and I needed an iron for my clothes on the day of an important dinner. Not only the room did not contain the iron it said in the description, when I went downstairs to reception to ask, they told me that they did not have any available and couldn't help me. Not even an apology. It took two days and meeting Martin (the only member of staff that was actually helpful to get hold of an iron and apologetic for the bad service!)
As for the rest, the rooms are as spartan as a student dorm and hot as a sauna, the cleaning service consist on folding your duvet over the bed and consider yourself lucky if you get a new towel (in 6 nights there!) and the breakfast buffet was mostly empty one hour before closing. One morning there wasn't even coffee...and no one to ask for it.
Oh, and the place is quite noisy: my walls trembled every time one of my neighbors closed the door.
I am not a picky traveller, but when working, I expect some level of comfort, especially at more than a 100EUR a night!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank lauripi

Travellers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels