“Good value hotel”

Copenhagen Star Hotel
Ranked #68 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 8 January 2014

After reading the reviews about the location of this hotel we were pleasantly surprised. We saw no evidence at all of earlier reports about the hotel being in the 'red light district'. It's proximity to the station was another bonus and everywhere was within walking distance. The hotel itself was very clean, the room WAS small and the bathroom even smaller and that is the reason I have given it only 4 stars. The breakfast was adequate and gave us a good start to the day. I would recommend this hotel to any other traveller. I have already done so!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Glen L,

thank you for making time for a review of your recent stay with us.

It makes us truly glad that you didn´t feel uncomfortable in the surroundings of the hotel.

The danish police work very hard on cleaning the area of shifty looking people and the street has been also redesigned with wider sidewalks to make it easier to get around with suitcases.

It is delightful to hear that you were satisfied with your stay, even though you were allocated one of our smaller rooms.

Thank you for your recommendtations!

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance, and feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

There are newer reviews for Copenhagen Star Hotel

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews on this basic hotel I was a little concerned, but had no need to be! The staff were very helpful and friendly, the location was great, right next to central station. Our first room had a smelly, mouldy bathroom, we were moved with no problems at all. I would stay again and the breakfast was adequate too!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Mel J,

We are delighted to hear that you are satisfied with your stay with us, and thank you for sharing this here.

The mold in some bathrooms is a problem we have a lot of focus on right now, we are constantly changing the tile joints, giving the bathrooms a bit of a ´facelift´ and we also invested in a new ventillation system which should be helpful in preventing the mold from coming back.

We are definitely glad to hear that you would stay with us again, let us know when your plans take you to Copenhagen the next time! :-)

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We loved the location. Right at the doorstep to the train station and Tivolli Gardens and parking just outside. We only spent one night and left early to the airport so I can't comment in the breakfast. We arrived early and our room was ready for us. Small, but clean and neat. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Evelyn R,

thank you for contributing with your feedback about your recent stay with us.

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our central location and were satisfied with your stay.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I wouldn't recommend for anyone to stay here. Yes, it's relatively cheap but the rooms are small, the location is not the nicest (although central) and the staff is passive. The breakfast is quite good, although when we stayed here a lot of the dishes were dirty. The staff always took them away but without any apologies or explanations. The coffee was so bad we had to find a café to get coffee after the breakfast.
When we stayed here there was a fire alarm. Everyone hurried to the lobby in their pyjamas. We stayed there and got absolutely no. information from the staff. After a while we asked if we could return to our rooms. The person in the reception said yes, the fire alarm was just because of a sensitive detector in the kitchen or sth. We went back up and the other guests asked us if it was ok and we could inform them - the staff didnt care abt saying anything to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Johannaeleonora,

thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.

We are truly sorry for not exceeding your expectations. We have a lot of focus on our breakfast restaurant now, in order to provide better service. Thank you for your comments on this matter.

Let me apologize on behalf of our entire team for the inconvenience of the fire alarm. They are calibrated quite sensitive, and the kitchen detector went off due to some damp. That does not change the fact that you should have been informed about what is going on, we are sorry about that.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights between Boxing Day and 29th December. The hotel is a budget hotel and relatively no frills but the staff are friendly and helpful, the room is clean and warm and the breakfast is perfectly adequate. On arrival we found our initial room to have a slight smell issue with the bathroom but the hotel staff simply have us a new room without hesitation. It is well placed just 2minutes walk from Copenhagen Central Station. We saw no evidence of the red light district that other posts describe.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear C J,

thank you for making time to give us your feedback with regards to your recent stay.

We are delighted to hear that the inconvenience of changing the rooms did not cast a shadow over your stay with us, and that you were satisfied with our services.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

copenhagen star hotel is extremely conveniently located. it is situated extremely close to copenhagen main train station, with barely a 100m walk required. it is also ideal as it allowed us to explore all the attractions well. plenty of dining options around too! breakfast was ok and rooms were quiet (facing courtyard) and clean. however, in the family room we chose, i found the shower really small. reception was helpful with maps provided (a great help). also, the receptionist was helpful, answering our queries. security seemed good too as the hotel card was required in the lift. some ways the hotel could improve would be to allow more hooks to hang our coats and to provide kettles in the room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sherskey
Eszter_Szucs, management assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear sherskey,

thank you for taking the time for a review of Copenhagen Star Hotel.

It is a please to read that you enjoyed staying wiht us, in the heart of the city.

Unfortunately due to the fact that the hotel is two buildings joined together, the location of the family rooms did not allow bigger bathrooms, we are sorry if this was an inconveneince during your stay.

We take your practical advice into consideration, thank you!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend with friends to visit the city and the Christmas markets.
The hotel was a no frills, good value place - very similar to a Travelodge in England. Our room looked out onto the road, but was very quiet nevertheless. (May be different in summer if you have the windows open). The hotel is perfectly placed for travel and sightseeing, being just a couple of minutes walk from the back entrance to the main station.
The room was fine for a weekend, although if you were staying longer, the lack of shelves or drawers might be a problem. And unusually for cold countries, there were no hooks to hang your outdoor coats on - they would have been useful. The bathroom was clean, but there were no toiletries apart from a soap dispenser, and no bath mat, so the floor by the shower got a bit wet.
Breakfast was good - everything was tasty and fresh, and staff constantly replenished the buffet, even towards the end of service.
Copenhagen is expensive, although not that much more than things in England, and there are plenty of reasonable places to eat and drink. We bought a Copenhagen Card at the airport, but probably didn't save much over paying for things individually. (If you know what you want to visit, there is a calculator on the Card website, which helps you decide if it's worth buying one). It's only valid for one visit a day to Tivoli, so you can't use it to walk through the park on your route into town, and in December, most of the museums, galleries and castles are shut on Mondays, so factor that in as well. We started our stay with a walking tour (copenhagenfreewalkingtours.dk) which was excellent and helped us get our bearings as well as giving us lots of info about the city.
Much of Copenhagen is behind hoardings at the moment as they are building a Metro system, so we need another trip in a few years' time to see the city at its best. When we do return, I would happily stay at the Star again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear JJMandS,

thank you for your review of Copenhagen Star Hotel, you truly describe us the way things are.

It can get noisy towards the street if one wants to have the windows open at night, but there is also abetter view of all the tall buildings in the city on the upper floors looking over the street.

We are aware that more shelves and coat hangers could be practical for our guests. There are plans of renovations in motion, but first we need to have an overview of what needs to be done.

Maybe by the next time you come around we did some of the work ;-)

The way the showers are built is rather typical danish style, I´m afraid.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast, and as you say for other meals you can easily fin places with all you can eat buffet eg. for 150,- dkk. Copenhagen is an expensive city, but we can always point you to the right places.

The construction of the metro does take a lot of space up now, but it will be a fantastic addition to the already existing public transport lines.

We´d be happy to welcome you back, should your plans take you to Copenhagen.

Wish you lovely holidays and a happy new year!