“Will stay here again”

Ranked #72 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Will stay here again”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Booked a "last minute special offer" and got a nice room, decent breakfast but not so great wifi (disconnected every five minutes). Super location (next to the central station) - very good deal for the price and I will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kim W
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Kim W,

thank you for making time for a review of your recent stay with us.

It is truly lovely to hear that you were satisfied with what Copenhagen Star Hotel can offer.

We are sorry for any inconvenience with regards to the Wi-Fi connection, we have signal boosters on every floor, however at times of full house, and many connected I could imagine it could become unstable. In case of certain brands we experienced that they perform better on our back up connection, so in case of a return, please do not hesisate to ask for assistance at the front desk.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Management Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I booked two triple rooms for two nights, we checked in Feb.10, 2014.
My room was 409, another room is 401, the room was spacious, just the bathroom was quite small, plenty of windows and heat devices, I liked that.

The floor was not balanced for some reasons.

I asked the front to print two pages of paper, it was OK.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear wilsonjing,

we are glad to hear that most things were satisfying. As I mentioned earlier in another answer, unfortunately danish bathrooms are rather on the small side, both in private homes and in old hotels.

Thank you for your comment on the floor, it sounds weird, however the hotel is old, therefore it is possible that something under the carpet has been lifted. I make sure that maintenance gets this information.

Copenhagen
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The hotel is in a great location near the central station. Our room was Ok: clean with all necessarity, but the shower was really small to use. The service was great and the personal was nice and helpful. I liked to stay there!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Barbara G,

we appreciate your feedback on our services and regret the inconvenience the small shower caused under your stay with us.

Unfortunately it is a rather danish standard to have small bathrooms, in some old apartments in bigger cities you literally ´have to stand on the the toilet´ to take a shower, this is even something danes joke about.

Wellingborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Very comfortable hotel in great location. Take the train from the airport (about£4) and the Star hotel is less than 5 mins from the station. Friendly reception staff, comfortable rooms and decent breakfast (although does get busy as dining area small). The addition of tea/coffee facilities in room needed. Copenhagen is a compact city easily explored on foot from this hotel. The Danes are a very friendly people and a great welcome is received from all quarters.

Room Tip: Situated in a quiet area so noise not an issue
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear huw2014,

thank you for your making time for a review of your recent stay with us.

It seems we must be doing something right, at least according to your feedback :-)
We are glad to hear that our staff, services and the rooms was to your satisfaction!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 February 2014

One snowy nite in Copenhagen in January 2014. A traveling writer like me, from Asia, i found out that people here are so polite, informative, helpful, and extremely nice. One of the staff, Mads Lindemose really help me with so much needed info for me to write something.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank FaizalUKM
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear FaizalUKM,

Thank you for making time for a review of your recent stay with us.

It is great to hear that you were satisfied with our servcies and I ´ll make sure to pass your comments on to my colleague, Mads.

city
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This hotel was chosen based on the close proximity to the train station, ranking, reviews, value. We weren't impressed that we had to press a call button to be let in, the hotel clerk was temporarily unavailable. Free wi-fi but needed a code for each device to be printed upon check-in. Breakfast was not included but available for an extra cost. The room furniture, particularly the desk area is a good design, allowing more than one person to sit and use their laptops. We scheduled a very early train departure shortly after 0300 for the airport, must enter the train platform from the rear on the street, as the station is locked up at that hour. It's good breakfast isn't included as we would have missed it with our early departure, otherwise I'd rather stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank G L
Dear panda88,

thank you for your review.

Both of the two first things you mention are safety measures, for our our guests, including you.

No one, who is not a guest at the hotel (or comes with the intention of becoming one) is to enter the premises after a certain time in the night, but guests can of course use their keycards one checked in.

However I am sorry for the inconvenience of my colleague being absent, receptionists are alone on duty for the whole hotel, it is possible that he had to check on something or was taking care of another guest.