“Convenient location”

Ranked #72 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Convenient location”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night on a short trip to CPH. It's a 5 min walk from Copenhagen Central Station with several Asian restaurants close by. Must say that though I had a street facing room on the 3rd floor, there was no noise. The bed was extremely comfortable and I had a very good sleep. The reception staff were helpful and (like most Danes) spoke excellent English. Breakfast was ok (croissants, bread, cheese, ham, butter, jam, boiled eggs, yoghurt, fruits, muesli, beverages) but the serving area being small, gets a bit crowded easily. Overall, decent value for money and may consider staying here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Niladri M
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Niladri M,

great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

People are very different when it comes to noise or how hard/soft a bed is, so we are definitely glad to hear that you didn´t have problems with any of that :-)

It is true however that the breakfast are can work a bit crowded at some times, due to the pillars in the restaurant area. To avoid queues we have some information on channel 1 on the TVs (information channel) with regards to the most and less busy times at the restaurant.

We appreciate you taking time for a review of Copenhagen Star Hotel and hope to see you again sometime!

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Management Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Just minutes walk from the central station and 12 mins on the train from airport for £4 one way. Clean modern decor and very friendly helpful staff. Breakfast was good with boiled eggs and good fresh bread and coffee available. Wifi free in room. Recommended

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bob M
Dear Bob M,

Thank you for contributing with your review of your stay with us.

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed our services and that our location was pleasing.

London
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Writing this on my final night of two at this hotel. As many have noted, the staff are extremely friendly and only too happy to help. I was staying on the fourth floor with windows facing the inward courtyard area, the room was clean and pleasantly heated without being too warm. The wifi was good (grab the codes from reception, 1 per device, as others have noted) and the bathroom's a decent size for Copenhagen, especially given I had a single room.
Tea making facilities would make this room better, but otherwise I have no complaints. Stayed here as part of a business trip, so the closeness to the main train station was really helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank charlie t
Dear charlie t,

we appreciate your kind feedback, thank you for the time!

Danish households, especially in city centers are known for their small bathrooms, so it is lovely to hear that you were satisfied with the size of the bathroom facilities. Even same room types can have some differences with regards to where they are placed in the building.

Tea making facilities is something we have to consider to introduce and we are not against it, however it takes some calculations and decisions from our side.

I am glad to hear that my colleagues were helpful, I´ll pass your comments on to them :-)

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Booked a "last minute special offer" and got a nice room, decent breakfast but not so great wifi (disconnected every five minutes). Super location (next to the central station) - very good deal for the price and I will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kim W
Dear Kim W,

thank you for making time for a review of your recent stay with us.

It is truly lovely to hear that you were satisfied with what Copenhagen Star Hotel can offer.

We are sorry for any inconvenience with regards to the Wi-Fi connection, we have signal boosters on every floor, however at times of full house, and many connected I could imagine it could become unstable. In case of certain brands we experienced that they perform better on our back up connection, so in case of a return, please do not hesisate to ask for assistance at the front desk.

Shenzhen, China
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I booked two triple rooms for two nights, we checked in Feb.10, 2014.
My room was 409, another room is 401, the room was spacious, just the bathroom was quite small, plenty of windows and heat devices, I liked that.

The floor was not balanced for some reasons.

I asked the front to print two pages of paper, it was OK.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear wilsonjing,

we are glad to hear that most things were satisfying. As I mentioned earlier in another answer, unfortunately danish bathrooms are rather on the small side, both in private homes and in old hotels.

Thank you for your comment on the floor, it sounds weird, however the hotel is old, therefore it is possible that something under the carpet has been lifted. I make sure that maintenance gets this information.

Copenhagen
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The hotel is in a great location near the central station. Our room was Ok: clean with all necessarity, but the shower was really small to use. The service was great and the personal was nice and helpful. I liked to stay there!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Barbara G,

we appreciate your feedback on our services and regret the inconvenience the small shower caused under your stay with us.

Unfortunately it is a rather danish standard to have small bathrooms, in some old apartments in bigger cities you literally ´have to stand on the the toilet´ to take a shower, this is even something danes joke about.