“Worst service ever”

Good Morning Copenhagen Star
Ranked #68 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We could hear a party going on all night. They were playing loud music and we could smell the smoke coming out from the bathroom. Couldn't sleep a bit. We tried making complaints to the hotel multiple times but they didn't do anything about it. I am well travelled and really didn't expect to experience the worst hotel service from Denmark. Do not go there if you want to sleep without listening to other people's bad music taste and smell cigarette smoke in your room all night long.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Good Morning Copenhagen Star, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear caprose,

let me apologize on behalf of our entire team for the inconvenience the other guests have caused. It is not acceptable to behave like that in our hotel and it is an error from our side that those guests have not been removed from the hotel immediately.

I have forwarded your comments to the management and we´ll have a look at the case, however we need more information. Could you be so kind to provide me with a last name/room number you stayed in and the date of your stay?

We would highly appreciate your assistance, and once again, we are truly sorry that you didn´t get to experience Copenhagen Star Hotel the way you were supposed to.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The Star was a great choice for a city break as it was right next to the Central Station, so getting around the centre of town was really easy. The room was spacious and very quiet, with double glazing. The beds were comfortable but on the soft side. There were a few things missing, a mat to keep the shower from flooding the floor in the bathroom, no bedside tables, but it was very good for the price. The first day, the breakfast was in a Chinese restaurant opposite due to the hotel doing some maintenance in their kitchen; it was mayhem, too many people in too small a place, but the next day it was back to the hotel and was very calm. The receptionist told us they had worked extra hard to get it up and running. All in all, a good deal.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear lindsalba,

thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us.

We are sorry for the inconvenience with the breakfast buffet, but the hotels kitchen floor needed to be renovated for our colleagues safety. Great to hear that you were staying with us when they finished it, so you could enjoy our recently refurbished restaurant.

Lovely to know that all in all you enjoyed our location and services.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel was the least expensive I could find for the area, it did not disappoint. We were in room 303 on the 3rd floor. The room was large, warm, very quiet, the bed the most comfortable I had slept in. It was basic but had all you needed. The cleanliness could have been a little better. We found a bag of the last occupants toiletries that they had let.... but apart from that was fine. The bed was made every day and it was Central to everything. It is a 5 min walk from the station and there are a few "Gentlemens clubs" around it but caused no problems at all. The breakfast was adequate, although it could benefit from offering a cooked breakfast for those that wanted it. A kettle in the room would have been handy but we always take our own. Free Wifi which was great to.
Our friends stayed in a hotel in the next street and paid twice the price we did and theirs was noisy and no better bedroom wise.
I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 303 very good and quiet. but if someone is above you you will hear them. Go top floor if poss
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear kaznal,

we appreciate your review of your recent stay with us. It is lovely to hear that Copenhagen Star Hotel was the right choice for your visit to this beautiful city.

We are truly sorry to hear about the inconvenience with the belongings from the previous guest, I will forward this note to the management.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

the hotel is literally around a 3 minute walk from Copenhagen central station so it was great how we didnt have to walk too far carrying the suitcases and get to and from the airport. with being so near it was easy to find the main square where you can catch the city sightseeing bus, and walk to the main attractions near Tivoli Gardens, National Museum, Carlsberg Glypotek and to the main shopping street Stroget which is about 5-10 minute walk from it. The hotel itself was a great price for 2 nights with breakfast having quite a bit of selection including toast, croissants, juice, cereals etc. The room itself was quite big for the both of us, however seeing as we were on the angle the bathroom was tiny!! the shower was triangular and was hard to get in and out of also when in the shower it was quite easy to then hit either the wall or the toilet next to it. Im only very small myself and had difficulty with it. Other than the bathroom the room was a great size, beds were comfy and the maids did come in to clean over the weekend. Also with out flight being quite late and check out early the hotel did look after our baggage so we could do some more exploring which was great. If came again would stay in the hotel but a different room would have be a better choice, would recommend for a short break.

Room Tip: if able to, try and not get a room on the angle, bathroom tiny!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hollie F
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Good Morning Copenhagen Star, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Hollie F,

thank you for making time for a review about your recent stay with us.

It sounds like you had a great time in Copenhagen and enjoyed our central location.

Please do let me apologize for the inconvenience with the bathroom, our rooms - even within the same room type- can be very different due to the way the hotel consist of two buildings. Also in danish city centers it is rather common to have very small bathrooms. There is even joking about it that sometimes you have to ´sit on the toilet´ when taking a shower. I can definitely relate to this matter, so I understand that this was an bit of an inconvenience.
'
Feel free to contact us, should you plans take you to Copenhagen again!

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Very convenient for central station after flight, 2 min walk, very pleasant and helpful staff. Room very ample for length of stay comfortable bed and nice size bathroom with good hot water on demand. Not in the town centre but very close 5/10 min walk. And restaurants close as well and good selection. Broad and open mind is helpful as hotel is rather close to gentlemens clubs and erotica shops, but no hassle to hotel. In fact we found it rather quite,

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trevor B

Dear Trevor B,

thank you for sharing your experiences with us, we are glad to hear that our services and location was satisfactory to you.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed here for a night on a short trip to CPH. It's a 5 min walk from Copenhagen Central Station with several Asian restaurants close by. Must say that though I had a street facing room on the 3rd floor, there was no noise. The bed was extremely comfortable and I had a very good sleep. The reception staff were helpful and (like most Danes) spoke excellent English. Breakfast was ok (croissants, bread, cheese, ham, butter, jam, boiled eggs, yoghurt, fruits, muesli, beverages) but the serving area being small, gets a bit crowded easily. Overall, decent value for money and may consider staying here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Niladri M

Dear Niladri M,

great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

People are very different when it comes to noise or how hard/soft a bed is, so we are definitely glad to hear that you didn´t have problems with any of that :-)

It is true however that the breakfast are can work a bit crowded at some times, due to the pillars in the restaurant area. To avoid queues we have some information on channel 1 on the TVs (information channel) with regards to the most and less busy times at the restaurant.

We appreciate you taking time for a review of Copenhagen Star Hotel and hope to see you again sometime!

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Just minutes walk from the central station and 12 mins on the train from airport for £4 one way. Clean modern decor and very friendly helpful staff. Breakfast was good with boiled eggs and good fresh bread and coffee available. Wifi free in room. Recommended

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bob M

Dear Bob M,

Thank you for contributing with your review of your stay with us.

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed our services and that our location was pleasing.