“Works if you need a triple close to the station” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Copenhagen Star Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Copenhagen Star Hotel
Ranked #70 of 114 Hotels in Copenhagen
Providence, Rhode Island
“Works if you need a triple close to the station”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Copenhagen is expensive. Relatively speaking, this place is average. Close to the station and Tivoli. We did not pay extra for breakfast as there are plenty of places to grab some pastries and coffee nearby. We stayed here because we could get a triple at a relatively average price. The room is a little run down, but it does function. The area is not scary, but several people do hang out around the station and they mostly keep to themselves. The staff was nice.

Room Tip: Book in advance. There is some street noise but not terrible.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear phillipsrhit,

thank you very much for the feedback on your recent stay with us.

It is great to hear that our location and triple room availability was to your benefit.

Booking in advance in a city like Copenhagen is definitely recommended, that way you can ensure the best price.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Management Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Meredith, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

After trying for several hours to get a room the day before we were going nothing was available. (Tuesday night, June 17)
Finally we got one through booking.com for Dkr. 5836.00 (approximately $1000). This is not a mistake, we still have the receipt.
We were desperate and thought OK, it is a once in a lifetime event and we will sleep in style.
Boy were we shocked to find a room worth about 1/10 the price we paid.
This is an example of gouging at its worst. Copenhagen was definitely not worth it.

Room Tip: Book far in advance if you plan to visit Copenhagen. Don't use booking.com. Serious gouging goin...
Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear IAG-603,

thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.

June the 17th was a historical day in this years high season in Copenhagen, as you say, it was impossible to get a room in the city, or if there were any rooms, the prices were in the skies. The fact that Denmark and Copenhagen are generally more expensive than other european countries does not help either.

We are sorry that your stay didn't live up to your expectations.

Management Assistant

Travellers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

The Garden Path
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I loved this hotel for the location and convenience for Copenhagen Central Train Station, only a 2 minute walk. I was travelling with my elderly father. Upon check in we were given a room on a higher floor so was well away from street noise and traffic. They give you breakfast cards upon check in to be used for each day that you are there, also there is a separate key card for the lift, which also serves as your room key.

Breakfast was nice was a bit chaotic if you don't get up early. There is a separate area for smokers outside, so I stayed well indoors. There is great variety in the breakfast the hotel provides from cereals, juice, coffee, tea and a range of hams, fruits, cheeses and all the usual breads that come with breakfast. The grill they provide for the toast is rubbish and takes about 10 minutes to toast one side of a piece of bread. Gave up in the end. The one thing they could do would be to re-arrange the way they display their breakfast as you get a few people wanting cereal and it blocks up the whole queue and people cannot get past to the other facilities i.e. coffee, tea and juice sections.

Overall a very good hotel, but be warned about its location. Turn right out of the hotel towards the Central Train station and everything is alright, but turn left and walk a few blocks and you have already passed 4 sex shops and a dodgy looking person on drugs sitting on the side of the pavement. Not a nice area whatsoever. Very run down and dirty.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Flower P,

thank you for your extensive review of your recent stay with us.

It is great that you were satisfied with being next to the central station, but without the noise :-)

I must say that I agree on the subject of the crowded breakfast area, unfortunately this was the best way we could use the space, and when it is full house, it can become quite busy. Could be nice if the restaurant didn´t have those supporting posts, it would give us much more space to do good with.

As I mentioned in a previous comment, I must disagree with the area being run down. Throughout these last 2 years there has been a tremendous effort by the city and police to clean this area up both for the tourists and local residents sake. However it is not perfect of course and you will always see dodgy people around a central station in big cities. We are sorry to hear about the impression you got about this area.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Excellent value for location 2 minutes walk away from central station and Tivoli. Rooms clean and a decent size. Staff friendly and helpful. Great outdoor area to get away from the hustle of the city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Matt C,

thank you for providing us with your feedback on your stay with us. Good to hear that all was satisfactory to your taste.

Middletown, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This has to be one of the worst places I've stayed and I'm really not sure how it earned three star status. If you need to take the train often or want easy access to the red light district then it's convenient, but if you're looking for the charm of Copenhagen you should look elsewhere. The area is totally run down and unpleasant and didn't feel safe. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable, but the bathroom was minuscule, there were no amenities and there was nothing separating the shower from the rest of the bathroom, so everything got soaking wet. The breakfast also rates as the worst I've experienced in my travels: the selection was extremely limited and there was nothing cooked available. The staff at breakfast were pleasant and worked very hard, but, with the exception of the person who checked us in, the rest of the front desk staff was surly, unpleasant and unhelpful. There are no less than four strip clubs in the immediate vicinity and the corner the hotel is situated on is a very active marketplace, to put it mildly. Avoid it if you can.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Beth0744
Dear Beth0744,

we are sorry to hear that your visit didn´t live up to your expectations and that you felt unsafe.

It is a busy area, but I would not call it rundown, just in the past year all sorts of investments were done, all in order to satisfy tourists and local residents too. The pavements were made wider (handy when visitors roll past with their suitcases and thee area is cleaner. We are sorry to hear that this was not your impression.

With regards to the hotel classifications, you can read some info here: http://uk.horesta.dk/en/MemberBenefits/Classification

Unfortunately the bathroom you describe is a rather typical danish picture, also in apartments.

We are well aware that our breakfast selection is not luxury, but it gives a good start for the day, and we are looking into some changes with regards to the breadrolls for instance.

Once again, we are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your stay with us.

Victoria, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We arrived from the airport by train where the Copenhagen Star is only a block away from the main train station. We were early but they had a room available. I asked for a quiet spot and they had a room of us in the back. It was very quiet except for one morning of an early garbage pick up. The room is very basic. Nice bathroom with shower, a desk for writing, a window with a bench that was great for reading, and a 30" LCD for watching Danish TV. Actually I had a few USBs with tv shows and movies which also worked great on the tv. Marla really liked the bed.

We booked using Expedia and the check in was very smooth going. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel. There is an awesome bakery at the end of the street near the train station, also a fruit and grocery stand is nearby. As for coffee there are lots of coffee stores nearby for the fancy stuff and McDonalds in the train station also has a good supply of the cheap stuff.

There were some lonely women standing on the corner looking for a friend and some stores that would not be for everyone's taste in the neighbourhood. Yes, there are strip clubs nearby but it is no different than any other big city. Each morning I would go for a run and found there were no issues or problems from the community of stores.

I found the front desk staff were quite helpful and friendly. The housekeeping staff were very good and very helpful. All in all it was a good experience and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Bring your own soap, shampoo and face cloth as none are provided. Explore the neighbourhood, aside...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear blamar,

We appreciate your time used on this extensive and very spot on review. You sum it all up in the best way!

Shame that you had to experience the early morning garbage pick up, I simply don´t get why do they come so early, but I guess they have to do it somewhere that early...

Fantastic to hear that you could also watch your own TV shows on the flatscreen TV in the room via USB!

I really like how you describe the neighborhood and would like to point out that we at Copenhagen Star Hotel agree entirely, there is nothing any different from another big city here.

We are sorry to hear that the all over shampoo was not to your satisfaction.

Umeå, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed a weekend in this typical luxury hotel from a long time ago with old fashioned but OK rooms in the city centre. Clean with beds and bathroom OK. We had a room with a balcony facing Tivoli across a the street which was nice, the street and Tivoli are busy but we were not disturbed too much. A good breakfast with a calm atmosphere.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear JanStenberg,

thank you for your review of your stay at Copenhagen Star Hotel.

We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with the view, location and the breakfast buffet.