Good Morning Copenhagen Star
Tivoli Hotel(Copenhagen)
US$343
US$297
  • Pool
Wakeup Copenhagen, Borgergade(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
US$197
  • Breakfast included
US$196
Agoda.com
1,152 results
All reviewscentral stationtivoli gardenssoap dispensersex shopsfree wifiwould stay here againluggage roomnoise from the streetexcellent locationcold meatsfew minutes walkexpensive citydouble roombreakfast roomtraincerealkettle
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The only real advantage of the hotel is the location - very close to station. Staff is frendly and helpful. They manage the continuous flow of tourists effectively.
Equipment is part new, Ikea stile. Most of the things work, but in my room the shampoo dispenser wa broken and emty. What displeased me - the smell from towels. I think that it is every where in Europe budget hotels buy the cheap laundry and towels are greyish and smelling acid ammonia. Specialists would recognise what a trick this is symptom of.
Breakfast is OK, but worse than in median Copenhagen hotel.
If your room will look to the yard, be prepared to listen the loud noise of the trash collectors

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank silencd
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Good Morning Copenhagen Star, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear silencd,

thank you for your feedback with regards to your stay at Copenhagen Star Hotel.

Lovely to hear that our staff made a good impression and that the hotels location was suitable.

We are sorry about the broken dispenser, that was definitely not meant to be that way. I will forward your comment with regards to the towels to the management.

Unfortunately the wastebins are located in the yard, that is why there is so much noise when collecting the trash. I must say it is very displeasing for us as a hotel that the municipality choses to do it so early in our neighbourhood, but I guess they have to start somehwhere.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Copenhagen is expensive. Relatively speaking, this place is average. Close to the station and Tivoli. We did not pay extra for breakfast as there are plenty of places to grab some pastries and coffee nearby. We stayed here because we could get a triple at a relatively average price. The room is a little run down, but it does function. The area is not scary, but several people do hang out around the station and they mostly keep to themselves. The staff was nice.

Room Tip: Book in advance. There is some street noise but not terrible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear phillipsrhit,

thank you very much for the feedback on your recent stay with us.

It is great to hear that our location and triple room availability was to your benefit.

Booking in advance in a city like Copenhagen is definitely recommended, that way you can ensure the best price.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

After trying for several hours to get a room the day before we were going nothing was available. (Tuesday night, June 17)
Finally we got one through booking.com for Dkr. 5836.00 (approximately $1000). This is not a mistake, we still have the receipt.
We were desperate and thought OK, it is a once in a lifetime event and we will sleep in style.
Boy were we shocked to find a room worth about 1/10 the price we paid.
This is an example of gouging at its worst. Copenhagen was definitely not worth it.

Room Tip: Book far in advance if you plan to visit Copenhagen. Don't use booking.com. Serious gouging going on there. The city was really nothing great. We would not go again.
Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear IAG-603,

thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.

June the 17th was a historical day in this years high season in Copenhagen, as you say, it was impossible to get a room in the city, or if there were any rooms, the prices were in the skies. The fact that Denmark and Copenhagen are generally more expensive than other european countries does not help either.

We are sorry that your stay didn't live up to your expectations.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I loved this hotel for the location and convenience for Copenhagen Central Train Station, only a 2 minute walk. I was travelling with my elderly father. Upon check in we were given a room on a higher floor so was well away from street noise and traffic. They give you breakfast cards upon check in to be used for each day that you are there, also there is a separate key card for the lift, which also serves as your room key.

Breakfast was nice was a bit chaotic if you don't get up early. There is a separate area for smokers outside, so I stayed well indoors. There is great variety in the breakfast the hotel provides from cereals, juice, coffee, tea and a range of hams, fruits, cheeses and all the usual breads that come with breakfast. The grill they provide for the toast is rubbish and takes about 10 minutes to toast one side of a piece of bread. Gave up in the end. The one thing they could do would be to re-arrange the way they display their breakfast as you get a few people wanting cereal and it blocks up the whole queue and people cannot get past to the other facilities i.e. coffee, tea and juice sections.

Overall a very good hotel, but be warned about its location. Turn right out of the hotel towards the Central Train station and everything is alright, but turn left and walk a few blocks and you have already passed 4 sex shops and a dodgy looking person on drugs sitting on the side of the pavement. Not a nice area whatsoever. Very run down and dirty.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Good Morning Copenhagen Star, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Flower P,

thank you for your extensive review of your recent stay with us.

It is great that you were satisfied with being next to the central station, but without the noise :-)

I must say that I agree on the subject of the crowded breakfast area, unfortunately this was the best way we could use the space, and when it is full house, it can become quite busy. Could be nice if the restaurant didn´t have those supporting posts, it would give us much more space to do good with.

As I mentioned in a previous comment, I must disagree with the area being run down. Throughout these last 2 years there has been a tremendous effort by the city and police to clean this area up both for the tourists and local residents sake. However it is not perfect of course and you will always see dodgy people around a central station in big cities. We are sorry to hear about the impression you got about this area.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Excellent value for location 2 minutes walk away from central station and Tivoli. Rooms clean and a decent size. Staff friendly and helpful. Great outdoor area to get away from the hustle of the city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Matt C,

thank you for providing us with your feedback on your stay with us. Good to hear that all was satisfactory to your taste.