Hotel Kong Arthur
Skt. Petri(Copenhagen)
Hotel SP34(Copenhagen)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,137 results
All reviewscozy hourspa roomking arthurnorreport stationfree glass of winelovely hotelfood marketeach eveningjunior suitesister hotelshower gelminute walkno air conditioningquiet locationwet roomcity breakan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Kong Arthur is just the opposite of the stream line new and fancy business hotels. It has a warm and cosy atmosphere, a terrific spa, great breakfast and a "feels like home" lobby area. The location is the best possible, close to the Lakes and Nansensgade, one of the best streets for dining and wining.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stine J, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Kong Arthur, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your review. I cannot thank you enough for choosing this exact headline for your review. It is such a pleasure to learn that you felt exactly what we wish for all of our guests to feel when staying with us: like having a home away from home. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Kind regards,
Stine Jørgensen / Hotel Kong Arthur

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Hotel is on good location near the lakes. Convenient for business as well as for pleasure or fun. 10-15 min walk to city center. Wi-fi is working all around the hotel. Only thing that has to be improved is tv and program choice.

Room Tip: Double superior.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed one night at the Hotel Kong Arthur before boarding a Baltic cruise. The service was excellent, the staff young and eager to please. The room was small, but sufficient; it would have been difficult for a longer stay. Bed was circular and not as comfortable as the standard rectangle, but we had a restful night. The breakfast was buffet style and generously stocked. The only issue is that it is an older but updated hotel with many layers of steps. No problem unless you are wheeling around a fully packed large suitcase designed for a week and a half cruise. Then the steps can be bothersome. Overall a very good experience, and close to walk to numerous attractions. We enjoyed the visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Away from the main tourist hub, but in Copenhagen nothing is too far away. A 15 min walk to the canal tour, 10 min to the Kings Garden. After long haul flight I arrived at 9.30am, well before check-in. I had emailed the Hotel the week before asking for an early check-in. Alas my room was not available, I accepted an upgrade at 40 Euro a night extra so that I could get inearly. The room was very clean and adequate. Even though it was fall, I slept with the window open as the bedding was hot and the room a stuffy. Beware, there is no porter- staff do not offer assistance with your baggage,I found check-in a very average experience- "Go down those stairs, find the elevator with the silver door- I had two suitcases, cabin luggage and a handbag- I needed to mange the stairs with all this luggage- not off to a good start. I would not recommend this hotel to older travelers- too much lugging around in an old building. The Hotel breakfast was more than adequate, this is recommended as Copenhagen is a very expensive City to visit.
If traveling to Copenhagen again I would stay here as long as my husband was there to help with the luggage!

Room Tip: Upgrade- my executive room was an average size room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank KerryC65
Reviewed 4 November 2013

It was the second time that I've been there, the King Arthur is an exencial and clean hotel with good and friendly staff, and a very good breakfast. I've already advised it to a friends.
The only think is that maybe it will be better if they will put one more towels !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelCopenhagen, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Kong Arthur, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Betty

We are so glad that you liked Hotel Kong Arthur. It means a lot to us to get feedback from our guests. We listen to all comments and use it to evaluate and improve our hotels.

Regarding the towels: When we became a carbon neutral hotel, we looked into all our practices, in order to save unnecessary energy. We found that many of the large towels was washed without not even having been used. Because when they hang out, we must of course replace them when new guests arrive, also if they are not used. Therefore we decided to put the large bath towels in the closet. But unfortunately, not everyone notice this. We are now considering whether we in the future, should change our practice.

Best regards